Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

They said it probably was my mucus plug. But so far nothing else has happened. I usually start feeling crummy early in the morning or night. So if anything happens I have a feeling it will be during those time frames.

Thank you No Doubt! I am getting very anxious. Maybe a bit to anxious for my own good! I started getting old bloody show a few minutes ago though. I am going to keep bouncing on the exercise ball. My sister keeps calling and asking if there has been any change and my mother keeps looking at me with this raised eyebrow expression and asked if I'm alright lol They are making me laugh.

Walker - :hugs: I'm so sorry, your birthing centre sounded so fab! At least you'll get to have your own mw with you though. The mw can make a huge difference. The girl I had was amazing. She was so relaxed and really helped myself and dh to enjoy what could have been a really stressful experience given the circumstances (if enjoy is the right word considering the pain thats involved!!! :haha:)

Nat - good luck!!!! Will be thinking of you! Enjoy the gas and air! (like I said - fantastic stuff!!!) Keep us posted!

Last night I had some strong BH. Before bed I had a few which weren't crampy, but were strong enough to change the shape of my belly to more elongated rather than round. Then while I was sleeping I had a couple that woke me up. I haven't had any that woke me up before. I hope this just means Leo will not be late for a May birthday, not that he's planning on making any arrival too soon.

My grandfather's burial is tomorrow, so this weekend would definitely not be a good weekend to go into labor. I don't want my family to have to choose to either say their final goodbye or be at Leo's birth. I'd also like to wait to find out his position, which will be on Tuesday.

This stage of PG I'm finding is really kinda boring. Not much going on and really don't have much to write about!! Next week is full term and then it's just waiting and getting more things together. Still working on the hospital bag. We are doing the car seats this weekend. Doing lots more cleaning and getting the pack n' play put together this weekend too. Just kinda blah. I mean I'm super excited but am a realist and know that he most likely isn't going to come early and not getting my hopes up. Like 85% of babies come after the due date with like 5% on due date and only like 10% early. SO am in no way thinking he'll be early at all - just have a huge feeling he's gonna be late!! I honestly want him to stay in and cook more - he's wayyy better off in me and being as close to 40 weeks as possible or a bit after as they told us in the birthing class!!

Christie - I am still having tons of BH as well and ones that really are pretty uncomfortable. I asked the Dr. about them and he said they aren't anything to be worried about and that they most likely aren't doing anything anyways. Just being annoying if you ask me!!

I've been having them more at night as well and getting a bit painful/uncomfortable and and the doc said that's normal when I went in on Wednesday.

And I agree, there's nothing going on right now. Just my feet swelling, lol.

Thanks for the hugs! I need to work on my birth plan more seriously now, and maybe take a tour of the hospital. Also looking into a doula (though I don't really want to worry about the expense of it). I need to pack my bag, too! Yesterday I washed all the 0-3 month clothes and am in the middle of folding them and putting them in the dresser. I haven't bought a single article of clothing! Everyone's been so generous with hand me downs and gifts that I have two full drawers of newborn-3 month clothes and two full plastic bins, one of 3-6 month and one of 6-9 month clothing!

On a side note, anyone's sciatica come back lately? It's been painful to walk the past couple days since my right butt cheek is all out of whack. :p

Yes, my pain is oj the left side, but yesterday my right butt cheek was hurting while sitting down...yay...

Yes, I agree this is a boring time in the pregnancy. While trying to decide whether the evening primrose was going to help in not letting Leo show up late, I came across this site. I found the delivery time graph interesting that there was actually such a spike on the 40 weeks and either side was quite even on both sides. I'm also surprised there were so many near and over 43 weeks. Gosh I really hope Leo comes out before that!

Oops forgot the link https://spacefem.com/pregnant/charts/duedate0.php

Nat-I take it baby is here by now??? eeeek look forward to hearing from you!!!!

hope all others are doing well-birthing class for dh and I tomorrow....nervous and excited..can't believe its time to kick things into gear already ahhh!

The most exciting thing I can think of is all those aches and pains and I now have bad carpel tunnel and can't even butter my own toast.. come on baby I am sure ready when ever you are

Nope no baby yet :( He keeps giving me false alarms. Last night I was about to get dressed and go to the hospital but my contractions faded away. I was having really horrible cervix pain and back pain. I am tired of my body giving me mixed messages.

It's a gorgeous day out, so I took my son to the park and we walked (well I walked, he rode in the stroller) around the lake. It's a 2.5 mile hilly stroll. This is after we went to the mall, where I got myself a nursery bra and a comfy bra for the hospital.

Now I'm waiting to see if all that walking is going to make me as sore as walking so much did a month ago. Or if I'll be able to keep this up to encourage LO arrival.

Nat, we are all waiting for you LO to start arrival parade. I have a feeling once one of our LO shows up then the others will follow. :)

This sounds yummy. Supposed to be a labor inducing smoothie. Even if it doesn't it still sounds good.
https://www.justmommies.com/pregnancy/labor-and-childbirth/pineapples-to-induce-labor

I think we soon as one goes the rest will follow too. I was sore after my walk the other day. So I skipped the next day...and yesterday...and how I'm full so probably today too, lol. But I have been bouncing on the ball and my hips are always achy after I stand up so I hope that helps things to spread.

OK short vent. My manager asked me yesterday if I was any closer to knowing when exactly I'd be out on maternity leave. Like I'm a physic and can foresee when my baby will decide to show up? I just didn't understand how he thought there was actually an answer for that.

Wow...um, ok. The due date isn't good enough I guess. Some people just ask the dumbest questions ad if there's really an answer for that.

Is anyone elses thighs look like chicken legs on steriods? Im sure I have been given a an double shot.

Anyone lactating yet? Im not but get a lot of white crusty stuff most days.

I'm not sure I'd use that description for my thighs, but the tops of my thighs have gotten bigger, but I only notice when I'm sitting.

No leaking yet. I haven't really noticed any change there. I'm pretty sure I"m going to be one of those who doesn't get any milk until after baby is here. My sister leaked early, so I thought I was going to, but nope.

I little sore today from my walk yesterday, but nothing that moving around wouldn't loosen up. I also feel like I'm sitting on LO head whenever I sit down today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->