Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Very busy last few days for me. My grandfather passed away this week and we had a family viewing Friday then the baby shower Saturday. It was actually good timing because we got to say our goodbyes and then focus on something happy afterwards. It was a nice distraction for my grandmother to focus on baby stuff for a day too.

The baby shower was a co-ed bbq and was so much fun. We got most of the big items on our list which is great. Now we have a giant pile of gifts to sort through. I still have to purchase the co-sleeper and some little items and diapers (we surprisingly only got one package). I helped out a lot with the setup and did a lot of walking around all day so I am very sore today.

Anyone else been having a lot of trouble sleeping through the night lately? I toss and turn all night it seems. Just can't get comfortable anymore.

I'm having trouble sleeping, but I think it's cause my mind is racing right now...stress. Sounds like you shower was wonderful. Sorting through all the items is fun and tedious, but I just tried to focus on the run part and do a little bit each day. Hubbs would drag stuff into the living room and I would sit and put it together. That's not his strong point wo he would just look at me confused, lol.

I tried to have the carseat put in yesterday, but no one certified was there. They told us to call back Monday. So that makes me feel good to know that someone has to be certified, they don't just let anyone do it.

Rae - so sorry to hear about your grandfather passing :hugs: That is nice that you had the shower after so everyone could think about something so positive. I have been waking up every 2 hrs at least for the past week and I usually never have trouble sleeping.

Sorry about your grandfather Rae. Your shower sounded fun.

I feel the opposite about sleeping lately. I've been sleeping better, though still getting up twice a night to pee. But I attribute that to my son actually sleeping through the night more often now.

Sorry about your Grandpa Rae.

Two - You won't start lactating til you have the baby and your milk comes in. For most, it comes in 2-3 days after birth. Some people start leaking now but that's about it. I've only seen a few spots in my bra - not much at all.

Nat - Hope baby Isaac comes soon for you!

I haven't been sleeping since January so nothing new there for me!

Holy back ache today. I totally overdid it this weekend. Been another super busy one. And next week is going to be even busier sooo...

rae-sorry to hear about your grandfather passing

nat-come on little baby time to meet mommy!!! =)

hope everyone is doing well....i just want my son to be here already...getting very impatient!! hehe

Almost-Thank you!! I agree I keep telling him that every time I talk to him! I have a feeling he is waiting for my guard to be down.

Full term today! :happydance:

No leaking here, yet. Feeling good. Sleeping relatively well most nights with just one pillow between my knees and kind of tucked under my belly! Some nights I only wake up to go to the bathroom twice. Some nights it's every hour or two. Mostly the former, luckily! Not going to try any natural (or unnatural, for that matter haha) induction methods unless I go to like 41 weeks. Baby O or S will come when he's ready.

Congrats on making it to 37 weeks Walker.

All the 'natural' induction methods I've read about are just methods of priming your cervix so that when labor starts it doesn't last as long. Nothing I've read actually starts labor. Baby needs to let our bodies know s/he is ready to come out and therefore contractions can commence. I for one would like a short labor, so I'm priming away.

I get to see LO tomorrow, so excited. I'm really hoping to find out he's not breech. I've been convincing myself more and more that the hard bulge at the top of my belly is his head. I really don't want a c-sect, so hoping if he is breech a MW at the practice will help me try to flip him.

Christie that could be his butt. I have a hard bulge pop out sometimes and I know Virtue isn't breech so I know it's his butt. I think it can be hard to distinguish sometimes.

Walker...yay for full term!

If it's his butt, he has a nice round hard little butt. I sure hope it is, but the MW seemed a little unsure last week because it was so hard, apparently a bony little butt. She also didn't find his heartbeat where she thought it would be (low), which added to my thoughts that maybe he is flipped, since his heartbeat was high. Or maybe he's just a pretzel in there. I'm just glad I get an excuse to take a peak at him tomorrow.

christie-I think it could be his bum bum since I know my son is not breech and get a hard bulge at the top of my tummy-try not to worry unless you sre told otherwise!

Fingers are officially too swollen to wear my wedding rings as of today. Bummer deal!! Little piggy fingers!!

Yeah for full term Walker!! Hooray!! I agree - our babies will come when baby is ready!

Christie - I feel something hard to the right side of my tummy. I have been assuming it's his butt or a shoulder!! So jealous of your scan!! I want one so bad as I haven't seen baby since week 17!! I agree - I reallllllly do not want a c-section at all!!

My midwife does belly mapping every time and our little guy has been head down for weeks. Yay! I can feel his butt on my upper left belly and his back further down, and his little feet are always poking out of my upper right belly. MW says she think he has long legs!

I get the butt bulge up at the top of my tummy too and I feel a ton of pressure from her head when I walk or sit down. She also likes to poke her feet out of the soft spot in my side below my ribs. She pokes it out and I push it back in.

He's doing a lot of stretching today, if I wasn't hitting my belly with my thighs while walking up the stairs, I would think he's undropped. He is all up in my ribs and down low trying to push everything out of the way. I think he's figured out there is no room and is attempting to find some. Sorry LO, you're out of luck.

I guess I just don't have much faith in the MWs at my practice. They have only attempted to feel his position twice and the first time I felt like she was assuming he was head down, he wasn't big enough yet to feel an upper bump/hard spot (I see that MW most often and I'm not a fan of hers). The second time (different MW), she just seemed unsure.

Rae - that reminds me I had a dream he stuck his foot out so far, that my skin looked like a leg and foot stretching out a balloon! I had to gently get him to get his leg and foot back into place. Ah the weird pregnancy dreams.

That sounds exactly like Virtue. In the middle of the night he goes starfish and I feel two hard nubbs on both sides of my belly. I rub the side I'm not laying on he bring them back in...then goes starfish again, lol.

Christie they say that even when they drop because they're still growing you will sometimes feel them in your ribs.

Will it ever end D: I'm pretty sure I have gotten more of a work out from bouncing and walking than any progress with LO -.-

Attachments

• Image365.jpg
    Image365.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member