Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

sounds good nodoubt! I am in a cleaning mood too...nesting nesting nesting! ;)

No Doubt - You can definitely use the swing early on. If you have one that is fairly portable or a bouncer seat I've heard they're great to stick in the bathroom when you need to shower so you can keep an eye on baby. Also in the kitchen when you're cooking.

I've got the heavy feeling too. I always joke with hubby that he needs to carry her for a while because she's too heavy. When I walk for a long time too it feels like her head is right between my legs. Really uncomfortable but that makes sense because she's so low now. When they did my first cervix check 2 weeks ago they said they could feel her head right there so she's definitely getting ready!

Sounds like nesting is going around! Hubby installed the carseat yesterday and put together the glider, pack and play, and stroller. I'm working on the co-sleeper today and washing all the bedding and clothes we'll need early on. All this baby stuff is getting me really excited!

Anyone else having fewer BHs? I'm concerned because they've either stopped or have decreased strength significantly. If they have then I'm assuming no progress is being made and I hope that doesn't mean LO plans on being late.

No still getting them...still mostly at night.

I think pancakes make Virtue sleepy. I had some this morning and he was out like a light for a few hours, lol.

Just mowed the front lawn and part of the back. I think if anything is going to bring on labor then all that manual work would. At least it's brought back some BHs.

I've read that fewer BH can mean I'm staying better hydrated. I guess that's a good thing, but I'll have to ask about that at my apt this week.

My sister finally noticed Leo dropped. I guess it might be hard for her to see since she sees me almost everyday.

Christie, I think the manual work will help too. That's why I keep trying to stay active. I've even been carrying stuff up the stairs to put away as long as it's not too too heavy. Hubbs keeps trying to do stuff but I won't let him, lol. And its true about better hydration. The doc in triage said I'm probably having more bh at night cause I'm obviously not drinking as much cause I'm sleeping. My regular ob said to stay hydrated as being dehydrated can cause preterm labor.

Morning ladies. I'm up...and still pregnant, lol. 38 weeks today and still trying to will this labor into existence. Come on Virtue. Hopefully this week is it. I spent a good bit of yesterday telling Virtue it was ok to come out and that it was time. I think he's completely run out of room. He's not moving as much or as hard as he used to. Hopefully that's good too and it means he'll be on his way. I keep checking him on the Doppler to be sure though, just in case.

Morning no doubt and happy 38 weeks.x

I was worried with lack of movement, he was still moving just not.as much so I mentioned it to the midwife and she said about this time baby's will move less to conserve there energy for birth and as long as there is still movement not to be to worried.. So now all out babies just need to come out.

Morning ladies. I'm the same with movement - though she still moves a lot right before bed and as soon as I wake up. But, the last few monitoring ultrasounds I've had they couldn't get her to move enough to measure so I've had to do the non stress tests. Everything is always fine she just doesn't feel like moving around as much anymore.

Hopefully this means our little ones will be here soon! I just have some of her clothes and blankets and such left to wash and then we're ready.

All going well we might be going home on Wednesday!!! :dance: Keep your fingers and toes crossed ladies!! :D

Why is everyone hoping to go into labor before 40 weeks haha? I mean, I understand we're tired, but all the studies show that babies do so much better if they are are least 39 weeks (and 40 is even better). I'm just letting my little guy make the decision and not doing anything to speed him along.

As for me, (maybe TMI again), I've had diarrhea the past two nights, and I think he's dropped a bit. Getting ready?

very thrilled to hear the great news getting...GL!!!!

afm just excited to get to my next dr's apt (wed) because it very well could be my last....roll on weekend....I am feeling lucky with saturday still!! LOL

How exciting broody! Good luck.

I am S-O-R-E from mowing the lawn yesterday and I didn't even get to it all. Somehow I need to get the rest done today, or at least a good chunk more of the backyard.

Yay broody! Hope everything goes well and your munchkin can come home soon!

Walker I think at this point for me, I am uncomfortable...all the time. But I'm also feeling really anxious about his movements and the fact that I was recently really stressed which I know isn't good for him. I feel like its getting to the point where I'm worrying about him so much while he's on the inside that I would feel better if he was in my arms. I worry about sleeping positions, too much pressure here or there, etc. And I don't know why, but I keep worrying he'll release his bowels and I won't know and something will go wrong. OCD is not the best for a pregnant woman, lol. And of course I'm excited to meet him.

Now today I'm not feeling hot...just feel sick to my stomach.

Forgot to mention that I think I might have pulled or torn something in my belly yesterday (or Leo poked me really good). I get this stabbing pain now in one spot.

I also could not fall asleep last night. I think it took me at least an hour after I went to bed. And that was an hour later than my usual bed time. It didn't help that that's when Leo decided to be really active. I was just so uncomfy and anxious.

My mom is paranoid that I'm going to forget to call her when I go into labor. She keeps reminding me and my sister to make sure someone lets them know. Really mom? How many people does she think I have on my must call ASAP list?

I've been seeing clear-yellowish kinds of clots on my toilet paper for maybe the past week. On my walk to work this morning I felt some warm discharge (like when you start to bleed on your period). When I checked in the bathroom, my underwear was a little wetter than usual, and when I wiped, there was a reddish brown clot. Mucus plug, anyone? Looked just like pictures i've seen. Wonder how much longer . . .

Why is everyone hoping to go into labor before 40 weeks haha? I mean, I understand we're tired, but all the studies show that babies do so much better if they are are least 39 weeks (and 40 is even better). I'm just letting my little guy make the decision and not doing anything to speed him along.

As for me, (maybe TMI again), I've had diarrhea the past two nights, and I think he's dropped a bit. Getting ready?

I've been wondering the same thing - I thought I was the only one on here waiting it out patiently.... I don't want to go into labor this soon - they gave us a huge packet at the one class about how much better it is for baby to come on time and not early. I want him to be as close to 40 weeks as possible or even a little late if that is what he needs. I know he has to come out eventually and he will when he's ready. Sure, I'm super super uncomfortable and haven't had a halfway decent nights sleep since January but it's for a good thing and I'll just work around his schedule. ;)

Broody - I am so excited for you to hopefully bring Fia home! Such a strong little girl you got there!! :happydance:

So, after the obvious mucus plug loss this morning, my wipes the next two times have had streaky red mucus-y discharge. Looks just like what they call the "bloody show," which means he might get here in a day or two! Eep! I called my midwife just to verify and she said as long as it's with mucus and not like period blood, and as long as he continues to move normally, it's perfectly fine and they'll check me at my appointment on Wednesday . . . if I haven't have a baby by then, of course! Trying to keep calm and eat healthfully and drink lots of water in case he's getting ready to come this week . . .

We have been expecting this little guy to arrive every day since 24 weeks and has just made this pregnancy feel just that much longer and now I can't even butter my own toast, I am ready to have this guy arrive now if he wanted and I know he will be just fine. The doc said that there is know prob with him arriving now but I think he is stubborn like his mum and dad and will go over due lol.

That is great news broody you must be so excited to finally get your lo home.

I'm the same, not trying to rush baby but we're ready for her whenever she decided to show. I'd actually like her to come sometime after Memorial Day. Any holidays that happen during maternity leave I don't get back so I want that extra day off :) Plus, my grandfather's memorial service will be this weekend so I'm really hoping I can be there and she doesn't decide to pop out then. I'm definitely hot, swollen, and uncomfortable all the time though so I think that adds to the readiness factor. And, of course, I'm excited to meet her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->