Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I had really been feeling June 2nd (even though I'm due on May 27th), but after the last two days I'm wondering if it'll be May 22nd or 23rd!

My appt went fine...same as usual. No internal check today which is fine. I've been having a lot of pressure and cramps today though so who knows. Honestly its so hot right now all I want to do is relax and not move. And the tv in the office was on the fritz and they were backed up so I had to sit there for 45 mins watching the history channel and how Nostradamus predicted the end of the world and we're on the brink as almost all of his predictions have come true so I need to go get and underground bunker. Yeah...I'll get right on that.

My appointment was shorter than ever. I didn't think that was possible. I'm really not liking this practice, I feel like it's all assembly line in there. I wonder if they have to see so many of us in x amount of time.

Anyway, no internal check for me. Which is fine, it's not like telling me how much I am or am not dilated is going to tell me how close I am to labor. The MW I saw today seems to think Leo is only 6.5 lbs right now and will be at most 8lbs if I go full term. I'm pretty sure she was pulling those numbers out of thin air though. But maybe at least that means he'll be long and lean. She seemed to think her hands were a better determinate than the sonogram I had 2 weeks ago.

yes sno-yay for single digi countdown woohoo!

afm no progress was made here...no bloodyshow, no cramping...aside from the charlie horse in my leg.....glad to hear others are having lots of progress!

I have been dying for all deli meats so I want a platter to myself of roast beef TURKEY and ham sandwitches YUM lol

No doubt I dont even think a bunker would be any good if that was the case.. there is know escaping lol

Was about to head off for a walk until I got the worse belt of nausea and tiredness so I think I may just stay in today. I feel like I need to be sick to feel better but its just not happening :(

Christie at 35 weeks baby measured 5lbs and was told to expect a 7lbs baby and that was from scan so im surprised at the numbers she has given you for full term as that is a big jump in a short amount of time.

As much as I would like to believe he won't be bigger than 8lbs, I felt like she was just giving me a canned response. I didn't feel like she was really present with me.

Oh and I'm dying for a glass of wine. I'm a vegetarian, so I really didn't have to give up much. A pizza with some Feta cheese would be yummy too, but mostly it's the wine :) I also stayed away from tofu and as much soy as I could because I read it could stunt the growth of baby boy parts since soy has an estrogen like quality to it. Not sure if it's true or not, but .....So some tasty tofu would be nice too.

I think tofu is fine, it's the more processed soy, like in textured protein, you need to worry about (I might be wrong). I'm also a vegetarian, so I didn't have to give up much, and it was easy to find pasteurized eggs and soft cheeses when I wanted them. I am looking forward to not looking up every herbal tea ingredient known to man!

Christie I'm a little surprised at the number she's giving you too. I hate when places font do what their supposed to, or how their supposed...especially doctors offices.

I told the nurse today that after last week if I wasn't so far along in my pregnancy I would be at another office. We talked and it was basically confirmed that I was lied to. At least she explained why I had to go to triage which was fine...that was all I wanted in the first place so I wasn't freaking our thinking something was wrong. She was there when I called. And she agreed they could have at least explained it to me. I get pissed about that kind of stuff. And I knew the person on the phone was lying to me. Anywho...no here in going back.

I could really go for a glass of wine too, but that will have to wait at least until I start pumping and can store up enough. I saw in babies r us where they have these test sticks to test your breast milk to see if there is alcohol on it. They have everything these days.

I heard that weight gain tampers off at the end and you might even start losing a little.

No Doubt - I'm with you on the heat. I can't stand it! I don't know how people get through being pregnant in the midst of summer since this is just the start of it and I'm so puffy, swollen, and sweaty all day now. Very uncomfortable!

Christie - I'm also surprised at those numbers. I thought I heard that baby is gaining about a half pound a week now (if that). I'm hoping for 7 something. I was a small baby (6 lbs 3 oz) so hopefully she will be too!

As for cravings, I just can't wait to be able to eat things with sugar and not have to worry about it! I'm tired of tracking every little thing I eat because of this GD. It seems to have regulated lately so hopefully that is a good sign that I'll be free and clear after delivery!

I heard the same thing about losing weight towards the end. I'm perfectly fine with a little jump start, lol. I was reading up and they said on average women will lose 12lbs with delivery and then ah extra 4-6 in the following week. I guess everything else you're on your own, lol.

oh apt. today-will be getting another cervical check I hope I have some kind of progress going on!!! =)

Well I'm still gaining weight :blush:. I'm actually surprised the MW didn't say something about the weight I gained over the last week. I'm blaming it on the swelling from the heat though. There's no way with all the yard work I did this weekend that I gained that much just by eating.

I am looking forward to the initial weight loss though. I'm still hoping things go well enough for me to do my 5k at the end of June. I need to find myself a reasonably priced double jogging stroller so I can get out there and start running again. Though I know that won't happen for a few weeks, I still can't wait to get back into a routine.

The other girl at my job that was due 3 days after me had her baby early this morning. She went 2.5 weeks early with her first as well so I expected this. I guessed she would go yesterday, so I was close. I've been one day off with her and the other girl that went last month. I guessed Monday for myself, so we'll see what happens. People said I would probably be late though just cause I want him here so bad, lol. I told Virtue not to listen to those people, lol.

I know what you mean about getting back into routine. I so want to do my zumba and turbo fire. I thought about trying to do it the other day, but just really don't think I can modify it enough to where it will be ok cause its so fast paced.

I feel like I read somewhere that most people aren't cleared for exercise until 6 weeks postpartum. Is this true?

I see my midwife in a couple hours, and I'll have my first check! Excited! I also want to hear his little heartbeat (he's been a little more chill the last couple days), and maybe double check that I'm not leaking fluid, even though I'm fairly certain I'm not.

I think the 6 weeks is a generalization and for normal to heavy exercise. That's usually how long it takes to stop bleeding I think. I'm hoping to at least walk the 5k, since I've done this particular 5k since 2008 with my sister. And it's an all womens race and lots of the girls push strollers or even wheelchairs. It's a great feel good 5k.

Good luck with apts today, I hope there is progress for you all. I think Leo has dropped again, from my perspective he seems much lower today.

Hi ladies soooo here's the deal! I have high blood pressure, amniotic fluid dropped to a 6 whereas last week it was a 9, so almost at the low point, and I was told no more work for me. I worked as much as I could and I am relevied to be able to relax before baby comes now, but also a bit sad as I never got to say an official goodbye to my class (which was bound to happen anyway). I go in friday for another ultrasound and non-stress test and if fluid level is lower or still have high blood pressure I may be induced. It is exciting but also scarey! I wish he could just come on his own, and that could still happen, but I just want him to be okay and healthy. I'm freaking out-this all feels so real now....so nervous about labor eeek

Wow Almost a lot going on for you! My BP has been high lately too but no talk of induction so far. I've had monitoring twice a week though so maybe that is why. That is sad you didn't get to say goodbye to your class but at least you get to rest! I'm wondering if my doc will say that soon since my feet and legs have been swollen and they have me paying attention for the warning signs for preeclampsia. Hopefully your little one is all good and will be happy with whatever day he comes out!

Aww almost, sorry you couldn't say goodbye, but at least you can relax for a bit. Hopefully your lo will decide to come on how own, but if not you're far enough along for him to come out perfect! Hopefully your fluids will go back up in between now and your next appt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->