Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Not to long then almost, it sure is very scary to know when lo will be here, I like the fact that it could happen anytime but just dont know when so by the time it starts its all on and no time to think...
I said to my oh last night that its just dawned on me that any day now there will be a baby in our house to look after OMG I started to freak out too.

Thanks ladies-I still can't believe I am done with work and now just waiting for my miracle baby to come see me. It has been a long journey from ttc, ivf, to almost labor time...excited but nervous to see what friday will bring! Induction or waiting til monday for my next appt...hmmm

I hope you all had a less eventful day than mine-I totally did not expect to get the news I got today, that's for sure!

Two-I just saw your post after I posted, lol. YES I started to get all red and hot in the face and tear up and my dr. was so supportive which was great. The one thing that stinks is she is away Sat-Monday for labor day weekend which I did not know about until today....UGH!

That's a lot to take in in one apt Almost. It sounds like maybe your LO is ready though. Hopefully he comes on his own and you can avoid the stress of induction.

We are getting a full moon in a couple days so anything can happen! I think I may get my labor contractions in my back, though most of my BHs have been in my belly. I've been having some bad back pain but it hasn't been associated with any belly tightening. Could be just back pain, but I'll have to watch and make sure it doesn't become rhythmic.

Glad I'm not the only one a little freaked out knowing that baby could be here any day now. I can't wait to meet her but knowing that everything is going to change in an instant is a little frightening.

I've also been having back pain for the last couple days but it is all in my upper back so not labor related. I think maybe I've been sleeping weird or something. Or maybe it is from all the waddling and carrying around the extra weight of the baby.

I'm actually not freaked out about things changing. I know they will, but it doesn't bother me. I think it's just because I'm so ready all I'm thinking about is "get here". But I'm sure once he gets here and I get a taste of the change I will freak. But that's just how I am, I always freak after the fact.

I'm not freaked out about him being here, but I keep worrying about all the what ifs that can happen during labor. Since I live alone and have to wait for my sister to either get to my house, or meet me at the hospital so she can watch my son, I'm nervous about not making it to the hospital in time. If I'm in too much pain to drive myself and meet her there, then it'll take me probably an hour to get there after I call in and they tell me to come in.

I'm also worried that I won't know I'm in labor. Since the rest of the pregnancy has been so easy for me, I wonder if I'll actually get all the cramping. I just hope I notice the contractions because I don't feel like I really notice the BHs.

Then of course all the complications that can arise during active labor. I just want to get to the part where he's here and healthy.

Yes labor is what is freaking me out right now!!! I am worried about having one of my attacks where I become unconcious....I really hope that doesnt happen-I usually get an attack one to two times a year-I had one while stimming for IVF....I lose vision and hearing temporarily and hyperventilate and pass out then wake up soaked in sweat =( Trying to stay positive-but since yesterdays appt I couldnt sleep well-I am just needing my son in my arms to know that everything is okay-the amniotic fluid dropped so much since last week and the high blood pressure just makes me worry more.....thank goodness I go in again tomorrow morning!

Hope all are well and slept better than I did!

Oh wow Almost. I hope things improve for you at tomorrow's appt. So sorry that you couldn't say good bye to your class.

Christie - I am worried about labor too but try to block my negative thoughts as best as I can. It's hard to though. Yayyy for full moon - hope we have in influx of babies the holiday weekend!!

Walker - Any progression so far?

When talking of things after we have the baby. I can't wait for Sushi and my tea. I am a tea addict. I have tons of it at the house that I can't have. I am the person that can easily drop $100 at Teavana. I can't wait to have it again.

AFM, I am so exhausted - I have no clue how I am going to get through this day at work. I really need to get back to bed. I can barely keep my eyes open and feel like I am going to just fall over. Literally. It is that bad. If it wasn't so hot out, I'd take a nap in my car on lunch. I am actually contemplating a coffee which I haven't had at all.

Has anyone started reading baby books? I plan to start Baby Wise this weekend.

Snow I feel exactly like you today...exhausted. I lost 3 hours of sleep last night and it has taken its toll on me today. I did cave and got a vanilla bean trap from Starbucks...it did absolutely nothing to wake me up. I think it woke Virtue for a sec and then even he was like "going back to sleep mom". Could've also been the fact that I was leaning on my belly against my desk and didn't know it though, lol. I want to go home and go back to bed too. This heat is exhausting. Can't wait for this cold front to move through today so it can get back to a bit of normal.

I've never had that teavana, but see it in the mall all the time. Hubbs fried something they had one day and didn't like it. I like chamomile tea, but haven't had it in a while obviously.

The labor doesn't scare me too bad for some reason, which I really thought it would considering the pain associated with it, and the fact that I turn into a complete five year old when there is pain involved, lol. But we'll see what happens when the time comes and I'm actually in pain. I'll probably think someone is trying to rip me in half, lol.

snow-are you working til as long as possible? If you need a day off, take it-you need your rest. I am also exhausted....we need all the rest before labor and baby!

I lost a lot of my plug yesterday and had two gushes of clear fluid
Had another sono today and my fluid is still good so don't have to be induced. Now I am 4cm and they sent me home. I'm not contracting at all. They have no idea when I could deliver. I wish I just knew when. I had an anxiety attack at the drs and now I'm super embarrassed. Typed this quick on my phone sorry for the vent.

missa-I am so sorry you had an attack-I am sure they understand! I basically got bright red with nerves and teared up a little at the office yesterday in front of my doctor-she was very kind and understanding-It is SCAREY-but we can get through what is to come and it will be SO worth it! =) And it sounds like you are making fast progress! More than I have and I am only a week away from my EDD!!

MissA yay for progress! Try to worry though I know this can be a scary process. Everything sounds do be going well for you and baby though. I think your time is coming soon and I'm sure everything will go just fine!

Kayla that's what happened to me today it just got so overwhelming and I broke down. When do they check your fluid again? If I don't contract or lose a lot of fluid I just go for my apt next Tuesday I have a lot of low belly pressure I don't know what that means.

Because mine was so low I need to go in no more than 48 hours from last scan-so I am back in tomorrow-today is my day off from everything and I am going insane with boredom.....I am going to take a nap haha

Ok my lower back has been bothering me which I think I shared, but also my right butt cheek is getting really achy throughout the day to the point where I have to get up and walk around. Also is anyone else still experiencing the numb hands? I'm even getting them when just sitting during the day now.

Ok, so funny thing happened to me today. I came out of the bathroom with my dress stuck in my undies. And of all people a guy friend at my job pointed it out to me. Great! At least my whole ass wasn't hanging out...more just the bottom of one cheek. this has NEVER happened to me and I'm trying to be extra careful right now about that. EPIC FAIL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->