Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Rae I hope that they dont just send you home and that they are able to book you in.

Midwives must be so use to nearly there pregnant woman ring asking for advise or for pushing for them to do something to help get there lo out. I am currently wait for a midwife to call me back to see if they can try to do sweep today or tomorrow as the more I move around the more my foot hurts and I dont want to get to sometime next week in labour and not be able to walk out the pain..
No to long for us to go really

Two I can't believe your little guy is STILL hanging in there and you may have to go this route. He is so funny, lol. Hope they can help you out with that!

I'd think they'd want to induce with the GD. Hope they will make you a mommy soon!

I tried to joke with the mw today and she has no sense of humor. She asked me if I had any questions and I was like, when are we getting him out. She was all, we'll talk induction if you get to 41 weeks, otherwise it's up to him. She was dead serious and didn't even try to humor the nearly 40 week pregnant woman sitting in front of her.

Christie sometimes they can be like that, my oh was always joking about them getting our lo out to the point im sure they put a black mark in my file as they never saw the funny side.

They were to busy today but said to ring tomorrow morning to see if they can get me in and was reminded a fleet enema could work but still not that keen on that.. will just wait till he is ready and be another June baby added to my family list.. now I hope he is on a day that is free from a birthday.

Cant wait to see the rest of the babys to come.

Lol about then not having a sense of humor. Luckily the doctors I see do have one. Even the one doc I didn't really care for.

I can't wait to see whose gonna do what either.

Add another night of no sleep for me. Up every hour with a painful contraction, even though I tried to drink more before bed and then throughout the night. I'm so giving in to some kind of pain relief once I actually start labor, I can tell already. After a week of these contractions I'll just want some relief already.

I guess my goal today is to drink more than 8oz an hour, that's just a whole lotta fluid for me. I'm going to be in the bathroom peeing all day long. Probably won't get anything accomplished at work today.

I'm considering ringing up the mw office after work today and seeing if they will put me out on disability. Especially if I have another night of these contractions.

Sorry you're not sleeping hun. I'm sure that doesn't help anything at all. Hopefully tonight you'll be able to get some rest.

Christie-hope you get some good sleep asap before your baby arrives!

afm went to bed with a headache and woke up with it even worse-we can take tylenol right?? yick...I feel horrible and on top of everything about to happen with baby, I have a college course for work to open up my availability there starting may 2nd which was a unplanned last minute thing AND I may have skin cancer-getting it checked out hopefully today or tomorrow if they can get me in....

Almost I hope can get checked asap. Skin cancer runs in my family and I really should get checked more often, I just find the wait time for an appointment so discouraging. They always seem to be 6 months out. I do plan to try to find a new dr after baby is born to set up yearly apts. I have to be more diligent about getting checked now that I have 2 babies.

I went down to the cafeteria at work and got myself a bottle of OJ, a soda, and filled up my water bottle. My goal is to drink them all before I leave work. That's more than double what I would usually drink.

On my way out of the cafeteria a worker passes me and says 'smile'. I was thinking, buddy you have no idea I'm working through a contraction right now, smiling is the last thing on my mind.

Happy due date Almost!!!! Good luck with the dr - have you a mole that is changing?

Christie - sorry you've had another night of pain. I hope your labour starts properly soon so you can have your lo in your arms to make all the pain worthwhile!

Have any of you ladies heard of the Wonder Weeks for babies? A friend was telling me about them today, they're kind of like milestones but it's more about mental development, it's very interesting :thumbup: https://www.thewonderweeks.com/

Christie - Maybe it'll help to set little goals for yourself. I take two 32oz bottles of water to work with me and make it a goal to take a couple sips every 15 min or so. It breaks up my day and I easily get through both bottles before I finish work.

Almost - Hopefully the cancer check comes back all clear! Do you have any swelling in your hands and feet today? A bad headache is one of the signs they told me to watch out for with the high blood pressure because it can indicate preeclampsia (that and a pain in your ribs or dizziness/blurry vision)

Hopefully today at my appointment we will find out what the plan is for getting little one out. I'm a little nervous they'll just send me on my merry way again though because I see the nurse practitioner instead of one of the doctors. Please oh please let there be a plan so I at least know what to expect!

i had a flat mole there and now it is this huge purtruding pinkish flesh bumpy all over mole like growth i can fit but fingers on it and squeeze-very worried. I just hope it is not melenoma...yay mom mom worked her magic and got me in today after they told me they couldnt until next tuesday

oh and i looked up the preeclampsia but all i have is a headache-my BP could have raised yesterday after the mole discovery though so i am having tea then will have tylenol and call the dr. if it does not help

:hugs: Almost. That's great that your mum was able to get you in today. Fx'd it'll be nothing worrying bipartisan it's always better to get these things checked.

Christie, tell that guy to shove it. I feel like that sometimes when people say I understand and have never been in my shoes. I just want to be like, can you understand me punching you in the face?

Almost hopefully it's nothing, and hope the Tylenol helps.

Rae, let us now how things go, good luck.

AFM had to work through an interview with all this pressure and back ache, and now my belly is aching. Come on Virtue! I want the pain to stop, but I don't cause that will just be a longer wait for him to get here.

Thanks NoDoubt, that made me LOL.

Have you guys seen the video of the 2 guys who wanted to experience labor? They got hooked up to some sort of contraption that simulated contraction pains and one guy was like that has to be like a 7, and the tech was like that's more like a 4. I felt like that guy this morning should try that out then tell me to smile.

Well so far 32 oz in 4 hours and still getting contractions every 10 mins, some making my eyes water. I wish they would just get close enough for me to be considered in labor already. This feels like the longest labor ever. I just don't know what to try anymore to bring this all to a head.

I didn't see it but heard about it. I mentioned if to hubbs and he was like...no, that's ok, I'll leave that to you. Of course you will.

Unfortunately hun there just really may not be anything for you but to just deal with it. I know not what you want to hear. That's how I feel right now with this pressure and cramping and the fact that there's nothing I can do. But like you I want to capitalize on it to really get things going and just don't know what to do. This is why women have the babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->