Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Broody - she has done so well to have come home when she did and be settling in well. Now that she is home she will continue to thrive.x you will have to post a pic

Never thought that i would nake it this far but I am blessed that my lo did get to full term. I say that his little brothers have been looking over him and keeping him safe.

Broody so glad via is doing well!

I've been able to sleep through a good bit of the contractions for about 3 hours but I've finally lost my plug. So hopefully this means things are progressing quickly!

And so close to been on your due date:thumbup:
Its said only 4 to 5% have baby on the date chosen.

(TMI) I've had a bout of really soft stool and have gone twice already this morning. I'm taking that as a positive labor sign.

I know my contractions have to come more frequently for me to be admitted and progress, but some are so painful they leave me shaking and the only thing that is getting me through them right now is that I get to rest between them.

I tried to get a bit of sleep, but even after laying down the contractions were coming every 10-15 and too painful to sleep through.

I can't wait to get my walk in. It's not 6am yet, but I'm about to start sending text message to wake my family up to get them over here so we can get things moving.

Christie that's how I felt...the shaking. One actually scared me it hurt so bad. I didn't try the benedryl cause I don't have any, but have you thought about maybe that or Tylenol for the pain so you can try and rest? I know this baby is coming soon and I just want to be rested for labor. I got about 3 hours but that's it.

I'm off to bed but wanted to say good luck ladies and look forward to checking on progress in the morning.

I tried Tylenol the previous night and it did nothing, so I didn't bother last night.

My mom and sister are up, I guess we are now waiting for my sister's kids to get up, then we will all go walking.

Well just try to rest when you can hun. It started raining here so I might be on the ball for a bit.

Thanks ladies-wow so much progress made last night with you all! eeek! IDK where my mucus plug is, but I am starting to think I don't have one hahaha. I start peeing in my giant bright orange jug this am and bring it back tomorrow am....oh fun! Hopefully no preeclampsia but glad I am being monitored so closely to be safe! I bought "labor inducing cream cheese" for fun yesterday-its prob just plain old cream cheese hahaha. Oh and its JUNE(I am a late june baby!)...bring on the early june babies!!

Went for my walk. It hasn't done anything to increase the frequency of the contractions. Next up eggplant parm from the olive garden. Really just getting that because it sounds good, but eggplant parm is suppose to be a labour inducer

My contractions have been steady every 5 mins for over an hour, but I still don't want to go in. I would love it if I could just know if I've dilated enough to where they will keep me before I make that trip again. Plus although they're holding steady they don't feel as strong unless I'm standing up.

yes christie i read that too! nodoubt-eeek!!! GL if you decide to go in!

So glad things are starting to progress for you! Hopefully you'll all be holding your babies soon. I figured I'd get in my birth story while Haylee is sleeping like a champ.

Went to my weekly appointment at 10:30am Thursday. Still had high blood pressure so they sent me downstairs for more monitoring for pregnancy induced hypertension. They made the decision pretty quickly to induce me. By 1:00pm they had me admitted to the birthing room and broken my water. Contractions started immediately and then they added in pitocin which only intensified everything. I came in at 3cm and within a couple hours I was up to 6. By then, my contractions were so intense I was writhing in pain and having to pinch or scratch myself just to have another pain to concentrate on. (No idea how some ladies labor naturally. Maybe it isn't as crazy without pitocin but I couldn't manage) Going into labor I was completely against the idea of an epidural but I'm glad I got one. I hardly even felt the numbing needle and the relief was amazing. I made it up to 8cm in a couple of hours then stopped progressing. They tried everything topping off my epidural, turning me in weird positions, sitting me up. Nothing worked and after several more hours the pressure on my cervix caused it to swell back to 6cms. At that point, the doctor decided I needed a c-section. Long story short, over 15 hours of rough labor ending with us running down to the OR because her heart rate dropped, but we got our perfect little one out in the end. So in love!

Attachments

• IMG_20130531_051611_535 (1).jpg
    IMG_20130531_051611_535 (1).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 5
omgsh nodoubt-so exciting-and before your DD, lucky you!! GL!!!!

rae-adorable!!!

so jealous-I really want some sign to know if he is comming soon or not.... ;(

Wow crazy story rae. Glad to hear everything ended with a healthy mommy and baby.

Yay nodoubt, your lo is on the way. I wish mine would decide to come already.

Looks like we are in the same boat christie-both passed our due dates. DH got mad at me saying I was selfish when I told him I wish I could just get induced monday so of course I started to cry because I was a mess yesterday and just want to meet my son-he is fully developed as far as we know I really dont think it is that selfish. I am going to suck it up though and wait for induction a week passed my DD if my doctor will induce next thursday if nothing happens that is. Are you going to wait passed two weeks christie and two or ask to get a plan in place soon?

Almost I fully understand why you said about an induction..at my last appointment my DH asked about as he is as impatient as me. I am doing the sweep on Tuesday and if that does not work the specalist has made and appointment at 40+5 to make an induction date for aafter 41 weeks. I dont want towait for 42 weeks, I am worried about how big baby really is.

Rae what a gorgeous lo you have and how do you feel after a c section.

No doubt good luck and look forward to your pic

Christie I was expectiong to see you had gone in, I do hope he comes soon for you as you must be exhusted.

AFM. I woke up with my fingers a lot more swollen and the knuckles are really sore when I bend them. I had a good night sleep but did wake up at one point with the worse period pain ever on and off but has gone now, I almost expected to be bleeding when I went to the toilet as it really felt like aheavey period.
I have also noticed weight gain in my face this morning and hope that it is just part of the swelling I am getting..

Good luck ladies.x

I hope its not preeclampsia-I would call your doctor two!

This has been the longest wait ever for my monday appt so I can hear if things are getting going down there or not haha. i wish I could get a sweep but i read no sweeps if no dilation!! ughhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->