Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

No Doubt - Good luck!!

Two - I agree with Almost. Call you doc because swelling and cramping are signs of preeclampsia

I'm feeling much better today. I came off all the monitoring devices today and got to get up and shower. Most amazing shower ever! My stomach muscles are pretty sore and I'm on pain meds for my incision but it isn't too terrible. When the Motrin wears off my incision is a bit achey and it takes a while for my muscles to loosen up to adjust to standing vs sitting. Otherwise things are great now that I'm allowed out of bed.

My MW said they won't discuss induction until 41 weeks, my apt this week is Wednesday, so if I make it til then I will definitely want to try to set something up.

Still waiting. 4cm, 100% effaced, baby all the way down. She said I should be delivering soon. Gonna try to rest now. And I totally caved and got the epi, lol. Those contractions were so wicked in the early stage and coming so fast...couldn't take it.

Swelling is not as bad as the day has gone on, I think it's water retention maybe but I have and appointment in less than two days so will keep and eye on it till then.

Christie and no doubt hopen you are both doing well and you have or about to have your lo

After weeks of telling the oh to put the car seat in the car he finally did it yesterday avo and found that the seat belt is to small to go around the casual!!!! Are you serious... so we spent all the trying to find a belt extension (none for the year car we have) and in the end had to hire on till we move country.
So disappointed as we brought outs to go from car to stroller and now we can't do that grrrr.. the main thing is that our baby is safe so for now it will do.

I've been having excruciating contractions for the past few hours, but they still won't come every 5 mins. They are every 7-8 mins. I'm going to call the MW on call when they start averaging under 7 mins I think and tell them every 5-6 mins. Pain is starting in my back, wrapping to my front, and then going half way down my thighs, causing me to shake in pain. I have to remind myself to breathe through them because I tend to just want to not move at all and find myself holding my breath.

NoDoubt, at this point an epi is the first thing I'm going to be asking for, so no judgement from me. I really would love to be able to get some rest soon. It has now been a full week contractions have been waking me at night. One more night and it will be a full week since I've actually got any real sleep.

Good luck ND, so happy for you to be able to meet your LO soon.

No Doubt - Good luck! Sounds like your little man will be here soon! Definitely no judgement here on the epi either. I would have caused myself physical harm without one. Plus, in an emergency like ours turned into it makes things much easier. Curious as to how you'll react because the combination of the epidural, IV fluids, and labor had me shaking uncontrollably most of the night.

Christie - Hopefully things will progress for you and this baby will come out already. You deserve some relief!!

Two - That stinks that you can't use the carseat you wanted but you're right, baby's safety comes first. At least you figured out another option.

Starting to get a little stir crazy here at the hospital. 4 nights is a long long time! There is a chance we can get out a day earlier though since we've technically been here all of Thursday too just in labor and delivery instead.

Rae how long do they keep you in hospital after lo? Here is up to 24 to 48 hours depending how baby goes with breast feeding, I want to be out within 24hours.
I had a friend that got a epi and had the bad shakes and when they had to do and emergency c section her oh freaked out as it looked like she was going to have a fit. Must be how some people react to having it.

Christie sorry this is such a long process for you and hope that you can get something for the pain and soon.

No doubt I am hoping to only use gas but if the need to have a epi comes I will take it.. its a lot that we have to go through.. I was high off my face with pain meds when I had my twins and it helped the pain.

Here they like to keep baby for 48 hours after birth. Though some doctors/hospitals can be talked into releasing early. Mom usually stays in for 2 days following a vaginal delivery and 3 days for a c-sect.

My cousin, who had a c-sect though was released after 48 hours since she was up and walking about on her own. My sister cut it close with being released after 3. She took nearly the entire three days to just stand up.

My sister and her first baby were released after 24 hours because they really wanted to be home for xmas eve (my neice's bday is the 23rd). My niece was fine to leave, my sister had an iron deficiency that they really wanted to see resolved before she left, but she just promised to take her iron pills and they allowed her to go home.

The hospital I'm at does 2 nights for vaginal delivery and 4 for c section. But, I've been up and moving around already so there has been mention that we could ask for earlier discharge. The only thing I'm having trouble with is finding a comfortable position to sleep in since I don't like sleeping on my back.

Rae I just was able to read your story. Glad it all worked out in the end! She is so precious. I agree, I don't know how some women do it, more power to them. My mom had both of naturally and swears its no big deal. But like you said the needle wasn't bad at all and I hate needles.

Almost, not sure what time it is there. Have you had your appt yet? Hope everything goes well.

Two hope the sweep gets things going on Tuesday!

Christie, how are you doing hun? Sorry you've been dealing with this for a week now. A girl at my job told me that she never got to 5 mins and never had anything regular, just some back pain here and there. But then she went for her appt and was told she was 6cm. Hopefully when you go in they'll tell you to go to the hospital too.

AFM, only at 6 right now, but they just emptied my bladder which they think was providing a cushion for Virtue for they are hoping the dilation will pick up now. While I was here he'd had a bowel movement so there's a touch of meconium in my water. They said its not bad though as it's not dark, but will need to have a pediatric team here for the delivery. Other than that he's doing well in there and I'm able to rest off and on so I'm doing well too.

No doubt I hope he continues to do well and there is not long to go.x
By this time tomorrow you will be cuddling your lo

I got down to 5 and half mins and when I called to tell them I was having contractions every 5 mins, they said call back when they are 3-5. They won't call me to the hospital yet. And of course now I'm afraid since it's morning my contractions will stop like usual, they've already begun to lengthen the time between. The only advice she had was to keep walking.

I'm sorry Christie. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

I got to 7 and they gave me pitocin to finish me off. Will be pushing soon.

thanks for asking about my appt. nodoubt-it is actually not until tomorrow at 11 and 11:30. first an US then a prenatal follow up at the hospital since my dr. is on call. however, I am off to the hospital today as well to drop off my big jug of pee to test for protien in my urine-hope it comes back normal!!

Thinking of you no doubt!! Your going to be meeting your baby real soon!!

Christie- sorry they are making you hold out. Hope that they start coming on faster for you to get admitted soon!!

Rae - I shook like a mad woman on the epi as well. I hated it. It was horrible but st least the pain was bearable.

So my story goes a bit like this. This is a shortened version. I need up having PROM. My waters were slowly leaking. 1st leak was At noon last friday. I went to triage at midnight. I was admitted around 5am after some tests were done to see if was amniotic fluid - which it was. I was only finger tip dialated but 70% effaced. Was not have contractions. Put on pitocin. Got to 5cm. Got epi. Stalled at 5cm for 6 hours. My temp was increasing to a fever and getting an infection is a risk when you have PROM. I was told i had to have a emergency c-section at 6pm. Kellan was born at 6:20pm.

Quick note. My contractions suddenly got on top of each other and i got a nose bleed. Ive been admitted and am at 4cm

GL christie-sorry about the nosebleed!

Looks like it is just me and two now! come onnnn lo's!!!

He's here! 7lbs 12oz. Will update with more later. Ended up in cs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->