Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Did i forget his stats in my excitement? He is 19.5 inches, 8lb 7oz and has a load of dark dark hair. He is shorter than we would have thought. My whole fam is tall, im 5 8". I also have lighter auburn colored hair. His is more the color of his grandpas hair. But the amount of hair he has takes after me. I needed a haircut when i was born.

Im still trying to believe he is finally here.

I always though Virtue was long which really doesn't fit cause im 5'6 and hubbs is maybe 5'8. And he looks like me so I figure he pulled most of genes from my side of the family. He has hubbs nose and that's about it.

Congratulations Christie!! :dance: Can't wait to see a photo! Enjoy him! :flower:

Two - glad you were able to get in for the sweep. Hope it gets things moving for you!

Almost - how are you holding up? Any results from your jug of urine yet?!! Hopefully you won't have too much longer to wait! :coffee:

getting-thanks for asking! I am super excited/nervous...going in to get induced TONIGHT at 5...this way I will have my dr. with me until tomorrow morning-then she is off duty, so I really hope he comes before she has to leave! She said either tonight or wed or thursday with a dif dr. as she wanted him out no more than a week late.

At my appt: She did say I baby dropped based on my measurement so I was right when I said I dropped 2 days ago. My cervix is soft but still no dilation or effacement. Also, my US was great, but my urine test came back a tad bit abnormal but not enough to worry about preeclampsia. Also, about 5 minutes after leaving the hospital from my cervical check I got cramps and started to bleed bright pink, almost maroonish red-i wiped lots-it was like my period, and then it leaked a bit so i put some tissue as i had no pads on me! I called my nurse practioner and she said not to worry as it was normal from my check. I really hope my induction works and I can have my son safe and sound in my arms by tomorrow =). If it doesnt work I may get sent home, that would suck hahaaa

Almost that is great and hope all goes well

I lost some of my bloody show last night but have been bleeding fresh blood all night do rung delivery and I now have to go back in to make sure everything is ok.. baby was moving most the night and his normal slow morning so hopefully is a quick check and all is fine..

two-GL. i have a weird feeling we are going to be in the hospital the same time for delivering haha we will see!

Two and almost, things are happening for you now. Hope it all goes well for both of you!

Almost - good luck!! Hope all goes well tonight and your own OB gets to deliver you!

Two - I'm sure all is fine and your body is just getting ready, keep us posted!

Leo is pro at breast feeding already and has mommy wrapped around his little fingers. He knows what he wants and will fuss until he gets it and won't sleep today without a short feeding. I'm hoping that he'll sleep for longer than an hour at a time at night though. Right now he wants to nibble every hour or so.

I was just OK'd to get up out of bed, so I was able to get to my computer and get a pic for you girls.

One of the nurses thinks I probably would have had problems trying to vaginally deliver Leo. Everyone keeps mentioning how big he is.

Love the pic Christie and it's great that thinhabitants are going well.

Waring for the doctor to come back as all it well and I am 4cm at the moment, they are surprised I'm not contracting yet just some tightening here and there, they are deciding if to break my waters now as sack has slightly bulged or to let my body do it naturally over the next day or two.

Almost it maybe a case of us having our lo's at the same time.. how exciting and scary too

GL two and almost!! It would be cool if you guys babies shared a bday!!

He does have alot of hair Christie!! So cute Leo is!!

Christie - Leo is adorable! Haylee was about the same length but only 6lbs 12oz.

We got early release from the hospital today after requesting it. My staples came out and the incision is healing well. My muscles are just a bit tight throughout the day. So glad to be home though! It was a little overwhelming at first since Haylee would not let me set her down to sleep until Daddy swaddled her and she quieted down for him so I managed to get a nap in. She's an amazing breast feeder, she latched on right from the beginning. We have a 2-3 hour schedule going so hoping to get about 3 hours of sleep tonight if all goes well!

Do you ladies felling nervous before you went to hospital.
They are going to break my water soon and put me on the drip and I keep coming out in a sweat thinking about it... I'm probably just been a big baby

Water broken and contractions have started in my back, if there not regular then there going to put me on the drip to move things along.. there expecting it to be hard and fast with the cervix been so short..

Two - woohoo!!! Good luck and try not to worry - you'll get through the labour/delivery and have a beautiful baby boy in your arms when it's all over!

Christie - he is gorgeous!!!

Rae - congrats on being home with Haylee, hope you manage to get some sleep!

Gl two you can do it! I am only 1 to 2 cm...had loads of irregular contractions before the balloon was inserted for dilation then after I had them as well but only for a short time and then they stopped. I got the 1 to 2 cm and the balloon is now out. I peed after and lost lots of mucus plug it was disgusting lol. Dh looked to prepare himself for the birth hahahahaaha. 6 woman in labor and one nurse short so I can't start pitocin for a couple hours which stinks but its out of my control. Sounds like your next two then me! So exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->