Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I have the Snuza too and don't think I'd be able to sleep well without it. I know it works too because Haylee's managed to kick it off twice and the alarm woke me. The first time I couldn't figure out what was going off in my sleep deprived state but I know now. I also heard patting the bottom of their feet is a good way to wake them.

We've been travelling today and it has thrown Haylee's schedule off. She's been eating every 2 hours and wouldn't nap for more than 20 minutes. Exhausting! She's asleep now and I'm hoping to get at least a couple hours so I can function.

Yeah, the snuza would be my number one recommendation to anyone who's having a baby...

Happy travels Rae! Going anywhere nice?

Mine got broke and I am waiting for a replacement... I hate the wait but it should be here tomorrow I hope.

Gave jasper gavison mixed with formula and we both ended up having a great night sleep.
He is right next to me in his bassantt so when I wake I can look straight in a feel he is fine.

I gave Nicholas cereal before bed last night, a new flavored kind. He was uncertain about it at first, but eventually ate all of it. He slept from 7pm to 5am. That's a good nights sleep for him.

I gave Leo 3 oz of BM via a bottle with a medium flow nipple and burped him every oz. He then slept 4.5 hours. Usually with a bottle and a slow nipple he'll only take 1 oz and then pass out. I'll have to try a bottle again tonight. But then he was fussy from 2:30 am on. I think he was fussy because he had to poop, but was too tired/sleepy to wake up and do his business.

Got given infant gaviscon for his reflux. I am to give it up to 6 times a day but twice seems to make a difference and it can make him constipated so dont really want to give to much as I feel your helping one problem but creating another

Just sharing a cute after bath picture of my chunkers.

Attachments

• P1010011.jpg
    P1010011.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 6
We were just travelling out of state to visit family. It's exhausting travelling with an infant though. It got her completely off schedule schedule and I think the change in the water I was drinking was too much because she's been a poop machine. It seems to be calming back down now that we're home. She's also been waking up screaming and straining with gas pain too so we started her on gas drops today. We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I'll ask about it but if it helps her today that would be great. The only thing that calms her after she wakes with gas is to feed her and my supply just can't keep up. If she could stay asleep for longer than 20 min my breast milk could probably replenish.

Christie - So cute! I love how cute they are in a hooded towel after a bath. I always feel bad keeping Haylee in it too long though since she shivers until she's dressed again.

I remember traveling with Nick when he was younger and it always threw him off and stressed me out. Especially staying in someone else's house when he would get up several times a night. I knew he was waking others up in the house, so I would stress trying to get him to quiet as soon as possible. He also had trouble sleeping in a strange place, so I never got any sleep and he was cranky. Even just going over to someone's house for dinner screws with his schedule if we are not home by 7 (which is his bed time). He is a little better now, but traveling or doing anything out of their schedule for the first 6 months is hard on the little ones.

I had planned on going up to NY this Summer, since my grandma stays with my parents during the end of Summer/beginning of Fall, so my grandma could meet my boys, but after my parents traveled with Nick to and from NY they decided to have grandma fly into (or out of Maryland [where we are]) so I don't have to travel with the babies. Then my dad will either come get her or drive her down here. Much easier on me. Driving 7 hours by myself with two babies, I don't see how that would work.

I hope Haylee can find her schedule again soon for you. I didn't keep Leo in his towel long. I just saw a photo opt and had to take the pic, then I got him dressed and snuggled.

How much of the time do you all keep your little swaddled? I usually only fully swaddle him at night, or if he gets really fussy during the day. Otherwise I keep his arms free, but still wrap his legs and chest.

The best schedule we have it stop screaming about 11pm after starting just after lunch. I just cant get a routine when he is like this.

Rae I am the same with tge gas and milk supply, jasper gets so fussy at the breast as he just cant get enough as he is constanly sucking so I give him a bottle before bed and get crys for a while longer then sleeps 4 hours.
Midwife said that they will suck more with a upset tummy to help it feel better but all it does is make it better for a few min then when it fulls them up it eratates it more... kind of a lose lose situation.

Hey girls! We had our five week appointment today. She's gained 21oz in the last 20 days so she's 9lb 5oz now. I told him how I have to hold her pretty much all day long or put her in the Moby and how she fusses and I can't set her down and he said she's totally healthy and eating enough and there's nothing to fix. I told my mom about it and she said I was the same way until I was six months old. So I'm happy she is happy (sort of) and healthy even though it's tough at times. Here's a picture if her "happy face" lol

I hope everyone else is enjoying their little bundles :)

Ps being a mom is definitely harder than I thought, but worth every moment!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2
I decided to talk to a pharmacist about Jasper and they said when I top him up with formula to use goats milk and to cut out all dairy and eat acid alcoline foods, it will make a world of difference. The funny thing is my mum had to do the same with me as I was a really sick baby and kept getting gastro.. its the break down of dairy that causes this type of wind and reflux sometimes. My mum fully went of breast feeding and only gave me goats milk and I was a very heathy child. They thought it was her milk I was having a reaction to back then but was most likley the dairy.

MissA I love that photo! Isn't is funny how in just a month they have so many expressions.

Two, hopefully this will help and he can he a happier baby rather than uncomfortable all the time.

My mom came to visit and even she said Virtue needs some cereal. Then I talked to grandma and she said the same thing. She said my brother was a greedy boy like that and that she went to the doctor and he told her he's hungry and to feed him (with cereal). Virtue is at 5oz a feeding and honestly its probably more sometimes cause I don't know how much he gets out of me before taking a bottle. And I had my pp check up on Monday and she said the only reason I wouldn't be producing enough is because of my thyroid so she's having it checked again. She said it may have been in tune when I was preggo, but obviously with having a baby my hormones are freaking out and they are probably out of wack. Hopefully if they are a slight change with my meds will help bring my milk up. Otherwise Virtue is good bye has a little pimply rash on his cheeks which my mom said is a normal newborn rash. Its already clearing up though.

Christie - we never swaddle... I think it fell out of favour a bit here since many people were doing it wrong and it was leading to hip problems https://www.rcm.org.uk/midwives/news/tight-swaddling-causes-hip-problems/
The nurses never advised us to swaddle so we didn't bother (and they never swaddled Fia while she was in the NEO either). Great picture of Leo!

NoDoubt - does Virtue have a drs check-up any time soon? Maybe you could ask him/her about Virtues appetite. I still think he sounds much too young for cereal. I'm sure the guidelines have changed since it was advised for your brother... How about switching him to a specific formula for hungry babies? https://www.smanutrition.co.uk/sma-...-hungry-infant-milk/product-616.aspx?catid=19 Fia has that rash too - hers is on her chin.

MissA - adore that photo!!! I'd be lost without my wrap!

Rae - poor Haylee! I hope the dr has some suggestions for you.

Two - fx'd the goats milk helps Jasper. I tried cutting dairy out of my diet to see if that would help Fia's reflux but it didn't make a huge difference. Cutting out dairy is so hard!!!! I didn't realise how much of it I eat until I had to stop!

Afm, I had a bit of a spicy meal last weekend (chicken satay) and Fia didn't approve... At first she just had a bit of a runny tummy but now it's turned into proper diarrhea :-( She's in great form tg and drinking loads so not dehydrated but I feel so bad for her. My mums a retired dr and has been keeping a close eye on her but she's not getting any better so it might be time to send a sample into the lab... Because she's retired she can't do that or write prescriptions etc anymore so will have to pay to see a "proper" dr now - boo!!

He doesn't have an appt til Aug 6th, but I will have to check out those formulas and talk to the doc about them if need be. I will say today he seems to have slowed a bit with the eating so it's possible he was just going through a growth spurt again. Either that or I'm making more milk and he's getting more from me.

I said to the doc today that removing dairy was near impossible so I am taking out the big stuff, Choc. Ice cream and using soy for any thing that needs milk but most things are made with some type of dairy.

Do you have to pay for doc? It's free to the age of 6 here. Hope Fia is feeling better

Broody, the nurses/hospital always keep the babies swaddled when they are still in the hospital. Or at least they did with both my boys. I can never get blankets to stay snug, so I just use swaddle sacks.

So far, Leo is turning out to be more difficult than Nicholas was. I don't remember Nicholas being such a light sleeper. Though now Nicholas is just about as fussy as Leo. I can't decide whether it's his jealousy or his teething. He has his two top teeth coming in.

But they are getting on a schedule and I was able to take them for a 45 min walk and to the mall yesterday without any fits. If anyone needs any clothes, The Childrens Place is having a good deal. I was able to pick up 6 shirts, 3 shorts, and 3 jammies for Nicholas for $46 yesterday. I know a lot of you got a bunch of clothes as gifts, but if your LO has outgrown all the newborn stuff already, they have some good deals. Leo is already fitting 3 month onsies tight.

They kept Virtue swaddled too, but he's been busting out of them since he was about a week. He's such a strong baby, even my mom said so when she would change him or get him dressed. So we just throw a blanket over him and snug it in at the sides. I think it's cause he likes his arms free.

Haylee likes her arms free too so I just attach the swaddle me blanket around her waist at night. The gas drops seem to be helping with the gas screaming. We still get it every once in a while but burping her again of laying her on her tummy to work it out seems to help. She's also moved into the stage where she likes to be awake more and check everything out. She refused to nap at all yesterday when we took her to my mom's house. She did give me two 3 hour chunks of sleep last night though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->