Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I thought I was the only one that disliked the progesterone.. I asked how much longer I'd need it and the nurse said it depended on my beta levels. When this all started I hadn't even thought a/b the fact that I would possibly have to continue taking it.

My doctor said that at 8 weeks your placenta produces progestron - or something like that - and that's when you can stop taking it and I said oh - I will have an extra box and he was like - Oh that's fine you can take it to 9 weeks I was like oh man.

Maybe I will do the dvd tomorrow ;)

I got to stop taking mine at five weeks and boy was a happy about that. As for exercise, I have been trying to get back into it but with my ms, need a toilet every five min to pee and total lack of energy I am finding it hard but have decided Monday is my new week to get my ass moving or I will end up been so huge.

My doctor has me weening off the progesterone. Tomorrow I get to go from 2/day to just 1 insert a day and then on Nov. 2nd I'll be done. Same with the estrogen.

The FAQ sheet the clinic gave me at my 6 week scan said that if you regularly exercised before then you can continue at 1/3 intensity, if not do not start anything new until you talk with your regular OBGYN. I was training for a marathon running 8-15 miles at about 8min pace before stimming. A few weeks ago I started running again but only about 3 miles at a 9:30/10min pace, then I'll walk for an hour. This pace and distance for me barely works up a sweat so I'm pretty sure I'm good. I also use a treadmill so it's less of an impact than running on pavement.

Welcome Rachoo!

I too am in the "I hate Progesterone" club. I do 2 pills vaginally everyday. RE said I could stop if I wanted after seeing the HB but also said I could continue if I wanted. I am the type of person to err on the side of caution and will be taking them til I am out of 1st tri... I kinda nervous to stop to tell you girls the truth!

And I am also in the "hubby ain't getting any" club. Been a bit of a dry spell over here. Again, somewhat scared to BD. We BD'd right after my BFP and when I had the big O - after I had major cramps for a minute or so and it scared me half to death... So TMI hubby's been getting BJ's instead. hah.

I def plan on doing prenatal yoga soon. I miss my yoga that I did before PG.

Is anyone doing progesterone (and estradiol) suppositories and injections? My RE has me doing both, but I don't know why (my BnB and IRL friend who went to him said he had her do the same thing, so it's not just me). I think the suppositories are gross, but I'll be more thrilled to stop the shots (which apparently my RE has us stop those a few weeks before the suppositories). I'm tired of my bum being sore and bruised and getting the occasional icky injection where blood gets in it and we have to start over - that happened last night.

I'm also doing Lovenox injections on the sides of my stomach and those are really painful so that's what I'm the most excited about stopping.

Is anyone doing progesterone (and estradiol) suppositories and injections? My RE has me doing both, but I don't know why (my BnB and IRL friend who went to him said he had her do the same thing, so it's not just me). I think the suppositories are gross, but I'll be more thrilled to stop the shots (which apparently my RE has us stop those a few weeks before the suppositories). I'm tired of my bum being sore and bruised and getting the occasional icky injection where blood gets in it and we have to start over - that happened last night.

I'm also doing Lovenox injections on the sides of my stomach and those are really painful so that's what I'm the most excited about stopping.

I started on the shots, but then after my 2nd beta I was told to reduce the suppositories from 3x a day to 2x. I told them I wasn't doing the suppositories that I was on PIO. I then asked if I could switch to the suppositories since I had run out of the PIO and had 3 boxes of suppositories. Doctor said that was fine. So not sure why you are doing both.

Welcome Rachoo!

I too am in the "I hate Progesterone" club. I do 2 pills vaginally everyday. RE said I could stop if I wanted after seeing the HB but also said I could continue if I wanted. I am the type of person to err on the side of caution and will be taking them til I am out of 1st tri... I kinda nervous to stop to tell you girls the truth!

And I am also in the "hubby ain't getting any" club. Been a bit of a dry spell over here. Again, somewhat scared to BD. We BD'd right after my BFP and when I had the big O - after I had major cramps for a minute or so and it scared me half to death... So TMI hubby's been getting BJ's instead. hah.

I def plan on doing prenatal yoga soon. I miss my yoga that I did before PG.

My doctor has me weening off the progesterone. Tomorrow I get to go from 2/day to just 1 insert a day and then on Nov. 2nd I'll be done. Same with the estrogen.

The FAQ sheet the clinic gave me at my 6 week scan said that if you regularly exercised before then you can continue at 1/3 intensity, if not do not start anything new until you talk with your regular OBGYN. I was training for a marathon running 8-15 miles at about 8min pace before stimming. A few weeks ago I started running again but only about 3 miles at a 9:30/10min pace, then I'll walk for an hour. This pace and distance for me barely works up a sweat so I'm pretty sure I'm good. I also use a treadmill so it's less of an impact than running on pavement.

I got to stop taking mine at five weeks and boy was a happy about that. As for exercise, I have been trying to get back into it but with my ms, need a toilet every five min to pee and total lack of energy I am finding it hard but have decided Monday is my new week to get my ass moving or I will end up been so huge.

My doctor said that at 8 weeks your placenta produces progestron - or something like that - and that's when you can stop taking it and I said oh - I will have an extra box and he was like - Oh that's fine you can take it to 9 weeks I was like oh man.

Maybe I will do the dvd tomorrow ;)

Snowflake - you had me :rofl: at the bj comment. We're both living in the same world. :haha:

Signora - I hope you get to stop some of those shots soon. That does not sound fun :nope:

Christie - Wow! You put my zumba to shame :haha:. I ended up calling the clinic nurse to ask and she did say they recommend I wait until after my first u/s. When I called they were probably think OMG high maintenance pregnant lady - already :dohh:

Two - No worries. I'm sure you'll get back into the groove of things as soon as your body allows you to. I'm just trying to do what I can while I feel up to it.

MissAnna - I bet you were kicking yourself a/b after telling your dr a/b the extra box :dohh: :winkwink:

Hi ladies I am exhausted and slammed with writing up the kiddos portfolios for work, but I just wanted to pop in and say hello-hope all are well. Sorry for no personals but wow, GORGEOUS 8 week scan I saw on here tonight, and I also bought a prenatal yoga dvd although only tried it once, gotta stop being so lazy and eating so much!!! Anywho, hopefully will get to personals in the next couple days-rest up my bump buddies!!!

Signora - meant to say last night that your dinner with the Israeli couscous etc sounds fab - will you send me some for my lunch?!:haha: Hope you get to stop all those injections soon!

Almost - student profiles, yuk! I feel your pain!!

Afm, went to acu yesterday and told the acupuncturist I wanted to take a break for a while - felt like I was breaking up with him!!:rofl: Just think I need to be saving my money now and also, even though its not that far away (in one of the nearby towns, about 20 mins...) it's beginning to feel like a trek I could do without! He asked me to come in once more before the end of first tri for a boost so I'm going back in 3 weeks and then he said he really recommends starting again in the few weeks before the birth which I'll probably do, must look into the benefits!

Heading to my friends wedding this afternoon :wedding: Hope I manage to stay awake for the evening :sleep: and that I'm able to eat the dinner! :sick: Wish me luck!!!

Hey girls! Very quiet in here this weekend - hope everyone is well!!! Ended up staying really late at the wedding (didn't get home til half 3...) - was paying for it all day yesterday, shattered doesnt even begin to describe it!!!:sleep::sleep::sleep:

All is well over here!! I hope the staying out late was well worth it!!

I would be dead on my feet by 3am, it would have been a long day.

Well this pregnancy has taken everything and more out of me, I have saver ingestion that feels like a thousand knifes stabbing me in the tummy and with the really bad nausea is making throw up. I can't go two hours with out eating or I start to dry reach (so I'm really putt the weight on) and I am limited with what I can keep down but I did find some fresh vegetables only last night very tasty but ruined it by having desert causing me to be sick... bring on second tri

twordue-I am the same way-always having to eat, ahh!!! will weigh in tomorrow to see if i officially put on my 4th pound yet!

Same here, but the past few days it seems that the eating isn't even helping anymore. I guess that's a blessing a bd curse...no more unnecessary eating and extra lbs, but I'm still getting nausea all day. I agree, bring on second tri...almost there.

Hi Ladies!!!!!!! How is everyone today?? Hope everyone has a wonderful week <3

Hello everyone! Had my 8 week 3 day scan today (though baby is measuring 8w5d or 8w6d depending on if you measure the gestational sac or baby). Much to my relief baby is doing great. Still no ms over here, sorry to hear about all you girls who are fighting with it.

Baby looks like a gummy bear now (will post pics when I get home). Heartbeat is a strong 175bpm and I got the see the lil one wiggle! I've now officially graduated to a reg OBGYN, which I see next week for my first appointment.

I'm trying to figure out how to make it to the first scan on 11/14 w/o driving myself nuts :wacko:! Any suggestions? It's so strange going from having appointments like twice/wk with constant feedback to going almost 1 month w/ none....

Sorry T, can't help ya out. I'm going bunkers myself waiting for my first scan next week, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->