Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Morning ladies. Hope everyone is well.

In doing good, trying to keep my witts waiting on my scan tomorrow. Took some time off to relax so no work for me today either.

Two, let us know what they say. Sending good vibes your way.

Hi ladies! Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Miss A - Hope you are not near Sandy! Stay safe!

Jess - Welcome! I too have better luck finding baby in the AM than in the PM when I've been eating all day!

Two - Thinking of you and your scan today!

No Doubt - I have an appt tomorrow too. I am going to try to get them to do an U/S. I'm not booked for one but hoping for the best! Good luck tomorrow at yours! I bet you won't sleep tonight!

t84 - Yeah for sweet pea!

Not much going on with me. I'm a bit concerned as I haven't gained any weight and my belly is still pretty darn flat. It hasn't grown barely at all. I was a bit bloated that seemed to have gone away. Bizarre. Sometimes I feel bloated at night. I have heard baby on the doppler both Sat & Sun but I'm a bit worried that baby is not developing and growing properly. I'm short at only 5'1" and just a tick above 100 pds so I figured I'd gain right away - but I have a long torso so maybe baby is hiding back there. I don't know. All my pants still fit and everything. I have an appt tomorrow to do the genetic forms & bloods. I'm going to try to convince Dr. to give me an U/S to ease some of my worries. If I don't do it now, I know I will have one at 12 weeks for the NT testing that I def want done.

Good luck with the scans ladies!

Snow, I haven't gained ANY weight at all and I'm a little bit further ahead of you. My doctor said it's normal, I'll catch up in the second trimester :haha: I've actually lost almost a stone due to MS though and having no appetite. It is still early days and I really wouldn't worry about your weight. You might have gained some, but it's just not noticeable! Although I seem to have a bump which is strange, little but it's there! My uterus has already started to rise up :happydance:

AFM, I'm... raging! :growlmad:Few days ago, I was in hospital to get an IV because they found ketones in my urine, anyway, we bumped into a friend there, she gave birth not long ago and she had some complications so was at the hospital, anyway, she seen us in the maternity ward, she also seen me throwing up :dohh: She walked past us and never even said a word :nope: I just got up not long ago, I log into facebook and she posted on my bloody wall 'You're pregnant, aren't you? Congrats!' She knew I mc'd before and we were gonna try again. I'm pissed because first of all, she's assuming things, secondly, everyone on my facebook now thinks I am pregnant. We weren't going to announce this pregnancy to friends until we know what we're having :( I deleted the comment but before I did, I already had 6 inbox messages from people saying 'Congratulations!!' I barely have anyone on facebook, I only have people that I know and usually see on there anyway but still. Couldn't she just ask me in person, call me, text me, message me on facebook instead of blasting it all over? :(

& also, I'm annoyed because I couldn't find the HB on doppler again, I caught it for a second or two but baby was just too active. I looked around for half an hour and couldn't find it. Argh. I'll keep checking every so often and I might catch it. I could hear baba moving around though. Those dopplers are annoying!

So exciting about more scans coming up ladies-enjoy them!!!

As for weight gain, I think I have gained 5 pounds, at least since finding out I wasa pregnant. That is the first tri average-but I still have weeks to go until 2nd tri! LOL I have been trying to eat less as I think I was pigging out since finding out I was pregnant-and I have truly been so much more hungry, but I am just listening to my body and eating if I need to! I do not have much notice to my weight gain as I started at 102 so very tiny-my weight used to flucuate when on bcps to 102-108 so I have been at this familiar weight as well. Can't wait for a bump...it would be nice to have a tiny one by 12 weeks I would think! =)

Are any of you ladies planning out on finding out the sex? Or are some of you staying team yellow? :D

I am finding out the sex for sure!!! I plan on being team yellow for my 3rd =) LOL That is if I already had one boy and one girl. I get concerned on making sure I have everything I need for baby-especially being a first time mom!

We planned on staying team yellow but, after dragging ourselves in BabiesRUs few days ago, not many things that we liked were neutral. OH was in love with baby girls clothes and I was in love with boys clothes :haha: So we decided that we want to find out and be prepared well as this is our first too!

I can't wait till my 12 week scan too! I can't wait to start shopping :haha: (I HATE shopping, I blame the baby brain!) We agreed to start getting little bits and bobs after 12 week scan and even more so after 20 week scan :)

I agree-there is hardly any gender neutral-dh and I celebrated our bfp by purchasing a set of white onesies-carters. But that was all we could bring ourselves to purchase. Everything is so gendered its not even funny!!! I also want make more baby purchases-but I feel as though I would waste money buying both boy and girl outfits. DH and I are traveling to his home country-but will not know the sex-so we are buying one of each as we only go there every 2 years. We plan on buying a soccer jersey so that is gender neutral anyways-but then one boy and one girl outfit =)

I know what you mean. Clothes, moses baskets, bedding, all in neutral just doesn't seem appealing to me. There's only one neutral range that I actually quite like and that's 'I love my bear & friends collection' from Babies R Us but I wouldn't want everything based on that. Of course, we will be buying some neutral stuff, some white vests etc as I know babies can get messy and having a few white ones spare would be good plus they're very cheap.

We used to start buying stuff for the baby as soon as we found out with previous BFPs, I always felt so positive that everything was going to be fine and when we got this one, I was surprised as we only bd'd ONCE and it was 4 days before ovulation, I never thought we'd catch it. We were also skeptic so we didn't buy anything and after we hit the 10 week mark, we decided to buy bits and bobs from 12 weeks on as it seems like this baba is sticking :cloud9:

All the old clothes that I bought for our previous babies, were all neutral, mostly animal and bear stuff but I got rid of it all. It was sort of a bad reminder :cry: Few years back I was told I wouldn't be able to have children, then getting pregnant gave us hope but then miscarriages took all the innocence away and we really thought that would be it for us.

What are you planning on buying first? I'm thinking some neutral outfits, maybe some muslin squares and few other necessary bits then after our gender scan, we want to buy an outfit the baby will come home in from the hospital! :happydance: and obviously all the bigger and more expensive things, like cot/crib, pram etc!

Update too! I found babys heartbeat, I was getting fed up, had a drink of my raspberry juice and found the babys heartbeat as soon as I put the doppler on! :dohh:

Jess, I would be so freaking pissed. She could have at least IMed you on FB or something so no one else knew. I completely understand. We aren't telling people until 2nd tri and one of the hubbys friends let it slip to another one of their friends who I'm really not too keen on. Are you going to say something to her?

I'm actually not finding out. Hubbs is though. I just told him he can't tell anyone who will let it slip to me. A good bit of the family wants to know, well the few family members that do know want to know the sex.

I'm at the clinic getting my dogs vaccines and the lady is a biznatch, so I'm none to pleased right now. I hate when people like that tend to my animals cause I don't know what is going on. May not be coming back here again which sucks cause we like it here.

Jess, I would be so freaking pissed. She could have at least IMed you on FB or something so no one else knew. I completely understand. We aren't telling people until 2nd tri and one of the hubbys friends let it slip to another one of their friends who I'm really not too keen on. Are you going to say something to her?

I'm gonna wait till OH gets home, I spoke to him on the phone about two minutes ago and he's pissed too. Especially since she tagged him in the post and his mother seen it on his facebook! We were gonna tell her in two weeks time when she comes to visit! We bought her a baby grow that says 'I love grandma!' Now it's all gone to sh*t. We're actually gonna see them tomorrow night, her and her husband so will probably have a word to her then, I don't like sorting things like that over facebook/phone. We're thinking of just posting it on facebook ourselves after the next scan as I don't want more people finding out through someone I know, I wanted to tell them myself :( :growlmad:

No Doubt said:
I'm actually not finding out. Hubbs is though. I just told him he can't tell anyone who will let it slip to me. A good bit of the family wants to know, well the few family members that do know want to know the sex.

We're gonna find out but more than likely keep it to ourselves and surprise people when the baby arrives. We were gonna annouce the pregnancy by telling family and friends what we're having but now, that's sort of not an option anymore! :growlmad:

No Doubt said:
I'm at the clinic getting my dogs vaccines and the lady is a biznatch, so I'm none to pleased right now. I hate when people like that tend to my animals cause I don't know what is going on. May not be coming back here again which sucks cause we like it here.

I hate going to the vets for that exact reason too, I've actually changed my vet three times since we moved to Lincoln. I couldn't find one that I actually liked.

OMG Jess, I'm just so pissed for you right now! She totally did just put a damper on your surprises. I hate people like that, who think it's their place to tell other's business. This guy at my job is like that and there is another girl there who's maybe 7 weeks ahead of me. When she hit the 12 week mark he told me and the girl that sits next to him that she's preggo, but even though she was going into 2nd tri she still wasn't telling people as she hadn't even heard the heartbeat yet, let alone seen an ultrasound. She's now at least heard the heart beat and telling people, but had it not been for me congratulating her and then her telling me she really wasn't telling people, and then me telling him to shut his freaking mouth and mentioning not to say anything to the other girl, that would have just spread like wild fire. Even if she was telling people, it's her business to tell! Your friend would be on my list.

I'm rather unhappy with how it turned out. I'm really just pissed that OH's mother found out through facebook. We wanted to tell her and had it all planned out. I really wanted to keep it quiet until our 18-20 week scan but now, I might as well announce it, most people already know. I wish people could keep their mouth shut too, it'd make things so much easier! I feel so sorry for the girl at your work, she must have got well annoyed!

I messaged her on facebook and asked if I could come round to hers a bit earlier tomorrow as I wanted to have a word (about this whole thing) and she basically said 'Why are you angry? People were gonna find out anyway. At least you might carry it to full term this time' I replied 'What the heck?' and she simply said 'It's not like you could carry a kid to full term before, so what are you fussing about' First of all, WTF is she talking about?! I've had mc's before and she only knew about one of them by pure accident as we worked together at that point and my boss couldn't keep his mouth shut and since she was my 'friend' he just told her, assuming she'd know. I burst into tears. I am well aware that I couldn't carry previous pregnancies to full term because of my blood, I wish I got it checked out earlier and avoided all the sh*t that happened, but I only asked her if its okay if we can have a chat about this because it upset me and OH and she basically came out with the rest out of nowhere.

Oh wow Jess, this girl doesn't sound like much of a friend :nope: I am so upset for you that she took the thrill of telling people away from ye, especially your OHs mum when ye had such a nice way of telling her planned... And then to follow it up with those other comments!! How dare she! Who does she think she is?! :growlmad: Hope you're ok :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

On the team yellow subject, I don't think we'll be finding out. I don't mind either way but dh really wants it to be a surprise... Although, from the point of view of shopping I agree it would definitely be easier if we found out!

I'm okay, I'm just annoyed. I was excited about telling people and now it's not longer an option since most people know :(

OMG Jess, what a bitch! I agree, that girl is not your friend! People should really watch what they say cause you never know what someone is going through or has been through. Sure people would find out, but not until much later. And hello, everyone's on FB these days, how does she know that you had already told people, like your parents...oh, that's right she doesn't! Freaking witch! Uh, I know you are fuming. I would just show up on her doorstep and cuss her out...not even give her a chance to get a word in and walk off. Karma, that's all I have to say. It will all come back on her.

On the team yellow subject, I really want it to be a surprise, but hubbs just can't wait. I said if there's more than one I will find out to save money on the cost of things, but if just one I may let them surprise me at the shower with the theme. But otherwise, I'll find out when Thumper gets here.

Jess, I'd be so annoyed about the Facebook post but especially about that comment. I am sorry she was so insensitive!

Two, thinking about you! Hope everything is okay!

We plan on finding out. We will be happy with either a girl or boy as long as it is a healthy baby, but we are hoping for a girl. There are no females who were born into DH's family (FIL is one of two boys, DH is one of two boys and BIL and SIL just had their second boy and aren't having any more). So unless we have a second naturally, we may have an only child so it would be nice to have the first girl. But boys are fun too, so whatever we have will bring us lots of joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->