Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Broody - Annabelle will be 4 in Dec and Bear just turned one this past May - so he is still plenty of trouble! Did you spot at all after stopping the progestrone? I heard it is common so I am kindof nervous to stop.

Snowflake - I agree - that smile! lol You should enter that pic in a dog photo contest!

t84 - no I must have missed that one! That show is good isn't it! We just started watching it this year too and watched it pretty much non stop until the new season came out. I watched last season of American Horror Story. I thought it was really good! Only the first couple episodes were really scary then it got sort of cheesy - but was a good show. Now I need another one! lol

I think I might start baking....You guys are nuts with your extra piece of toast - I'm am going to eat many cookies! :happydance:

They had me stop my progesterone the day of my 2nd beta. I was nervous as well, but didn't have any spotting afterwards.

MissAnna mail me some of whatever you're baking.. lol

Aww. You guys all have such little cuties. My hubbs would never hear of us taking our pups on honeymoon, lol.

Afm, they don't even do u/s in my docs office so after I just completely broke down thanks to my anxiety she wrote me a prescription for one which I'll be having this Thursday. So a couple days after I expected, but hey at least I will get to see and hear Thumper and settle my nerves once and for all.

MissAnnabelle, I could do with some cookies! :lol: You can also mail me some :haha:

No Doubt, at least you'll get to see LO! :D what time is it at?

Afm, i'm bored out of my mind at home, feel so sick, bleh. I can't even drink anything without throwing up! I'm not impressed... I had raspberry juice and I didn't make it to the toilet and we have cream carpets.. that was hard to clean out! :dohh: Definitely going to the doctors tomorrow morning, I can't hack this anymore. Hopefully they'll prescribe me something that actually works :/ They've tried me on 4 different anti sickness meds and nothing is working :dohh:

*Please don't get offended by this if you smoke*

My OH has really got on my bloody nerves. :brat: When we started TTC, we both quit smoking, for the sake of our health and of course the baby, and since I had a miscarriage before we even started TTC, I wanted to take our best shot at this. Anyway, we did both quit and all was good.

Now, I was sorting out our budget few weeks back and I noticed that we've been saving a lot less than usual for the past few months, I noticed OH was taking money out at work but never really bothered, thought it was food and snack money and I didn't really care.

Now, for the past few weeks I've been noticing that lingering smell of smoke, I have to say, since I stopped smoking, I simply can't stand it and now that I'm pregnant, my sense of smell has increased by about a million and it really bothered me. I asked OH if he smoked, a few times, he always denied it about 20 times and then just said 'I had a cigarette off a friend'. I was really more pissed about him lying to me more than the smoking itself but we just left it as there was no point in arguing something silly.

Now, long story short, I know he's been smoking for the past two months and lying to me about it. I was looking for my work keys few days ago (I have my house keys and work keys all put together in a huge bundle) because work asked me to bring it back so my replacement while I'm ill, can actually get into the nursery. I found a pack of some cigarettes, confronted him, as usual he lied, I got pissed, had an argument and left it.

BUT today, I've had a proper look at our bank statements and wow, I've never been so pissed. I've actually calculated that he's been spending well over 100 pounds at work, per month. I asked him straight up, what the hell has he managed to spend so much money on in the past 2 months even though he takes packed lunches to work. 'Fags'. :dohh:

I mean ffs, I don't care that he smokes, even though the smell annoys me... very much. I told him to smoke outside and stay the hell away from me when he stinks of it, but I'm really annoyed that he lied to me several times about it and that since August he's managed to spend almost 500 pounds on them and other crap. Since he's also so bloody generous, he gives them out to everyone and he smokes one of the most expensive cigarettes out there too, it's almost 10 pounds per packet of 20.

Am I over reacting here? I told him to go shower before he even comes close to me! He absolutely stinks today! :nope:

I really don't mind people smoking, not even him, but the smell of it really bothers me since I quit and especially since I got pregnant :hissy:

Sorry you feel so poo jess. Hope they can give you something that works.

My appt is at 2:30. Sucks that it's afternoon, but the next available was Friday so I took Thursday. I really like this place too. I've had to go for transvaginal u/s here for check UPS after clomid and they are always so nice.

Oh goodness jess I really hope new meds work for you sounds just miserable!

Can I third on the cookies? Yum!

I also worry about not seeing baby until 20 week mark although am still looking forward to hearing babys hb on doppler nov 20th is the day at 4:30! Yipee! 2 days before we announce to my parents and sister on thanksgiving so excited the end of this week will be novemeber woohoo! Anyone else announcing on thanksgiving? Ide love to hear ideas! I'm thinking a card with a trukey on it with an us inside saying happy tg grandma/grandpa....comming this may!

No doubt, good luck on the scan! :D

Almost there, have you had no scans at all yet and none until 20 weeks?

I don't think you're overreacting at all! You have every right to be upset - I think your biggest problem w/ him is that he lied once confronted a/b it. I tell my hubby all the time it's easier for us to forgive when our spouses are upfront a/b something instead of caught. Sorry a/b the m/s too. Hopefully the script will work it's magic.

Hm sorry about the smoking issue jess I think you have a right to be upset about him doing all this behind your back...not sure about pounds as I am in dollars but 500sounds like a lot!

I don't think you are overreacting cause I hate lies too, but I'm sure he thinks you are. Me and my hubbs are the same way. He feels I will get pissed if he tells me the truth so he lies and that really gets to me. I will say he's busted and at this point what good is arguing going to do? He smokes, you don't care, he pissed you off, you yelled at him. I don't really see anything else coming from it. But you could just stop being mad and let him think you're still mad and make him feel bad that way, lol. Don't do that, that just my bitchy side coming out. But I understand.

This thread is moving so fast! Lol jess I had one 7 week scan then a 8 week prenatal apt with my obgyn but they did not want to do another scan since I just had one. No scans now until 20 weeks I'm shocked how long they make u wait that will be my gender scan!!! And its not until next year booo :( lol I am so ready for the new year now :) I think I go in jan 9th I may take the day off to celebrate babys health gender and go shopping! Hehe

Jess - on my Llast pregnancy I was told I would only be having a c section in my first tri. and Evey other part of my birth plan, I think they just like it all out early.

Loving the cute dog pics, the OH and I want to get on but I'm sure our three cats would not approve

Almost - thanks: ) I'm thinking it will resolve it's self but just another thing to worriy about till then lol. If it has gone by 12 weeks unfortunately I'm still classed high risk due to how my last pregnancy ended.
I also have two slices of toast and most mornings one with a scrambled egg and one with tomatoes, good for protein and keeps you Fuller for longer. Remember that little one needs more.

T84 - I say be lazy lol I no I have been.

I think this weekend I will weight myself, I was 54kg on my first midwife app and I no I have put on lots of weight, and with the hospital saying take it easy and no activities I hope that don't include walking.

It just annoyed me, and the fact that he spent so much money on it... argh.

Our monthly rent is only 490 a month!

& the money we're saving is supposed to go towards the baby, not his smoking habits :(

Two, ah.. well, I'm *hoping* for a water birth, drug free, but we'll see how that goes as I'm a wuss when it comes to pain :haha:

Almost there, ah. It'll go fast, i'm sure! It's only the first few weeks that seem to drag then it's BOOM and baby's here! I'm booking a private scan at 16 weeks so we can find out the gender, I was supposed to book it for my OH's birthday in December.

Jess I hope your pregnancy will go smoothly! Hugs! And not sure ur 3 cats would like a dog in the mix either! Lol I have one munchkin mac tabby princess and she would be livid I think! Although she plays with my moms tiny yorky boy! She gets stressed easy though! And toast with cheese and tomato sounds so good right now! I had a whole wheat sandwitch last night when we lost power with swiss cheese mustard and tomatoes it was sooooo good yum! I'm dying for dinner already as I ate an early lunch had no choice felt like my ms was kicking in for the afternoon lol. I am going to snack on a bannana and make a grilled ham and cheese soon yay! Hahaha I. Also plan on weighing in...Thursday for 10 weeks been too afraid to lately hehe

Jess - on my Llast pregnancy I was told I would only be having a c section in my first tri. and Evey other part of my birth plan, I think they just like it all out early.

Loving the cute dog pics, the OH and I want to get on but I'm sure our three cats would not approve

Almost - thanks: ) I'm thinking it will resolve it's self but just another thing to worriy about till then lol. If it has gone by 12 weeks unfortunately I'm still classed high risk due to how my last pregnancy ended.
I also have two slices of toast and most mornings one with a scrambled egg and one with tomatoes, good for protein and keeps you Fuller for longer. Remember that little one needs more.

T84 - I say be lazy lol I no I have been.

I think this weekend I will weight myself, I was 54kg on my first midwife app and I no I have put on lots of weight, and with the hospital saying take it easy and no activities I hope that don't include walking.

I was weaned off pessaries and had no spotting afterwards.

Jess - The OH and I had to be smoke free for three months to get government funding for ivf, he took a lot longer than me but did it and I would so Kung Fu his ass if he started again

Can I ask you girls something, have any of you noticed hair loss in the first trimester? My hair is so much thinner it's almost scary. I just had a bath too and I let my hair down before I washed it, I got out of the bath and it was fully covered with hair and so was I! :( I don't know whether it's because I'm missing vitamins/calories due to MS or whether it's a pregnancy thing.

Loads of chat here tonight!!

Jess - sorry you're having a hard time with dh :hugs: I would be mad too but I have a hard time staying angry for too long...no willpower :haha: Has he any interest in quitting again? Meant to wish you luck with that girl tonight too - did you call over to talk to her? As regards hair loss, I haven't noticed any but mine is really thick and curly so I'd have to lose an awful lot before I'd see a change! I thought I read that pregnancy was supposed to stop your hair falling out? (although I'm definitely till losing a bit to the brush every morning!) Have you tried SeaBands for your ms? Lots of pregnant people swear by them...might take the edge off anyway?

MissA - no spotting from stopping progesterone yet (I think it was you who was asking?)

Almost - can't believe you have to wait til week 20 for another scan!! Over here we get one as standard at 12 weeks...

NoDoubt - my doctors office doesn't have u/s either. The only reason I've had 2 early scans is because we had ivf so they were done in the fertility clinic. Enjoy yours on Thursday!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->