Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Ahhh it posted twice? Stupid ph...

Jess - No hair loss for me but there again I have a matt of hair on my head!!
Yum almost that sound great!!! I have been craving salad wraps or in pita (No meat) and I am heading out today to get a load of fresh fruit to make fruit salads but I think I will ruin it by getting takeaways for dinner tonight, I find it hard to be motivated to cook as I have been getting head aches.
Are you not having the baby checked at 12 weeks and bloods take? its a very personal choice, OH and I said we are happy to do it.

I want fruit salad! Lol ill have to make home made this weekend now! Hehe its so expensive to buy it already made. And I am going in for a 12 week apt to get the flu shot not sure if I need bloodwork as I already got that at my 8 week apt. Dh and I already decided not to get tests done for things such as downs (sorry I forgot what that test is called). We figured we would not want to get the next round done with the amnio needle I think it is since it causes risk for mc so what's the point in worrying all pregnancy. I agree very personal choice but it was an easy one for dh and I to make luckily and we both agreed which was great!

And I know 20 week til finding out gender ahh my cousin is about same month pregnant as me and in another country she learns the sex 6 weeks before me at 14 weeks I thought that was too early.

I for got what it is called to lol!! With my twins I was told I was lucky to find out there sex at 16 weeks as its best around the 18 to 20 week mark and as we wont be buying any think till we are about 20 weeks I ok to wait till then but would be great to know sooner to.

I will be booking a private scan with That's My Baby. They do a special, I think for $40, they'll do a u/s give you a few prints and tell you the sex. I'll probably try for week 16 to find out.

I'd be upset too if my OH was spending more than rent behind my back!

My gender scan isn't until week 18. I am doing the nuchal translucency screening at 12 weeks. Just the ultra sound and bloodwork. I'm not sure about the amnio...it is scary.

I have not been feeling like cooking at all lately and been watching a lot of food network, but today I felt a lot better, so I went to the market and made meatloaf with roated red potatoes for hubby and some orange cranberry muffins.

Happy Olive Week, GettingBroody!!!

OMG, MissA, that sounds delicious!!! I'm making chicken thighs with lemon, garlic and herbs with mashed potatoes and corn, but haven't really felt much like cooking either lately, so this is a nice change of pace and I'm sure my DH will be pleased (I normally cook, but he's had to do it more lately).

I spoke to the girl that blabbed out I'm pregnant on my facebook... wow, she really has some nerve. She said she didn't think I'd care and it's not like it's big news - it is big news for me!!!

And I asked her why she was being nasty about the whole miscarriage business and she said 'it's just a miscarriage, it's common, get over it, happens to many people so i don't see what the big deal is'

Then i just turned around and left. I have nothing left to say to her. She clearly never lost a baby and doesn't know what it's like. I just can't believe how bland she was with the whole thing.

Wow...no one would have been mad at you if you would have punched her in the face. I'm just saying. Yeah, get rid of her. She's no good. Your pregnancy is a very big deal, to you and a lot of other people. She's just mad you called her out.

OMGSH JESS that is just HORRID of her to say those things-very immature!!!

Wow those cranberry orange muffins sound AMAZE!!!

I just had cheese pizza was craving it so bad, yes I had dinner, but I had a small lunch and light dinner so hehe =) LOL

And yes I thought 14weeks was a bit too soon-I'd rather just be told later and have it confirmed than an iffy guess by the docs! haha

holy Jess, I think I would have pick something up and thrown it at here, that is just no one at all.

Well decide to go get some fruit and just finished my fresh fruit with low fat yoghurt lunch, Im just disappointed it all gone so luck I got extra. I was at the beginning craving a lots of burgers and pizzas as well as eating them but as the weather is getting hotter I really crave salad and fruit

Wow, Jess. She is just cruel and insensitive. I think you handled it perfectly. She is definitely not a friend.

Two, I wish I wanted more salad and fruit! I actually do, but lately want heavier foods. Sigh.

I spoke to the girl that blabbed out I'm pregnant on my facebook... wow, she really has some nerve. She said she didn't think I'd care and it's not like it's big news - it is big news for me!!!

And I asked her why she was being nasty about the whole miscarriage business and she said 'it's just a miscarriage, it's common, get over it, happens to many people so i don't see what the big deal is'

Then i just turned around and left. I have nothing left to say to her. She clearly never lost a baby and doesn't know what it's like. I just can't believe how bland she was with the whole thing.

Um I would have gladly volunteered to put my foot in her ass! Some people have no common sense these days....You dont need that type of person in ur life. keep your head up....clearly she has some lose screws as having a miscarriage is tramatizing. we have your back <3

You are definitely better off without that girl in your life at the moment Jess... I mean, seriously!! Has she never heard of empathy? - whether she's ever lost a baby or not she should still know that it is a big deal :growlmad: Like Almost said she sounds very immature. Well done you for acting so calmly and just leaving, I'm not sure I'd have been able to!

Hope everyone is doing well today. Today LO is a sweet pea.. I'm excited. Starting to feel a little blue :cry: but I'll be okay. Assuming its hormones and facing the unknown stressors of impending parenthood.. How's everyone else doing today?

Hi chatty girls!

Jess - So sorry about hubby. I totally understand. Hubby "quit". I think he still smokes behind my back every once in a while but I can't catch him and he won't admit to me, of course. And that girl is totally horrible! Try not to let her get to you - she's not worth it!

Almost - I saw someone's announcement online for Thanksgiving time that said "We're giving thanks this year... we're expecting 1 little turkey!!" "Our turkey is due.... May 30 (in my case)" I thought it was super cute. Feel free to steal!!

Miss A - You get those cookies in the mail to me yet??!! Haha!

My appt went great yesterday. Loved the OBGYN. No scan. Just lots of bloods. And a stupid pelvic exam. And going over the genetic forms and lots of talking. I go for the NT scan/bloods testing on 11/12 and have an office visit with OBGYN on 11/20. I am to continue my Progesterone til at least that appt when I will be almost 13 weeks.

I am totally unsure of when to tell people. I keep debating on when to do it. I have resorted to just doing it when I feel comfortable and secure. So who knows when that will be!

Talking about gender scans. I will be 18 weeks the week of Christmas. I am hoping to be able to get the scan done when my parents will be in town visiting that week so they can go too! I thought it would be a very memorable moment for them and us.

Yay for the sweet pea T! The blues come and go...been there, was there yesterday, lol. You will be fine. I know they suck now though.

Snowflake I said I was going to tell people when I started showing, well more like they would see the belly and figure it out for themselves. There's a few people that we've told but that's it. The hubbs can't wait to put it on FB. He would have done it asap if I key him, but he's talking about doing it after the u/s. I'd at least like to wait until 2nd tri. He's just so excite. I was thinking he could post on our anniversary. I will be 13 weeks exactly.

So excited as Thumpers an olive today...9weeks. But most importantly according to my pregnancy tracker in FF thumper is now considered a fetus!

Thanks No Doubt. It's good to know I'm not alone. Happy Olive week to you! You're right along w/ Gettingbroody and Missannabelle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->