Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Thanks girls, I tried to best not to get angry, I don't need stress when I'm pregnant and the baby is growing just fine! I'm just surprised at what she said, she has two kids herself, she could imagine what it'd be like to loose one of them. I did throw up in her garden yesterday though, MS kicked in really strongly just before we knocked on the door :haha:

Good to see people are actually at least trying to eat healthy here! I have completely and utterly gone off meat and I literally live on veg and fruit, it's not perfect but hey..
Pizza sounds amazing right now! Thanks almost there! :haha: I looove pizza but I really don't like any of the lactose free cheeses, they just taste like chewing gum to me! :wacko:

t84, congratulations on the sweet pea! LO will be a lime in no time! :happydance: Do you have many symptoms kicking in yet?

Snow, I'm glad your appointment went well! The date till your scan will fly by! :) I know pelvic exams aren't fun, I seem to have one on every bloody appointment! :wacko: Same with bloods, but my MW said I have to get used to it, my bloods will be taken for tests at least once a month! :lol: I just hope I don't faint every single time! I'm such a wuss!

When you tell people is really your decision, Christmas generally speaking is a good idea! Especially when you'll know what you'll be having then!

I've booked my scan for 11th of December, I should be at least 16/17 weeks by then and it's OH's birthday, it'll be a nice surprise for him to find out and he's really looking forward to it! Then on Christmas, we're gonna get presents from 'the bump' to my family & his. Unfortunately we're not spending Christmas with them this year as OH is working all Christmas and we won't be able to make it BUT they can still receive their presents and be surprised on Christmas Day, right? ;)

In regards to my OH smoking, he said he's just stressed, that's why he started, work hasn't been easy for him as one of the managers has been moaning about everything at him to the store manager (thankfully that guy checks CCTV cameras all day long and knows nothing of the crap he said happened) and he said he's been super worried about the baby because... it's a year today since my first miscarriage. He said he'll try to quit though, so at least he's gonna make some effort. He doesn't want to smoke around the baby or me when I'm pregnant. He said that until he can fully quit, he'll only smoke at work when he's really stressed but won't smoke at home at all.

I went to see my doctor today, I called at 8am to get my appointment and had it at 9am, was seen by my midwife instead as she didn't have any appointments till 10am and seen me in the waiting room. She found ketones in my urine :dohh: BUT it was really minimal amounts so she said she won't send me to the hospital for the IV but I've to go home, and attempt to eat something and keep well hydrated and come back for another test tomorrow. So, I've ate 11 kiwis and I haven't thrown up although my mouth is killing me :lol: It seems to be the only thing I can keep down and I hated kiwis before! :lol:

I had a rant to her about my due date too, I'd rather have something, even if they'll change it at the scan, rather than nothing. So she said 'You're at LEAST 11 weeks' so I shall make tickers that say 11 weeks until I'm proven otherwise! Her saying that put a big smile on my face :haha: It really means I'm leaving the first trimester soon :happydance:

She also tried to listen to baby's heartbeat on a doppler and she could not find it at all! Since I didn't eat or drink anything in the morning I knew exactly where to look for baba! After her 25 minute search and my stomach getting sore I asked if I could look and she basically told me to go for it. I found it in a second :haha: LO's hearbeat is right between two angles of my star tattoo, every time :haha:

'You bought a doppler, didn't you?' -MW
'No..'
'I told you not to buy one as it'll stress you out!'
'I found the HB before you did'
'Shush!'

:haha: She wasn't happy that I bought it but it keeps me sane, so what the heck :haha:

Sorry about this long long post :haha:

How is everyone feeling today? Symptomless or? :D

Lol at your post. I'm so glad you upchucked in her bushes. Serves her right. I think the mw is just jealous you found it before her, lol. Glad everything for the most part went well though. Hopefully you'll be able to stomach something stronger soon.

Right now I'm on a sandwich kick. Yummy!

I'm having potato pancakes for dinner today! That is if I finally get round to making them :haha:

With telling people. We have told people like my mum and dad's and a couple of close friends but we are going to wait to Xmas day as it will be at ours with all the family and I will be 17 weeks. The OH to start with wanted to wait to 20 weeks as we lost the boys at 17 + 5 but I have already got a little pot going on so we would not be able to hid it past Xmas.
Jess my OH don't want me getting a doopler coz he thinks it will make me more nuts lol

We told our family and close friends after the 7 week scan and I think now everyone knows. I would have rathered kept it to ourselves for a while, but people that you tell get excited and tell people. Oh well.

Update - I suck at baking cookies. I made a huge mess and my cookies are big puddles that wont cook. Fine Panera - you win - I will give you $1.99 for one cookie to avoid doing this again. The muffins we pretty good...maybe I will make chocolate chip muffins and bypass the cookie idea all together.

Oh yeah - not spotting so far and my last progestrone was last night.

Thanks Jess! I think it's funny you found HB after MW couldn't.. :haha:
My symptoms are a/b the same..constipated, sore boobs, freq pee. But that's all. Yay for 11 weeks as well. Can't wait until I'm there...

MissAnnabelle glad you're not spotting!

Hi ladies it is getting late here and have a movie date with dh in bed for a halloween movie lol but just wanted to pop in to LOL at your hb convo with your mw jess and to wish everyone a wonderful nights rest! 10 weeks for me tomorrow. SO excited!!! Also, think I officially have the beginning of my baby bump so can't wait to take my 10 week picture tomorrow, eeek!!

Well, my dinner yesterday ended up being some fruit, I made potato pancakes and I couldn't eat them. I so wanted them when they were cooking, then it didn't seem like such a great idea at all. OH loved them though. I'm getting frustrated with not being able to eat anything but fruit!

TwoRdue, my doppler actually keeps me sane! In the first few weeks I was so bloody worried about miscarrying, it was all I could think about. Finding baby's heartbeat every morning when I wake up, just makes me feel a lot better!
Good luck with announcing too! Do you have anything special planned? :D

MissAnnabelle, I suck at baking cookies too, but hell, I make amazing muffins :blush: Shame I can't stand them now :haha: Glad you're not spotting too! :)

t84, I don't think my MW was very impressed :haha: She was looking in the completely wrong place. :dohh:

almosthere, HAPPY 10 WEEKS!! :happydance: Double digits now! :thumbup:

AFM, I got a letter in the post today about my *12* week scan, which is on the 9th November at 9.00am :) So.. that means that we'll finally be announcing it on facebook :growlmad: I wish Victoria kept her mouth shut! :cry: I also had my doctor appointment today and.. NO KETONES! :happydance: So just eating fruit is helping, so I'm gonna have to stick with it! At least I don't have to go to the hospital to the damn IV :nope:

How is everyone feeling today?

Happy Prune week Almost!

Jess - glad your scan is next Friday! Not far at all!

I'll finally have proper dates!! I can't wait to get my official DD!

I went to he bathroom at work this morning and noticed a little bit of brown spotting. The doctor is calling me back after noon. My next appointment to hear the heartbeat isn't until 11/19. Do you think they would do it sooner if I paid for it out of pocket? I'm just really anxious now and am not going to last until the 19h :wacko:

I had proper periods with this pregnancy so everything will be okay! You could rent out a doppler? I'm renting mine out for 8 pounds a month!

Missannabelle I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry. It could just be from going off progesterone. Hopefully the drs office can offer good insight when they call you bk. and we can keep each other company while waiting for scans mine is nov 14. Not too much sooner before yours on the 19th. :hugs:

Jess, glad everything went well, sorry you still can't eat much.

MissA I think everything is fine, but to answer your question I do think they would do it sooner. My doc gave me a prescription for mine. She told I may have to come out of pocket, but it's worth it to ease my fears.

AFM scan in 2 hours!

She called me back a half hour later and said the ultrasound tech was in today and had a cancelation so they scanned me and the baby is measuring 9wks 4 days with a hb of 167 bpm and baby was moving a ton. She found 2 fibroids outside of my uterus and a small tear inside that could have caused the discharge. She said no intercourse, lifting or exercise until further notice and the call her directly if there is anymore spotting that is pink or red. I feel better now. I have a new pic and will post later. Thanks for your support guys:)

No doubt, yey! Let us know how it goes!

MissA, great! Just take it easy!! :D

Happy Prune Week Almost and Snowflake!!! Can't believe the next one up is a lime - that seems much bigger than a prune!!

Jess - loving your new ticker! Can't wait to hear your real EDD either! Sorry you couldn't eat your lovely dinner but great news about the ketones :thumbup: What do you put in your potato pancakes? They sound yummy! :D

MissA - delighted they were able to fit you in today to ease your mind. Your lil one is growing mad - 2 days ahead of itself!! Rest up and take it easy!

NoDoubt - can't wait to hear all about your scan!

No major news here. Feeling exhausted the last few days and my nausea seems to be back. Am very glad I've no work this week! Although, maybe if I had the distraction of work I wouldn't have time to feel bad if ye know what I mean?!:wacko:

so ylad yo hear that miss a.

Broody it wouldn't matter. My nausea is making a special appearance today and I di have the distraction, lol.

Miss a so glad all is well and wow they got you in for a scan fast great to hear baby is okay! Afm feel super spaced out heavy head dizzy need to eat more I think gained 6 lbs and counting oh goodness haha

Thanks for the happy 10 weeks all! Almost to second tri woohoo! And I saw someone mentioned they have a scan today aside from miss a so gl! Sry for lack of personals on my cell tiny screen no iphone here! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->