Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Yeah, it was one of the first things I tried, along with lollipops :(

Had my first ultrasound today!!!!
only 1 baby - 180bpm.
I feel a lot more relaxed now

Oh Jess, I feel so bad for you... Sounds like you're definitely being hit the worst of us :hugs: Just remember that baby is thriving even if you aren't! Good luck at the doctors tomorrow (today?! - stupid time difference!) Thanks for the recipe! Do you grate raw potatoes or parboiled? And how do you manage to not grate your knuckles?:haha:

MissA - great photo of your happy baby!! Has your spotting eased off?

NoDoubt - your baby really is all curled up! Delighted dh saw the heartbeat even if you were too choked up!:hugs:

NGR - congrats on a great scan! It's a great feeling to actually see them in there! I don't know the protocol in other countries but over here if you're just having a regular pregnancy (without fertility treatment) then you don't get your first scan until 12 weeks! I don't know how people last that long without going crazy!:wacko:

Hope you feel better soon Jess.

AFM - have had a stressful night, my OH and I had a pretty big argument last night and tonight totally went against what he said he would do and ended in another argument and now he says he wants me to leave or he will, I know I have been hard to live with as of late but still, he even went as far as cutting up a dress he just brought me and when I keep trying to say how unfair he was he kept throwing chips at me. I'm nine weeks pregnant I really don't need this shit. I have no family to go to so I'm left to sleep on the couch..... just so upset

Jess I hope you feel better and hope they really do something.

NG cute scan!

Broody I think the only reason I got mine is cause I just completely broke down the other day. She did tell me I may have to come out of pocket for it, but for a couple hundred bucks ot was worth it to me.

Two, forgive me but what the hell is wrong with your husband!?!? And why isn't he on the couch? I can believe he just went bizerk on you like that. Was it really that big of a deal what you guys were arguing about that he had to go so far? Next time just tell him to leave if he feel that way. You're right, you're pregnant and you don't need this. He should be here for you right now, not so self absorbed in his own whateverness. I mean sure souples argue but to cut up your dress and then throwing things at you...are you kidding me right now. Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I hope you'll get out of there if you don't feel safe. I'll be praying.

Your right no doubt, when he is good he is a great husband very caring but this is not the time For him to be doing this shit. I'm trying to stay as relaxed as I can for the little bean as that is what is important.
I'm in New Zealand I have my sister here but she has three kids and little room ( we not very close to)but I will probably head to her tomorrow to chat about it and see what he has to say. I don't want a ruined family before it's had a chance to start.... sorry for the rant but need to let it out

I don't think it will hr ruined hun, at least I hope your husband won't be that foolish. Is he going through something right now? I think talking to your sister is a good idea and maybe even if you need to staying there for a couple days. Maybe that will be the reality check your hubbs needs, you never know what you got til its gone. Sorry you don't live close to me, I'd offer you bed. See if there's something bothering him, especially if this just isn't like him.

Thank you for that no doubt. I will try to get a good night sleep and head out and wait for him to come to me.... it's great to have bnb and all you ladies. x

This thread moves so fast - having trouble keeping up!!!

Great scans MissA and NoDoubt!!!

Congrats to the prune-babies - Snowflakes, Amost and Christie!!!

Jess, so sorry about your rough MS. Hope it eases up soon!

Two, will be thinking about you - you and your baby are your highest priority. Take care, hon. :hugs:

Jess I am SO sorry this sounds so uncomfortable and scarey-I hope you get in to be seen today!

afm feeling quite icky this morning, actually...very icky, as if I could throw up-gingerale and ritz although i feel like it is not helping....45 min drive to work in 15 mins....hope i do not feel like this all morning =(

Two - you poor poor thing :hugs: I am sure this is not what you need right now. I really hope that this is something that has blown way out of proportion in the heat of the argument and that once your dh has had a small while to think things over ye'll be able to work everything out. In the meantime take care of yourself and your little bean and try not to let the stress get to you (easier said than done I'm sure...) Will be thinking of you. Sending loads of :hugs:

Almost - my parents had some super sour sweets left over from Halloween on Wednesday - I had one this morning and I really think it helped my nausea :thumbup: I had read that they help but hadn't tried it. Might be worth popping into a sweet shop at some stage today? Hope you're feeling better!

omg - two - I would have clubbed him over the head with a frying pan. Maybe he is having sympathy hormornes or something. Idk...hoping things go back to normal tonight.

So far it was just the little bit of spotting yesterday morning. fx'd it stays that way.

Come to think of it - I had a sour apple blow pop last week and that did make me feel a little better. That is weird...lol

A BlowPop is a brand of lollipop with bubblegum inside and the lollipop is usually sour. I've gotten some sour lollipops from Trader Joe's and they have helped when I've had a queasy moment, but knock-on-wood, I haven't thrown up at all. I've found that and ginger ale and ginger candy has helped.

NGRidley, yey! Very fast hearbeat! :happydance:

GettingBroody, you have to grate the potatoes raw, just peeled and washed, I get my OH to do it every time :haha:

TwoRdue, I'm so sorry about your OH! He sounds pretty immature for what he did, why would he cut up a dress he bought you?! You and your baby come first, but I hope you guys can sort things out.

AFM, been to the doctors and I wish I just never went. I have been signed off work for the next 4 weeks, again. I've burst vessels in my throat from all the throwing up, that's what's been bleeding so excessively. It hurts to drink water! I have to drink it through a straw and it still feels like getting stabbed in the throat. Doc also said that she's not gonna give me anymore pills without consulting other doctors as she tried me on everything that she knows is safe for pregnancy and because I'm a high risk, she doesn't want to give me a few of the other things.. and the last 2 things she wanted to give me.. I'm allergic to. :dohh: She signed me off from work for another few weeks, told me to stay hydrated and TRY to eat.

How the hell am I supposed to try to eat?! I can't even take a drink of water anymore before being in tears. I got out of her office and I sat outside crying for half an hour. This is horrible! I never imagined I would be suffering this bad! I know MS is normal, but this is not MS anymore. It's HG and doc said, chances are, it might last my whole pregnancy. Screw this if I'm gonna feel like this till birth. I hope the next few months go fast and the baby will be here already! I will certainly not be in a rush to have a 2nd one either!! :cry:

Aww jess. I'm sorry. I know you can be feeling too great with all of that. And then to not be able to go to work. I kind of think of that as a blessing, but jot for the reason you can't. I hope things start to calm down. What's hg? Have you tried everything you can possibly think of to eat other than fruit?

:hugs: Jess... It might be a good idea to get some electrolyte powders like Dioraltye or Rehydrat to mix with your water so at least you'll be replacing your salts etc if you can manage to drink the water. I think not going to work is a good thing, you sound like you need to conserve all the energy you can at the moment... I suffer from really bad sea-sickness and we travel by ferry to France most summers and even on the calmest ferry crossing you could be guaranteed that I would be throwing up for the whole journey - feels absolutely never ending and its only for 17-18 hours... (if possible I fly over and meet dh there!) I can only imagine how much worse you must be feeling after weeks of it... Have you thought of acupuncture? There are tiny tack needles that they can put on a special point of your ear to combat nausea etc - officially they stay on for 2-3 days but if you're careful when you're in the shower then they'll stay on for much longer. I finally found a special patch called Scopaderm that totally stopped my sea-sickness but I don't think it's been tested for pregnancy...

Afm, today I'm wearing my SeaBands and munching on the sour sweets all day and so far I'm feeling much better!! Not sure which of them is working but I think I'll be continuing with both for the next few days! Must go to the shop for more sweets!!

hello all new to the group. how is everyone doing so any morning sickness yet...

No Doubt, I'm really just pissed. I have been off sick with MS all october! It looks like I will be on sick leave then straight onto maternity :growlmad:

HG is Hyperemesis Gravidarum ''(HG) is a severe form of nausea and vomiting in pregnancy different from the more common nausea and vomiting known as morning sickness. Dehydration, malnutrition, and other serious complications are the result of the "unrelenting, excessive pregnancy-related nausea and/or vomiting that prevents adequate intake of food and fluids."

It's a right pain in the ass :/

I tried eating other things and nothing works, any potatoes/rice/pastas make me sick instantly. I'm just worried because the only vitamins I'm getting atm are from my prenatals and the fruit.

And this doesn't impress me :/

"infants of women with severe hyperemesis that gain less than 7 kg (15.4 lb) during pregnancy tend to be of lower birth weight, small for gestational age, and born before 37 weeks gestation."

Getting broody, they've tried me on 6 different types of tablets, I tried the bands too and other things, I'm allergic to :/ (I'm allergic to all the good things in this world + a lot of medicines)

I'm just fed up. I just ate some pasta with simple, pure, bland tomato sauce to see if I can keep it down for half an hour to at least get some of the nutrients and calories, but I'm struggling, sipping water with lemon juice, it calms it down slightly but all I want to do is just throw up :/

My throat is just killing me! :cry: I was really hoping to have a nice easy going pregnancy :dohh: That's out of the question already. I am so worried about the baby too, thank god I can listen to the HB whenever I want or I'd go crazy!

I can't stand anything sweet at the moment (drink and sweet wise) so sweets are out of the question too, chewing gum helps me a lot but only for the first 15 minutes and I'm supposed to avoid having too much of it so I just have it after food to keep at least some of it down.

I've been counting my calorie intake as advised by my MW for the past 2 days and hell, I can only manage to eat about 700 a day, that's before I throw it all back up :/

Sweetpea, welcome! :thumbup: Congratulations!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->