Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Thanks ladies

Hope you are all doing well! I could not sleep so woke up a bit early-just thinking about baby and why the doppler was a miss...hmmm

omi-so jealous of your bump, mine is still not noticable to others, just to dh and I...

Walker, mine is almost like your bump-looks so cute and tiny!! lol

Thanks for the vote getting, and the rest of the ladies! Sooooo we did not get a super clear shot so I am not taking this as the gender, but she said if she had to take a guess, she would guess.....BOY! =) We want a healthy baby, but we admitted a boy would be wonderful!!! So we will officially know in less than 2 months, eeeek!! And I got 3 other scan photos, a profile with baby waving, and the other is baby looking at us-and then another profile one just hanging out lol

I could not sleep last night however it was more to do with DS waking up a few times and my cat trying very hard to drive me insane.

My friend is due a month before me with her third and loves big bumps and said she was jealous but I feel like a whale. I stayed reasonably small with my son so was not expecting this. I am worried about how huge I will be by the end!

That is great news. Are you managing to pick boys names easily? Everyone else seems to have gotten such great scan photos.

I guess last night was the night of no sleep. Didn't get into bed until 10 dealing with tue stupid tv, then one of my dogs had a tick so I had to take care of that, then back to the tv. Woke up at 3 and couldn't get back to sleep forever and woke at 5:40...20 mins after I needed to. So today I'm having cup of coffee since I've been preggo. Much smaller than usual though.

Almost I had an appt with my mw and she almost couldn't find the hb so don't worry. She said sometimes you can't hear it at this point with the Doppler so they will do an u/s to confirm. She said the older models they used to use were great, but admitted that the hand held ones were not as good. She only picked Thumper up for second, so the fact that they are active now also plays a part. We heard for maybe 8 secs, lol. So there is nothing wrong and what happened is unfortunately normal. But next time they should pick up the hb for sure.

Omen I feel like I'm huge too, but I just keep telling myself its all in my boobs and belly, which is true, but still. I asked if I could do ab work, the answer was obviously no, lol. Wishful thinking, I know.

They do not try for the HB until 16 weeks here! With my son the midwife I had said because I am a small build she would try at 13+1 but not to be surprised if we did not pick it up.

I'm not too worried about the weight after the birth because I lot it really easy after DS, although all the exercise in the world did not help with trying to get stomach muscles back. But I guess I feel like my bump is freakishly huge at the moment. On the bright side it is helping DS understand there is a baby in my belly.

Aww...is he excited about having a little brother or sister? I fear that if/when we have a second that this one may not be so accepting.

He is excited but to start with he did not really understand the idea of pregnancy. I think he though a baby would arrive in the post, lol. But he started to rub my belly and kiss it in a morning and talk about his sister (not sure why but he thinks he is getting a sister). The scan really helped him understand too although at first he was worried it was hurting me. I am just hoping he is as happy after the birth because he is used to all of the attention; he is an only child, only grandchild on both sides and only great-grandchild on DH's side. I can not wait for them to meet though. :cloud9:

Awww, how cute is that! My hubbs kisses my belly, but that's a little on the annoying side, lol. Its so cute to come from a little child though! I've heard other children that think the baby is hurting mommy. I thought my first grade teacher was going to just explode when she preggo. I went home crying to mom, lol.

Almost - not being able to find the heartbeat is scary! I'm glad you were able to get a scan though and see your LO. I know at 6 and 8 weeks, I didn't get to hear it, but they showed the heartbeat to me. My MW this week had no problems finding it.

So does anyone else feel like a hobbit? If you've seen Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings, you'd understand. I eat my eggwhite and cheese on whole grain pita, and then a few hours later I want a second breakfast. Everytime I think of having a second breakfast it reminds of that scene where the hobbits stop to have second breakfast. Then they start naming off all the different meals they have throughout the day.

No Doubt, that made me giggle. DH only felt my stomach twice in total with DS because he found the movements scary.

I have had to get up for snacks in the middle of the night and find myself wanting lunch sooner than normal. I had a few days when I felt really hungry all the time and wanted to eat everything in sight, the only time I felt like that with DS was the last 2 weeks.

For some reason, I'm a bit nervous to make the annoucement to my parents. Not sure if I'll do it tonight when I get to their house or tomorrow. Or maybe event Friday. I'm just afraid they'll freak out (and not in a good way) and I'll ruin Thanksgiving! :nope:

I feel like a hobbit. I'm constantly saying how its time for my second lunch, lol. The doc said that's normal though and that o should he eating smaller meals throughout the day, so I guess being hungry every hour or two is the norm.

Christie why are you afraid? You don't think they will be happy?

I'm not sure why. I think it's just my personality. I'm not big into getting attention. I also didn't tell them that I was trying. Plus I'm single and doing it on my own. Plus, it means another grandchild that they won't live near. My mom always gets upset whenever a visit with the grandkids are over. They live in Western NY and my sister and I live in Maryland. 6.5-7 hour drive between the grandparents and the grandkids.

I just think saying SUPRISE I'm 13 weeks pregnant (as of this Friday), when they didn't even know I was trying will be quite the shock. I think there will be a lot of questions too that I'll have to answer too. Mostly with the 'how' or 'who's the father' when there isn't one.

Christie - Awe. I hope things turn out well for you. I'm not too into attention either - I really didn't like being the center of attention on my wedding day. Where in WNY? I grew up in WNY!! Hubby and I moved to NC 6 years ago. All my family is still there. I go back once or twice a year.

ALmost - What a scary time but so exciting to get an US. I am guessing a BOY!! I swear I see a nub!! Baby was just playing hide and seek!

Walker - LOVE the bump pic. You look great girl! I still need to take a pic! Haven't done one yet!

My appt this AM went well. I can decrease my Progesterone dose from 2 pills a day to 1 pill a day for a week and then stop them all together! I am excited but still scared that my placenta hasn't taken over quite yet. We found baby on doppler at the office and they said it was 160.

And most exciting news of all!!! Gender scan is on 12/20!!! OMG!! :happydance: Right on time for Christmas. I can't wait!! I will be 17 weeks. They do them from 16-18 weeks so I picked right in the middle. I can't believe I will know the sex in time for Christmas! I can't wait to get blue or pink stuff! I have a feeling it is a boy though. Less than a month away. I think I'm going to put a ticker in my siggy!

I got myself lost on the way to the bus stop this morning and ended up walking up a HUGE hill complete with stone steps for about eight minutes. I could barely breathe at the top! I hope little princess is okay . . .

Christie - I think your parents will be thrilled! My mom did not want me to do IVF at all and was trying to tell me to either go without or adopt? She is happy now - people have their opinions, but people who love you will always accept who you are and be happy for you.

I am going to my in-laws for dinner tomorrow. First time there since the smoking time. They know I have been having a hard time and DH talked to MIL so I am just hoping they don't smoke at the table with me.

Snowflakes - I wish my gender scan was before Christmas! What a wonderful gift for everyone! Mine is at 18 weeks and 2 days - seems like forever from now. I live in WNY - that's funny.

Gosh walker I've parked certain places to avoid that exact thing happening to me. Nothing but hills in Pittsburgh. I pay $8 for valet parking when I see my Endo. Otherwise its a huge hill and about three breaks for me. I'm sure LO is fine, just a little work out for her today!

Christie, I didn't know you were doing it on your own. I understand why you would feel that way, hopefully its completely the opposite from what you're expecting. I hope they don't start in with all the questions and make you feel uncomfortable. A child is a blessing and they should be happy regardless. I hope it all works out!

I am sure everything is all good Walker! Don't worry! I can tell you I get winded just walking up my stairs some days!

MissA - I am sure they will respect your wishes about smoking. I can't believe you are from WNY as well! My MIL is driving down right now. I grew up in a Buffalo suburb. She's bring all my WNY staples and fav's. Ya know.... Bison chip dip, Sahlen's, Sponge Candy, Yancey Fancy Cheese, Redlinski's, Hubby's Flying Bison Beer. I actually won a Perry's contest last week and they sent me 2 things of Ice Cream (Peppermint Stick & White Christmas) on dry ice. I was so excited to get it!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->