Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I always drink plenty of water. It can be a chore sometimes when I'm home but I bought a brita bottle and just tell myself to drink at least 5 of those a day. I have a huge jug at work that I drink at least one of and then come home and drink two of the brita bottles.

I thought I would obsess over the Doppler too, but I only use it if I feel an all day weirdness like yesterday I had a stretchy pully feeling all day and wanted to check it out. Of my little Thumper was difficult and all over the place but once I rolled on my side she fell forward and I heard her for a few seconds and was fine.

Oh I wish I had a Doppler. But I'm trying to find a good pair of baby buds so I can play some tunes to the little booger :)

I suppose I am at one too-I wonder if the water in tea/hot chocolate count? hehe

My hubbs is a musician so a pair of buds is a must most definitely, lol.

Lol walker! That's how my hubbs drinks his water. He tries to drink at least one an hour. Its like torture for him. Maybe you could try the little packets that flavor the water.

I suppose I am at one too-I wonder if the water in tea/hot chocolate count? hehe

They do count :thumbup: As does soup and anything else liquid based... Luckily for me because I struggle with drinking enough water too :blush: If tea and glasses of milk didn't count I'd be in big trouble!

Afm, really struggling to eat at the moment :nope: I can manage cereal in the mornings and most days I can eat toast or something similar for lunch but dinner just isn't happening... I make it every night (in the hope that I'll eat it!) but after about 3 bites the texture makes my stomach heave and I have to jump up and spit it out or else...:sick: Haven't actually been sick yet but there's been a few close calls! Usually after a glass of milk to settle my stomach I can manage a bowl of soup (totally liquidized and textureless!) or more cereal/toast but it's beginning to get annoying now! :growlmad: Haven't had a proper dinner in 2 weeks and I love my food!! I thought second tri was supposed to be the easy one?!!

On a positive note I just bought 5 metres of material to start making baby slings! You get 3 slings out of the width that fabric is sold in so I ordered a light grey colour and I'll keep one grey and dye the other two different colours. Doesn't make much sense to have three the same colour!:wacko: The fabric cost me only €26 incl postage so IF :)haha:) they work out then I'll have got 3 for less than the price of one moby!:thumbup:

I find all I do is drink water as I don't like fizzy drink unless it's got Bourbon in it hehe so that is out and I don't drink juice and as I am constantly thirsty it has to be water.

Getting sorry you are still not feeling week, I was told from my doc that it's between week 12 and as late as week 14 to start feeling better so maybe not to far away.

Thanks Two! I could understand it more if I'd been feeling like this all along but the fact that it just suddenly started at about 12 weeks is strange!! :wacko:

Thanks Two! I could understand it more if I'd been feeling like this all along but the fact that it just suddenly started at about 12 weeks is strange!! :wacko:
thats how i was in my last two pregnancies i didnt find out i was expecting till i was already 10 weeks or so and then had morning sickness at 12-16 weeks. thats why i now even though i dont have it now doesnt meean i wont in a few weeks.

I've had five cups of water so far . . . Gotta pick it up! On a side note, if anyone asked me what I want for Christmad right new I would say a prenatal massage! I've been having sharp pains in my butt (sorry) all evening, especially when bending at all. Ow!

ahhh walker you crack me up-a massage does sound nice! I pulled the muscle behind my knee----ouchh!!!

off to have some soup it is so cold and snowy here =(

I also broke down and bought some maternity clothes today. I needed some comfy dress pants for work. I wore my biggest pair Friday and they were uncomfortable and I'm down to one pair of jeans that I can still button. I only bought 2 pair of pants and 2 shirts. Tis the Christmas season and I have not finished shopping for others, so more clothes for me will have to wait a little longer.

I have been incredibly thirsty today. I think for once I got in my required water intake. I never usually drink very much, today was strange wanting so much water.

Christie I was also super thirsty! And yay for joining thwe maternity clothes group! LOL.

It is SO foggy in MA today!!! It snowed yesterday and now it is like a misty snow fog-very odd. Anywho, woke up feeling dizzy-had some caffenated tea to wake me up and a blueberry muffin for my bloodsugar. Feeling a tad better now. Yesterday my mom surprised me and purchased a crib, ottoman, and dresser with baskets and a rug for me for early xmas-I am so fortunate. It is a used set in great condition. I don't mind buying some things used as babys things are very pricey! I have to purchase 3 carseats-one for me, one for dh, and one for the grandparents-so everything will add up fast. A pack and play for grandparents and vacations. Lot's to buy! Before getting pregnant I thought "oh 9 months, thats plenty of time to get things in order!" But now I am worried it is not! I think once dh and I find our dream house (well, as good a house we can find with our finances, lol) then all will start to fall into place. I can't wait to get started on the nursery!! We toured some homes, but one was just too small and not worth the move from our current place, and the other was a short sale. Our condo was a short sale, so we know how long the process can take. Sorry for the rant, hehe hope everyone has a lovely day!

almost there- thats nice your mom got you some stuff, i know every bit helps. when i was pregnant with my son i worked in childcare and the parents of the kids in my class found out i was pregnant. they would just drop bags of cloths new and used off in the mornngs and like baby bouncers and swings that were in good condition. i never ask for them to do that but the response i got was over whelming. i felt blessed when i had nothing to give back at the time except for a thank you.

I bought two more pair of of work pants and one more of jeans which I think will all hold me at least until third tri...hopefully into it pretty good. If not I'm hoping the clothes my friend is giving me will work for third tri. She's a little bigger than me so I think it will be ok then and if is a little baggy I just really don't think I'll care at that point, lol. Every little bit does help.

Once I actually planned out how I would purchase things I knew 9 months would fly by, lol. I'm starting to freak out about us getting to some of these daycares. I'm scared of running out of time. I said I was just going to put my name on everyone's waiting list. In the mean time I will keep looking for someone to come into the house and watch Thumper, but if not we will at least have a daycare.

Nodoubt-Daycare/finding a nanny must be stressful! I hope you and everyone else on here finds a wonderful place for their little one whilst going back to work! fortunately my mother is retired, so we already plan of having her watch baby Monday through Thursday-it is so costly to pay for childcare! We already planned the general drop off and pick up routine-dh brings baby to grammy and grampys in the morning since he goes into work much later than I do, then I pick baby up since I get home earlier than dh does.

Sw33p-how wonderful! I was hoping a family I still babysit for will be that generous! I really want their pack and play but I don't want to ask-so if they give then I shall take! LOL but I just don't feel right asking for anything! My parents are picking up the stuff today-it feels like a huge load lifted off my back not needing a crib and babydresser/changing table! I feel bad they have to drive an hour there and an hour back and they will be storing the stuff in their basement-the sooner I move into a house, the better!!

So I think it is safe to say we are all getting pretty close to our 20 week gender scan, I go 2 or 3 days before my actual 20 week mark-when does everyone else go? I am sooo excited to find out and pick a name-another big thing needed to be done on my list of baby to do's to make me less stressed!

I haven't even scheduled that. To be honest I'm just grateful to jot have a million appts a week anymore and am just trying to enjoy going to work and then coming home. The first three months were hectic with appt for me so thank goodness that's slowed quite a bit. Luckily one of the places I go for u/s is really quick with appts...I call and get scheduled within the next couple days so scheduling won't be a problem. Plus as o don't want to know the sex a gender scan isn't as important to me, but I know it is to hubby and I obviously wouldn't mind seeing my little Thumper again, lol. So I will have to make that appt.

We already have names picked out...one boy, one girl name. I can't wait until I can call her by her name...which obviously won't be any time soon, lol.

Aw, I know-name picking is so hard but so exciting and fun at the same time! MY OBGYN set all my appts for me and mailed me me schedule lol so it is kind of nice to not have to schedule each one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->