Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Also, I'm learning to bring more than a can of soup for lunch these days! Today I have two whole grain tortillas wrapped with garlic hummus, carrots, green onions, chickpeas, cottage cheese, and sesame oil!

jess ill keep in my prayers that the little one and you get better and everything grows the right way. my cousin just had her baby also recently about a month ago and had similar issues with the baby. she has now been home for over a week and is doing really good and her scars are healing nicely.

Walker that does wound good and I normally don't go for stuff like that, lol. Glad you are bringing more to work and feeling better today. I'd say that is a bit awkward but maybe you guys could talk about her baby and then talk about your baby, lol.

lol walker funny about driving your friends mom just play music or try small talk hehe also I love garlic hummus but I read on livestrong site that pregnant woman should steer away from hummus.

Jess sorry to hear about babies complications I hope they improve for the better

Snow yay for spilling the beans soon!

Almost - hadn't heard anything about hummus... Must check it out. Love hummus!!

Walker - 7 hours is a lot of small talk!!! I'm sure it'll be fine though, have a great weekend!

Jess - will be keeping you and LO in my thoughts. Compared to the pregnancy you're having motherhood is going to be a doddle for you!! :D (PS your snakes sound fab!! What breed are they?)

Snow - yay for stopping your progesterone and not being able to tie your pants!:haha: Have fun telling everyone this weekend!! It's fun when everyone knows!

Loving all the oranges this week!!!!! :thumbup: We are making so much progress!!

i did this last pregnancy and have done it again this time. if you have any tight shirts in white dark blue or black you can cut them under the arms straight across and use it under your other shirts as a belly band to go over your unbuttoned pants. ;) i went all pregnancy without maternity clothes for work that way. way before i new anything about the ones you can buy that look the same way.

Sweetpea - this is such a great idea!!! Will be doing this in lots of different colours! :D

I love it too-it is prob fine but i research every food I am just so paranoid about certain herbs from teas and certain foods....the hummus may be due to sesame seeds and sesame seeds MAY cause MC but there is no "Scientific" proof yet, but I am still trying to steer clear of that, as well as the cold cut deli meats....how I am dying for a cold turkey sandwitch on white bread with american cheese mayo and salt and pepper...YUM!! DH really has to get home with dinner already....lol

15 weeks! my late night late dinner bloated but still have a bump there pic LOL

Attachments

• Bump pics! 015.jpg
    Bump pics! 015.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Bump pics! 017.jpg
    Bump pics! 017.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 6
I looked it up and apparently the hummus fear is the same as with some other foods (such as eggs and soft cheese), listeriosis. It's not one of the frequently warned about foods, though, so I'm not too concerned.

i did this last pregnancy and have done it again this time. if you have any tight shirts in white dark blue or black you can cut them under the arms straight across and use it under your other shirts as a belly band to go over your unbuttoned pants. ;) i went all pregnancy without maternity clothes for work that way. way before i new anything about the ones you can buy that look the same way.

Sweetpea - this is such a great idea!!! Will be doing this in lots of different colours! :D

by the way my hubby would joke and make fun of me becouse i do this when i have shirts that aren't long enough and i have the excess skin that make a bump in my lower belly so i like having my jeans covered in that area prego or not so i wear them still even when pregnant. my husband flipped a gasket when he started seeing the belly band commercials last year . he was why didn't i patten that lol. because Ive done it for years. lol needless to say he doesn't make fun anymore.

I know I've been slacking in the posting, but not much going on with me. I still don't fee pregnant, although I'm 15 weeks today. I've only gained a pound in the last few weeks. I have listened to LO on the doppler though and a nice strong (and loud now) heartbeat. LO seems to be very active as I had to keep moving the doppler. If I hadn't had so many scans already I would have thought I was having twins. But maybe LO just has an irregular heartbeat right now, sounded like two different beats and I don't think the other one was mine because it was too fast.

Jess, I sure do hope things start to get better for you. I couldn't imagine going through all you've been through so far.

Cute bump you've got going there almost.

I didn't used to be a lunch eater, but now I find myself going to the cafeteria to get a salad everyday. I have to force myself to add some hard boiled egg pieces to it since my MW insists I eat eggs everyday. I really don't like the taste of eggs, especially the yolk.

I found out my son's adoption will be finalized December 17th, so after that then I'll start publicizing my pregnancy. Though I'm still not sure when/how to tell my manager and coworkers.

Thanks christie! I hope you find a comfortable way to tell coworkers and manager! have you been there long? I did my 2 ivf procedures my first 2 weeks of work-so it was super awk having to tell my boss since I was so new-my boss basically insisted I just tell ppl i did IVf bc they were catching on apparently....which made me break down and cry because it is so personal and rough and I didnt know if it was going to work-but in the end i had my boss tell them and to have them just not bring anything up about it as it is a sensitive subject for me. I let her tell for who came to be my miracle baby so i would not have to lift and keep it hidden anymore for saftey and health reasons for myself and baby. Then I ended up announcing at 5 weeks...super early and not what my original plan was, but it helped me to be more comfortable at work actually...sorry for the horrid grammer and long rant-chatty this morning!

I am mostly hungry for breakfast and dinner, but i make myself eat a good size lunch and i snack before and after as well...usually a yogurt and a peice of fruit

I've been here 3 years. I think the hardest part of telling my manager is that he wants to use the commonality of having young kids (he has a 6 month old daughter) as a way to bond or something with me. He got really excited when I told him I was adopting and now he always wants to talk about babies. I don't generally make personal relationships with people I work with. I don't hang out with any of them after work or outside of work. I do have one coworker I chat with about life outside work, but other than that I keep my personal life separate from my work life.

I guess I"m partly afraid that there will be too many questions about how I'm feeling, how long am I now, what's going on, how'd your appointment go? Since a lot of questions get ask about my son already when I have to leave early or I come in exhausted or whatever.

My mom has actually been pretty good so far. I have always been afraid she'd be asking me questions constantly. She did with my sister, but I think my sister enjoyed it, and my mom knows I don't, I've told that before I ever thought about getting pregnant.

Ok gonna try to catch all the new stuff...

Almost, cute hump hun!

Sweet pea, my hubbs is constantly trying to patent something. He wanted to do the huggie, a snuggie for two people, which I'm pretty sure they already had at the time. Everything he wants to patent is already out there, lol. Not to quick on that apparently, but he's mine and I love him, lol.

Christie, yay for the adoption being final! Not to far away at all. Hopefully telling people at work will be easier than you think.

Nothing really going on with me. Is anyone getting their energy back yet? I'm finding that I now pretty much have a food aversion to everything which sucks because I want everything and as soon as I start eating it tastes terrible. I had taco bell last night and that was ok so that might be my diet for a while. Apples are on the yummy list though so I have two for breakfast. Oatmeal is ok too so I usually eat that sometime in the morning. I'll try other breakfast foods this weekend. If they work then it might be breakfast and apples for a while, lol.

I feel the same Two! I'm mostly ok with breakfast and lunch but dinner is a bit of a disaster! Not much fun!! On a positive note, I'm definitely more energetic now though!! I'm trying to do one of the prenatal yoga vids at least every second day - so far so good! :thumbup:

Hi ladies!!

LOVE the bump Almost! I am so having hubs take a pic of me this weekend. It will be my 1st pic! Kinda excited about it!

OMG totally awkward Walker! I would be like dying in the car!

Jess - Sending good vibes to LO.

I was just eating hummus last week. Trader Joe's has the best! I totally love breakfast, in fact, I made waffles and bacon for dinner one night this week!

Christie - I don't like alot of questions either. And I know the one work girl is going to ask a million and she loves to talk about her PG so I am sure she is going want to talk to me about mine all the time and I really don't want to do that.

Nodoubt - I have a good bit of energy. No longer falling asleep on the couch super early. I can somedays make it up til 11.

Told my dad last night about me being PG. He's excited (well, as excited as my dad shows!). I can't believe I tell the rest of family tomorrow. Still so nervous. I am telling my 2 direct co-workers on Monday and I am sure the rest of the office will know by the end of the day. I have disabled all comments on my facebook wall (friends with both family and co-workers) for it not to get out there before I go to work.

So today, this lady at my job was kind enough to tell me that I am changing shapes. That's how she put it. She didn't know I was preggo, but said she suspected. So that made me feel better about my weight and well...shape, lol. My supervisor let that one go, which is fine cause its out there.

haha no doubt-I find it kind of uncomfortable when people comment to me...I turned around and saw my boss and co worker smiling at me so i sad what and they said i am starting to look preg. from the side, i felt awk like why do they have to stare ike that?! lol

ladies-regarding food diversions, I feel like I wouldnt like snackingo n goldfish like I used to as i cant stand the smell anymore (i teach so its a snack we give the kids often). also, I did not enjoy dinner last night or tonight-so hoping it was just the food choices...uh oh lol

Thank you ladies :hugs: I have managed to stop throwing up last couple of days but the nausea itself got a lot worse. Although I prefer feeling like I'm gonna be sick any minute over throwing up all day long!

Lovely bump Almost!! :D

I might post mine later, I actually have something there now :haha: Sadly, all the weight I lost was from my arms and legs, they look like sticks now :dohh:

Snow, yey for annoucing it! :D I hope everyone takes the news well!

No Doubt, I'm getting more and more food aversions too which in my case isn't good. I haven't got any energy back either. Whoever said that during pregnancy we feel and look amazing should get a slap :haha:

Christie, good luck with telling your manager :) I know what you mean about trying to keep your life personal, I'm the same, I like to keep my life private. Look at it this way, it's better if the manager is at least excited and understanding and actually interested, because you could have someone who doesn't give a ... Although it must be annoying if she wants to keep on talking about babies 24/7!

Thankfully no one comments on how big I got simply because I don't see anyone apart from OH and doctors. I'd feel awkward if someone told me that I'm changing shape. But.. maybe it's just me.

I also did some shopping! Got a few things for LO :) We're only getting unisex stuff for now - random bits and pieces. In January we have got a big shop to do as we'll be getting ALL the furniture etc :happydance:

A Lovely snow suit! I just liked the look of it, don't know why. It's different, lol. CLICK

A cuddle robe! CLICK

Some bibs :) CLICK I also got a pack of some plain white ones too.

A 7 piece set :) CLICK

Moses basket, with a normal and a rocking stand :) CLICK

:happydance: :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back