Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Merry Christmas all! The day is just about over. It was a good day, though I can't wait to crawl in to bed in a few minutes.

After 2 weeks of dropping hints on FB, I finally just came right out and made it all public. Nothing fancy, just posted the last u/s pic I had and told them another baby was on his way. People just weren't getting my hints, but this finally got peoples attention.

If I didn't already have my two body pillows (I've been using them for a while, even before getting pregnant) then I would totally get a snoogle.

Well off to bed with me and back to work tomorrow. Hope all had a great Christmas.

She said that sometimes it's just part of the pregnancy but I hope it don't happen again as it's a horrible feeling..

Sorry about the mistakes and wording in my last post, been using my phone and OH was rushing me.

Merry belated christmas everyone!

2rdue-I experienced some pressure on my bladder-I assume it is baby putting the pressure on it and the symptom of increased peeing is comming back with a vengance as I have experienced and read for week 18! Glad you got checked and all was fine! I called my doctor yesterday as I had what I now think is indigestion....I love brazilian food and have gained 2 lbs in about 2 weeks maybe even less than 2 weeks! Baby and I sure are growing! I will post a bump photo later tonight or tomorrow if I can find the time! Only 12 more days until I find out the sex of my BabyBit as my mom calls it-I like the nickname hehe. Bye for now-have a lovely day/evening ladies!!!!

Thanks almost - the pressure definitely was not due to bladder pressure as I did have that the other night and this is a strange horrible feeling but the doc said it can be more common after a pregnancy, it felt like if I was to go to the toilet everything would fall out.. you getting bladder pressure? Are you feeling kicks yet? I get little kicks everyday now and it's a great feeling. Looking forward to your bump pic to..

Blah! This iron supplement (Florandix or something like that) the MW has me taking is absolutely one of the worst things I've ever tasted. Come my next appointment I'm going to have to see if there is something else. I don't know how long I'll be able to stand it.

I think LO has gone through a growth spurt. Last week I was able to fit into a pair of my normal jeans, but this week, no chance of that happening!

Two - so sorry you had that scare :hugs: Very glad all is well...

Loving all the sweet potatoes in here at the moment! :D

Had a lovely few days over Christmas. Did lots of relaxing and visiting family. I think baby has moved position this week - feels like s/he has taken up residence in my bladder!!:haha:

I made it to two daycares today. I didn't think I would go for the first one, but now I'm kind of liking the first over the second...and I thought the second was a for sure pick. My biggest problem is that the second one is a locked facility, but to get in you get a code, and they just "ask" people not to give out the code. Really!?!?!? Let's just put everyone on the honor system cause no one ever lies. People tell grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, neighbors this code when they send someone else to pick up their child, so where maybe two people, mom and dad, have the code 10 people have the code and can just walk right in. She said someone is usually sitting at the front desk and can see who's coming in, but we were away from that front desk for at least 20 mins checking out the infant room and no one else was sup there in her place. How many times a day does that happen? It only takes a second for a child to come up missing. I'm just not comfortable with that at all. And they only change the code every 6 months.

The first place is truly locked down and someone has to buzz you in. And she was wearing the buzzer around her neck so it wasn't like it was just lying around either. When I pulled up I was sitting in my car eating my breakfast and just kind of looking at the kids and whatnot in their normal setting. I felt so stalker. Stalking is only good on bnb, lol. But the lady said she saw me sitting there and and said that she was keeping an eye on me. That made me feel good. At least I know they watch out for weirdos and don't just let things go unnoticed.

Next u/s is scheducled for 1/21 and hubbs can find out the sex. I'm just excited about seeing my little Thumper and they said if we bring in a dvd, they will make a dvd for us so we can capture her moving around. Really excited about that and getting more photos!

My first ultrasound is tomorrow!!! And, I've been feeling more tickles and bubbles!!!

So many boys! :O

Today has been an amazing day! We've seen our Alice's foot through my stomach!! Only for like a second but it was there. The kicks are so strong now.

Hope you're all good!

Congrats Walker!!! Can't wait to see a photo! There does seem to be an awful lot of boys in here!!

Jess, that's so exciting! :dance:

I'm getting kind of nervous. I haven't felt any real movement yet. Good thing I have my doppler so I can keep checking. January 10th can't come soon enough so I can be reassured my LO is growing just fine. I know I am! I think I've hit the 10lb gain mark.

I think the last month and half has gone by so slow. The first 3 months seemed to go by pretty quickly. I hope the 2nd half of the 2nd tri picks up the pace! I'm dying to meet my LO already, though I know he is not any where near ready to make his grand entrance.

Christie, I'm the same as you - haven't really felt any movement yet. Some sites say the average for first pregnancies is 18-22 weeks so we could have aaaages to go yet! :coffee: Hope not though!

Congrats on the baby boy Walker!! Great news!!

I put a call into the OBGYN's office today to see if it is OK for me to take a Probiotic supplement. I am hoping it will help regulate my digestive system. My next appt is 1/14. I am nervous about my weight gain - I am only up 6.5pds so far. I guess I will bring it up at the next appt to see if that is OK. I am eating great and stuff.

I start back to work on Wed. after having a great amount of time off. It's been awesome. We bought our nursery furniture, a glider, a swing, the stroller, the bedding set and allotttt of clothes!! I toured 2 daycares - where I cried after and made we realize how much I reallly want to stay home. We really need to check our finances - not sure if it even doable. I cleaned out the nursery room. We are picking out paint tomorrow and hubby better have the room painted by the time the furniture comes in in 4-6 weeks.

Snow I'm sure your weight gain is fine. You've been You've busy bee, lol. I'm gonna need pictures of all that, lol! You sound like me and having hubbs finish painting the nursery, but gotta make sure it gets done. Really excited for you!

Happy New Year ladies!!! This is the year we get to meet our beautiful babies!! :dance:

Snow - I'm similar to you, have only gained about 7lbs but I've always been slightly underweight so this doesn't surprise me. BabyCenter has a great tool for calculating your weight gain and graphs it against recommended values. I'm within the recommended range (although a bit on the low end) for my height so I'm not too worried. Here's the link if you want to have a look.... https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-estimator

We had quite an exciting day yesterday - collected the moses basket and cot from my parents attic and put the cot together. The instructions for the cot are long lost so it was a bit of a jigsaw but fairly sure we have it right!:haha: Both cot and basket will need new matresses so my mum is looking into that. The cot's original mattress is in inches so it doesn't match any of the ones that are in the shops now - will probably have to get one made up, hope that won't be too expensive! Also, framed some lovely baby animal photos for the wall and a print from The Fox and The Hound (my all time favourite Disney movie!). They look so cute! We're not having a theme as such but since we're both animal crazy it's kind of inevitable that the room will be filled with animal things!
(Edit: We ordered this Wall Decal a few days before Christmas and it just arrived while I was typing!)

Also, and even more excitedly, I'm fairly sure I'm starting to feel the baby move! :happydance: Feels like bubbles popping! Yesterday it was happening if I was sitting down but leaning forward (obviously I must have been squashing the space a bit) but right now I'm lying in bed and I've felt one or two. Looking forward to them getting nice and strong so dh can feel too! :D

Hope ye're all well and recovered from the wild parties on the 31st!!:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"