Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I'll also be going with disposables - I won't have the time to bother with the washing - my OH has tonnes of washing to do as it is & there'll be baby stuff coming into that soon too.. I don't think I'll have the patience to wash the nappies. I might buy a few and try them out but at first I'm definitely going with disposables. I've already got over 500 stocked up.

I'm all for disposables. I don't keep up with laundry as much as I probably should so I know keeping clean cloth diapers around would be a pain for me. I'd just keep buying more so I have clean one handy :) That's why both me and baby have such a large wardrobe!

My son just turned 3 months and I think we are just about ready to start buying size 2! I'll finish up the size 1s I have but the next bunch will be size 2. I had some left over newborn size, that I'll be using for LO on the way. I'm kinda lucky that no matter what size I buy right now, I can't over buy since LO will need some too in all sizes.

LO seems to have woken from his 2 day nap and has been moving around plenty today and some last night. I probably just did too much walking Saturday and rocked him into a deep sleep.

Slight headache today, but other than that still feeling good.

Walker - Could it be indigestion/heartburn? I've been having some weird aches under my boobs but above where my ribs end - I only get it at night when I'm relaxing and laying down. I was taking Tums to see if it was and it didn't go away. If I get it again tonight I'm going to try Gas-X in case it's trapped gas.

We are going with disposable all the way. I already have 4 boxes of newborn diapers (96 to a box). And have 2 boxes of 180 of size 1's. And over a thousand of wipes. I am stocking up. I will need them. I am taping a gift receipt to the boxes so if I need to exchange I can.

Broody - I am still not sleeping well either. It has been so bad. I feel your pain!

Jess - Ha! I've been hoarding lots of clothes too!

Welcome E2!!

Went to a baby shower yesterday. Can't wait for mine!

Snowflakes - it very well could be! I definitely feel the pain in that exact spot, as well as my back.

Anyone have a name list going? Here are the ones the DH and I are considering (I usually run names by him and he vetoes haha):

Adrian
Atticus
Benjamin
Brooks
Elliott
Emmett
Ewan
Ezra
Gabriel
Hugo
Jude
Lennon
Max
Micah
Owen
Rain
Rainn
Rowan
Sebastian

Yay for 23 week Jess, wow that has gone fast.

Walker those are some cute names, the OH and I are down to a choice of two names and we decided that we will wait till baby is born to decided what to call him..

Declan sparrow or
Jasper sparrow.

AFM - scan day today and I am hoping that I am taken off bed rest and can start getting out so hope the length and funneling are OK + baby is getting his mid pregnancy check so I hope all is well with him to.

Good luck two! How would you pronounce Declan? Is the e short or long? I like Jasper.

I really like Clara Elizabeth, but there are some nay sayers that are making me second guess it. Runners up are Alexandria and Charlotte.
I had my prenatle appointment today and all was well. I'm thinking of doing a natural birth. Anyone else?

Yep, I'm planning a natural birth too! I'll be at a birthing center with a midwife. Also, on a side note . . . the cat and cow pose is my new best friend. Feels so good!!

MissA if were to have had a girl she was going to be Charlotte Paige and Charlie for short, I love that name.
Deklan can be another way to spell it so the e is short

I had an appt today and asked Dr. about the weird thing I am having - he is saying it could be just regular growing stuff. That my organs are moving up to accommodate for baby getting bigger. So it just might be that. I am still going to try the Gas-X and see if it's that too.

Two - Good luck at your appt! Good vibes being sent to your cervix! Declan is on our very short list too!

Walker - I like your list of names! You got some great ones on there! My hubby poo-poos everything!!

Anna - I love Clara! Eh, someone is always going to have an opinion! Name your baby what you want! That is what I am saying! I am not going to try to be a hero and do natural - I'd love to but just know that I could never do it!

Walker - I like Emmett and Micah, but they are all nice. I only one one person named Rain spelled Rayne and it's a girl, so I think girl when I see it, but it could go either way.

Two - okay - I have never heard that name before, but I like it. My husbands favorite name is Charlotte. I like it, but wouldn't want people calling her Char...

Snow - my husband is like that too. Everything mostly gets a nah or a meh. I am afraid of the epidural my mom always regreted getting one because she said it screwed with her back. Maybe things are different now. My one friend had a natural birth and said the epidural only helps with the contactions - not the pushing. My OB had 5 kids all natural, so that is how I got talked into it. I might regret it though...lol

Hope everything went well two.

No list of names here. We have a girl and boy name picked out.

I like the name Declan.

I also like Clara Elizabeth.

First day back at work and I of course was busy. But I prefer ot that way. And today marks the halfway point for my little Thumper!

How? By The Bump messing up. And now it's telling me a banana, which is what last week was!

Just have time for a quick post...

Good luck with your apt Two :hugs:

MissA - the thought of an epidural freaks me out too. I really don't like the thought of anybody sticking a needle so close to my spine... So, hopefully I'd like to do without it but I'm not ruling anything out!

Will post properly tomor!

I had my 20 week scan today and baby looks perfect and happy with what they said. The cervix is 35mm and looking good, the funnelling has not got any better but know worse, I can now get up and go about my day with limitations and go for small slow walk. I have to have a scan weekly till I am 24 weeks and only a couple after that till my due date as long as all is well but I dont know how I am going to handle the NO SEX :wacko: I was told this could be till after baby is due :growlmad:I was just starting to get my grove back for wanting it to

I posted this in another forum and was just easy to copy and re paste

Hope all you lovely ladys are well today.x

Hey girls!

Back from 20 week apt and all looking great. :D They don't do anomaly scans here unless there's a family history but we did get a quick scan and all was looking great. Baby was having a lazy day and moving slowly! The hospital was absolutely packed though! We were there for 3 hours and of that we spent about 5 mins with the nurse and maybe another 10 with the obgyn. The rest of it was just waiting....:coffee: Because I'm considered low risk they're letting me go to a midwife run clinic for my next hospital apts at 32 & 36 weeks. (at 24 & 28 wks I just see my regular gp) The midwife clinic only takes 20 patients at a time so that should be much quieter and hopefully a bit more personable!!!

While we were waiting this morning we spoke to a lady who is doing research into why some births end up as unplanned c-sections. She was offering a free well-being scan at 39 weeks to anyone who is having their first baby so that she can gather as much data as possible. I'm to ring her once I'm 34 weeks - hopefully she won't have filled her quota of patients by then!

Two - so glad all was looking well this morning! Enjoy your light walks! Boo to the no bd-ing though!!!

Edit: forgot to say my iron levels are a bit low so it's time to add iron supplements to the mix!

broody and two-glad your apts went well!

two-so sorry to hear about all the limitations, BUT just think-it's all worth it for baby!!!

Sorry for the short post-but have to go get ready for work!

I'm having another one of those "Gah, I just wish I could afford to be a stay-at-home-mom!!!!" days. Freaking out about the future. How in the world can I spend all day in an office while my little guy is out there being cared for by a stranger??? Anyone else in this boat? I want to be a SAHM more than anything but I can't find a way to make it work financially. I know I've been down this road before, so I apologize . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->