super early tests lloyds 5miu?

She still has periods. She is 50. Unless shes pregnant hahahah

lol! It would be so strange being pregnant with my mum!! And i mean REALLY strange cause she's almost 60!! ;)

I was sure i had read about older women and HCG somewhere so i did a google search and found this: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc066500. Here's the interesting part...

"In 2006, the USA hCG Reference Service consulted on the treatment of 120 premenopausal or menopausal women with serum hCG levels above 2 mIU per milliliter. Formal laboratory consultation was requested for 28 of these women; we present the results of the study here. Three women were prematurely menopausal due to primary amenorrhea or surgical oophorectomy at the ages of 29, 35, and 39 years; 25 were naturally perimenopausal or menopausal at the ages of 42 to 69 years. In most cases, hCG was detected during a preoperative or pretreatment evaluation (Table 1TABLE 1
Histories of 28 Menopausal Women with Detectable Levels of hCG.
). The mean (±SD) level of hCG was 9.5±6.5 mIU per milliliter (range, 2.1 to 32.0)"

So basically if a woman is approaching menopause (perimenopausal) or menopause has finished then they can have higher than 5mIU of HCG in their system.

Which makes me wonder how confusing it could possibly be for those women who are TTC in their 40's. I know my mum started going through the change at about 42, which is fairly young. Edited to add: what i mean to say it that these tests would be confusing if you were heading towards the change.

I got these tests and I know I am pregnant so I got my mother to try one and that came up with a faint line. Just shows everyone has tiny hcg in their system and these are a pile of crap

that is why i said it would be a heartbreak to order then since 5 we always have0-5 in our systems at any given time :/

lol! It would be so strange being pregnant with my mum!! And i mean REALLY strange cause she's almost 60!! ;)

I was sure i had read about older women and HCG somewhere so i did a google search and found this: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc066500. Here's the interesting part...

"In 2006, the USA hCG Reference Service consulted on the treatment of 120 premenopausal or menopausal women with serum hCG levels above 2 mIU per milliliter. Formal laboratory consultation was requested for 28 of these women; we present the results of the study here. Three women were prematurely menopausal due to primary amenorrhea or surgical oophorectomy at the ages of 29, 35, and 39 years; 25 were naturally perimenopausal or menopausal at the ages of 42 to 69 years. In most cases, hCG was detected during a preoperative or pretreatment evaluation (Table 1TABLE 1
). The mean (±SD) level of hCG was 9.5±6.5 mIU per milliliter (range, 2.1 to 32.0)"

So basically if a woman is approaching menopause (perimenopausal) or menopause has finished then they can have higher than 5mIU of HCG in their system.

Which makes me wonder how confusing it could possibly be for those women who are TTC in their 40's. I know my mum started going through the change at about 42, which is fairly young. Edited to add: what i mean to say it that these tests would be confusing if you were heading towards the change.

have three friends who where premeno at 30. so yea that would suck too

Premeno at 30 is VERY rare though. Just sayin'

Premeno at 30 is VERY rare though. Just sayin'

more common then u think...just sayin..:)

Yeah my sister in law was premenopausal in her 30s. :( they struggled to conceive for years and had a couple of failed ivf attempts. Now they have two gorgeous adopted twin boys though!! :)

I guess at least a line on these when not pregnant could alert you to a possible issue. Not great news to find out obviously, but better than not knowing?

I bought these... what a waste of money. Did them at 10dpo and got 2 BFN! 4 days later I get a positive on a CB digi! Plus the stupid plastic casing you have to snap off to get a clear look at the test as the orange tint plastic makes it harder to see anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->