Supplement help

Pretty much there tonight I think!! I don't tend to get them much darker than this but we will see! Will be dtd again tonight and see what the opks and temps do tomorrow!!

My temp took a little dip this morning but not as big as it usually would the day I ovulate so don't think it was today. The little dip it did take I think was because I slept awfully last night! It felt like I was awake ALL night. I don't know why because I was tired. I woke at 5 am and laid there until I took my temp at 6am so not surprised if it was a little off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 5
YES! Getting closer! That's awesome. Sounds like you'll have a normal cycle this time, that's promising! And no random spotting yet, right? Things are looking good! How are your temps?

Been a busy weekend. But really great. Sorry I didn't get back on Saturday night to finish my post, I ate dinner and I was wiped. I do have to admit that it's been great having my parents here - my house is always picked up (my mom is obsessively clean), someone else makes dinner, and when I give Chase a bath, the dishes all get done. And when my mom is bored, she does my laundry. AMAZING.

AND - yesterday, my parents took Chase with them to see my brother and his family, so Chase got to play with all her cousins again. And Bryan and I got to stay home. Alone. For almost 6 hours. He played around on his truck and then took a nap, and I cleaned my craft room. And stayed in my pajamas all day. It was glorious! And totally necessary. I couldn't even walk into my craft room anymore.

Starting to feel a little pregnant. Not a lot. Just a little. No morning sickness yet (hoping it stays away, but I'm sure I'll find out within a week or so - I was just over 6 weeks with Chase when it started to kick in). But my stomach is upset more easily, my back hurts a little more than it has recently, and my skin is breaking out and I'm grouchy. Sounds an awful lot like PMS, except I have a positive HPT. So, fun fun. Headache is gone, though, so that's a plus. Oh, and I've managed to gain 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks. What??? Maybe I do need the morning sickness to kick in so I stop eating everything in sight....

Chase got to play with her cousins Friday night, and she played HARD. She didn't get to sleep until almost 10pm - and then woke up at 6am on Saturday. She did take 2 naps on Saturday though, which she rarely does anymore, and she went to bed at 7pm Saturday night. Girl was wiped! She got to play with her cousins yesterday again, which was a lot of fun for her. We are now dealing with a red, sore blistered bottom. She doesn't usually get diaper rash, except for when she's teething. Those top canines are coming in - I can see the tip has cut through the gums. When that happens she gets super gassy, gets a runny nose, and a really bad diaper rash. Poor girl :(

2 weeks and 4 days until my 8 week scan. It seems so far away! I got that first very very faint positive 2 weeks ago today, and that seems like AGES ago. Ugh. I thought the second pregnancy was supposed to go faster??? Like, because you're busier and don't have time to obsess over it? That's a lie!

I got to hold my sweet little niece this weekend, BTW. She's teeny. Like, lost a good amount of weight so she's skinny, but overall she's a tiny, delicate baby. Small-boned, small-featured, long skinny fingers and toes. I swear I don't remember Chase ever being that small, even though I know she was. It just made me ache inside. It's going to be a long 8 months now.

I'm wearing all black today. I look like I'm about to attend a funeral. It doesn't match my newly very-blonde hair. I should be wearing spring colors. But it's cold!

Okay, back to work now. Hope you got some good BD in last night! And a good glass of wine, of course....

XO
Marie

Sorry I had to come and quote your last message as my reply was on a new page so I couldn't read what you'd written to be able to reply to you!

No, fingers crossed, no random spotting this cycle, totally praying it stays that way!! This cycle is looking much more normal. Good luck keeping me sane in the tww!!

Your day relaxing and chilling in pjs sounds like heaven!! Very jealous! And I love that you have a craft room!! That's so cool, I wondered what you did with all those rooms in your house! I'd have to win the lotto to afford a house big enough for a craft room haha!

That's good you are starting to feel a bit more pregnant, I hope the morning sickness stays away for you, but a few symptoms in first tri are pretty reassuring I think. Don't quote me on this haha but I'm up for full on puking and feeling like death if it means I know I feel very pregnant!! I mean I did feel pregnant with the mc, but I did notice the sickness tailed off about 9 weeks which was earlier than with Freya.

So omg, Freya also has a really bad, sore nasty nappy rash, and she also never gets nappy rash!! Poor little thing has been crying and screaming in pain when we put cream on and changing her nappy really often. I wondered if she was teething. I hate seeing her in pain and I hate that she thinks I'm hurting her when I do her nappy. Poor babies. I hope they both get better soon.

Right got to go and wash up, ill reply more after that. Shepherds pie again tonight!!!

I'm back. Awww yes I bet your new niece is gorgeous!! Seeing babies makes me super broody again now!

I like wearing all black sometimes, makes me feel thinner! Today I wore a black top, black leggings, brown and black flowery skirt and brown boots. Oh and a cardigan obviously! Black.

Right I'm totally knackered and off to bed for dtd and a full nights sleep!! I hope!

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, it's been a long couple of days. Work has gotten insanely busy and I'm struggling to keep up! Exhausted tonight, am laying in bed on my phone to write this - so may be a little short.

I took a peek at your chart again - that's a good dip, looks like right on time for a temp spike in the morning! I'll be watching!!! Your opk looks very promising - and your BD schedule is great!

Chase's diaper rash is all better - thank goodness. It was a rough few days. It's so hard when they fight every diaper change like that. Lately (as in the last 2 months) Chase has been fighting getting her hair washed. She does great with bath some nights - other nights not so great. We only wash her hair every 2-3 days but it's a knock down drag out fight every single time. I don't know what to do anymore! My mom keeps telling me she's turning 2 early...ha! Don't i know it.

Okay, shutting things down now. Will try to write more in the morning!

XO
Marie

Headache. Headache. Headache. It's back and it's worse and I can't shake it. I'm wondering if it's not a lingering sinus infection? I don't know. My neck is crazy tight and sore. The headache is at my left eye, on my brow bone. When I try to rub that area it's super sore. UGH.

I highly recommend Mega Foods Baby and Me supplements!

Whole food supplements help your body absorb all vitamins. Many generic vitamins are not good quality and will not absorb properly. Baby and Me has raspberry leaf, ginger and other herbs (I think evening primrose might be in there too.) it actually helps with my morning sickness. (I've forgotten in the am and regretted it later).

Good luck this cycle!

I highly recommend Mega Foods Baby and Me supplements!

Whole food supplements help your body absorb all vitamins. Many generic vitamins are not good quality and will not absorb properly. Baby and Me has raspberry leaf, ginger and other herbs (I think evening primrose might be in there too.) it actually helps with my morning sickness. (I've forgotten in the am and regretted it later).

Good luck this cycle!

Thanks!
I used plant-based for that reason (absorption), but hadn't heard of that brand.
So the raspberry leaf/evening primrose - I've heard that you shouldn't take those throughout pregnancy because they can cause uterine contractions. I also heard that raspberry leaf can help strengthen the uterus, so maybe that's why it's in there? Will definitely look into this when I run out of mine!

Oh Marie I'm so sorry you still have this headache. It must be hormone related. I wonder if your dr or midwife could recommend anything to ease it? Not a nice early pregnancy symptom at all. I hope it goes away soon.

Freya's nappy rash is almost better too but she's still resisting having her nappy changed. It's a nightmare especially after a poo as she just clamps her legs shut and I can't wipe it.

We have a sort of flannel that goes over your hand for bath time. He's called bath time bear and he's very authoritive!! She seems to love him, she calls him bb bear and she just does what he says?! So if I say Freya, bath time bear is going to wash your hair now, in a deep voice (haha) she just says ok. Sometimes she friends but she doesn't seem to mind it too much yet. I think as they get closer to two it does get harder in many ways!

I'm not sure what's going on with me. My pos opk was Monday and opk is def negative now. But temp dipped again yesterday and today. I think so, I messed up my temps this morning as I woke up at 5am and went for a wee. Then when I couldn't sleep I took my temp and it was 97.05. Pretty low. Then at 6am I took it again after lying in bed and it was 97.45 but I guess neither were accurate. So despite having dtd the last 3 nights, I think maybe I ovulated today. Either that or I have had a surge and not ovulated at all. So stressful. I'm so sick of ttc.

Tonight I have some lovely face packs I bought today and am going to have a nice early bath, face pack and a glass of wine and an early night so ill hopefully sleep until 6am and get an accurate temp tomorrow so at least I know what's going on.

Sorry work is so manic. Roll on the weekend, I bet you can't wait. I am working Saturday 6am to 7pm as we have a big event on and I am hosting.

We went to a singing and story time at the library today which was lovely, Freya really enjoyed it. She's shattered now and just watching in the night garden before bed.

I hope you're feeling better. Speak soon (but don't stress about replying while you're feeling in Hun, we can message more when you have more energy, I totally understand how you must be feeling). :hugs:

Xx

I saw your temp spike! Woohoo! That's one hell of a jump! Looking forward to some crosshairs :)

Will write more later. Stupid headache is still here. I'm struggling. Have a call in to the dr yesterday, still haven't heard back. Ugh.

I think my headache is related to me not drinking enough water. I usually drink tons, but for some reason I haven't been the last week or so. Need to make a conscious effort to do better about that. I think hormones are still playing a part in there as well, but the severity tends to increase when I am not drinking water. I usually flavor my water, but finding the artificial sweetener pretty nasty these days. But I can't handle regular water. Thinking maybe I need to grab a bottle of lemon juice, maybe that'll help me get it down!

Also have a pain in my neck, up at the base of my skull. Thinking they're somehow related - tension headache. I put a heat pad on my neck last night and it helped a lot. Will try to do the same tonight.

Remember what I said about not wishing this pregnancy to hurry up and end? That when I did fall pregnant, i would enjoy and relish it? Yeah...I'm finding that hard to do. And I'm only 6 weeks (probably less), so....yeah. It's going to be a long 34 more weeks!

On the plus side, I'm craving fruits and veggies now. I never had that craving with Chase. But yesterday I pulled out some sandwich meat for lunch and about gagged. I put it back. I'd brought some bell peppers and those really hit the spot. I went and bought some tomato soup, and that was pretty good. I'm thinking my body is thirsty! Also craving tacos now. Not the fast food kind, the homemade, crumbly ground beef kind, with lots of salsa and lettuce. I'm pretty sure that'll be lunch today. And possibly dinner tonight.

Now I'm hungry.

I hope you enjoyed your bath and face packs. That sounds heavenly. I wonder if that might help my headache? I have to go to the pharmacy today to pick up my (preemptive) prescription for Zofran - if the nausea hits on Saturday, I don't want to have to wait until Monday to be able to do something about it.

Will have to invest in a bath time bear of my own. Anything is worth a shot!

My parents have their first "assignment" with Chase in a couple of weeks. Just got the April calendar for her school, and Friday the 11th is Family Picnic Day. The same time as our first scan! So I'm sending my parents for us, I think they'll love it!

I told my boss last night about the pregnancy. I wasn't planning on it for another two weeks (we have a status meeting every Wednesday), but she can be moody, and when she's in a bad mood - it's just not a time to break that kind of news to her! Well, she was in an exceptionally good mood last night, so I decided not to waste the opportunity! She was excited. Her immediate reaction was "I knew it!" I laughed and asked her how she knew and she basically said that well, she didn't know exactly, but knew it was coming, based on Chase's age, etc. She's super happy for me, and was very kind about the timing (I'm due right in the middle of our busiest time of year). I had already planned on telling her before the rest of my team, because if something does happen, I'd like to be able to let her know without actually having to tell her - if that makes sense? Like, if I tell her that something is wrong and I won't be in for a few days, she will know what's going on. She's good about being silent, too. She won't ask me what's wrong, and she'll be sensitive to it all.

So that one is done. Now I feel like I can hold in the news until after first tri. Yay!

Okay. Pregnancy rant and rave is over. I have my fingers and toes crossed SO HARD for you this cycle. It's looking really great, with the timing of O, the BD, your hormones and temps - I hope this is it and we can be 2014 bump buddies!

Alright, back to work now. Busy day ahead. And tacos. There are tacos ahead.

XO
Marie

Headache is better as long as I am eating. Maybe blood sugar? I don't know, but it would explain why it's worse in the mornings. I'm not much of a morning eater - but I might have to be!

Hope you're having a great day!

I'm glad the headache is a bit better if you eat often, maybe that was the key. Keep your fluids and food intake up and take it easy. Plus do try the warm bath and face pack, relaxing can't hurt at all can it.

Craving fruit and veggies is brilliant! I'd love to crave healthy stuff next time round, last time it was salty stuff and then sweet stuff, scones and clotted cream nom nom!

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, had a bit of a rough day. A friend at work who found out recently he had a brain tumour, had surgery a few weeks back and the results came back that he has grade 3 cancer. He's only 26. It's such a shock and so scary for him. It really puts my worries into perspective.

I'm feeling totally shatter and exhausted tonight. I haven't been sleeping well. Temping doesn't help as when I am anxious to see what my temp is doing I wake up early and then because I know I need to sleep for an accurate temp it makes me worse! Thursday morning I woke at 3am! Luckily I did get a bit more sleep before my 6am alarm. I had another temp hike today too.

Then today hubby had the day off and we went for a day out to another lovely seaside town. We had brunch and a late lunch, wandered round all the lovely shops, and I got a pair of sandals, a new handbag and a jumper. Ill try and posta pic of them! Freya got a pink ball to play with! Took her to the Disney store which she loved, her lunch was a picnic in the park and she loved the pier!

Early night tonight as I'm working tomorrow, we have a new motor sport event at work and I'm working 6am to 7pm. It will be good but I need some sleep!! Then Sunday is Mother's Day in the uk so ill be being spoilt haha!!

What are you up to this weekend?

I've been feeling sick today, I think my hormone levels are back again, as I seem to sometimes feel a bit sick just after ovulation and I wondered its progesterone rising. They do say progesterone symptoms are like mild pregnancy symptoms. Kind of sucks, happy to feel sick if I'm pregnancy, but not if I'm not!!

Anyway we've just had a Chinese, going to have a shower and crawl into bed. Hope all is good with you.

Xxxx

Long day. I went to bed early last night, exhausted. House is a mess.

DH helped my parents unload boxes and furniture so I had Chase to myself for a good chunk of the day, and she fought naptime hard! Then I realized that we have no good in the house, so we went out to dinner. Again. I've had takeout or restaurant food for the last 4 days and I am so sick of it. Craving something healthy. Easy. Light. Will probably eat carrot sticks all day tomorrow! Plus I'm pretty certain I can't blame this weekend's weight gain on my pregnancy! I swear I'm eating all the time to keep that headache away (it's working!), even when I'm not hungry. I don't need to gain 10 lbs before my first visit!

Hope your workday was good and busy! Though your Friday off with the family does sound lovely!

Will write more tomorrow. I'm in bed and ready to call it a night!

XO
Marie

Laying down trying to get a nap in while Chase goes down for hers. I slept horrible last night. Congested again, so had a hard time sleeping, and I woke up at 2am and could not fall back asleep! Ugh! Glad I'm not still temping because I would lose my mind with that too! Speaking of temping, I saw you got crosshairs for cd19, yay!!! You're 4dpo now, well into the tww! Woohoo! I'm crossing everything I have for you this month!

So sorry to hear about your coworker - that is scary! I know what you mean about perspective. DH and a friend were out golfing a couple months ago, and his friend (who is 35!) had a mood heart attack right there on the golf course! Very mild, he actually drove himself home (because he didn't think that's what it was) but later that night his wife made him go to the emergency room and they told him he did in fact have one. It's scary to think that someone so young could have something so wrong. But at least a heart attack is somewhat preventable. Brain tumor...my gosh. I don't even know how I would process that.

On a happier note, I hope you enjoy your Mother's Day! Do anything special?

I'm going to try to get this nap in. Have a morning full of grocery shopping ahead of me!

XO
Marie

Hi Marie!

I hope you did get some rest and a nap while chase was asleep. Get all the naps you can at the moment, the early days of pregnancy are SO exhausting. With my last pregnancy I fretted so much over sorting the house out and it can all wait. Speaking of which, my house is a total tip at the moment. Desperately need some time and energy to clean it.

I also wouldn't worry too much about eating and gaining weight while pregnant, it's pretty much the only time us girls can eat what we like guilt free and you'll loose it all after while breast feeding etc. I am starting a diet tomorrow though, I feel awful being a stone over weight and don't want to get any bigger :-(

Yesterday at work was amazing but knackering, 13 hours shift! When I got home hubby had a bottle of prosecco and had cooked dinner and then I fell into bed for a long sleep. He let me have a lie in this morning, although the clocks did go back an hour. It's Mother's Day today and Freya got me a bunch of flowers and a scented gift set from white company, plus 2 cards (1 home made from nursery) and a flower pot she painted at nursery <3 it's been so sunny in England today! Beautiful day. We went out for breakfast by the sea and sat outside. Then we met my dad and my cousin and her two children at an outdoor museum for the day and wandered round chatting, laughing, playing ball and eating ice cream and looking at horses, cows, pigs, hens etc. it's been bliss. Husband wasn't to pleased that a bird pooed on his expensive leather jacket but my dad says its good luck so maybe it's my bfp this month haha!

Thanks for keeping everything crossed, I don't really dare believe it could happen tho, ill be so disappointed if it doesn't but I'm getting used to that now. Was really pleased to get my cross hairs though. Only just over a week to go now and to be honest I've been so so busy I haven't had time to dwell on it. Work tomorrow and have my acupuncture after work.

Gosh so scary for your husbands friend, do they know why he had the heart attack? It just shows how precious and short life can be. We often take our mortality for granted and we really shouldn't. Every day is a blessing.

Ok I better go and help hubby sort dinner. Has the time difference between us changed now? 8.30pm here. Dinner and bed ready for another week. I hope you are ok, hang in there, first tri won't be long and then you'll have some more energy soon.

I hope you've had a lovely weekend. Have your parents settled in ok?

Xxxx

i have just ordered myself some agnus castus and was wondering if anyone else recommends anything else? I am willing to try anything!!

xxx thanks

I'm taking agnus castus and starflower oil. So far so good! X

Happy Monday!

Looks like we are about 6 hours apart again. Back on track...your 8:30p was my 2:30p :)

Having a good day today. I ate cereal just as soon as I got to work. Been having some little snacks all day. Trying to keep my fluids up - finding that room temp water with a little lemon juice is the only thing that works for me right now, so I'm going to stick with that! Just had some lunch - some creamy asparagus and artichoke heart soup I made last night (oh YUM!), and some tuna. I remembered from Chase's pregnancy that you should limit canned tuna while pregnant. So I looked it up today, and it's supposed to be 1 can every 3-4 days. Well, that's going to be tough for me, because it's SO convenient, and a really good source of protein. BUT - if the can is 6 ounces, and the pouch is 2.5 ounces, then surely I can eat a pouch every 2 days, right?

Chase had a massive meltdown this morning. It actually became kind of funny. She woke up late and so we had to jump right from breakfast to diaper and getting dressed. Well, she wanted to play. So she freaked out. Like, massively. Because diaper changes and getting dressed are the WORST things we as parents could do to her. DH had to hold her down while I changed her, it was amusing. She's strong for such a little thing!!!

My parents are getting settled. They've now had 2 nights in their own bed, and they're pretty excited. I think they were ready to have their own stuff back, their own space!

So - I got into an argument with my mom and I'm trying to figure out if I'm being unreasonable, but it made me really angry (which my mom is blaming on pregnancy hormones, which makes me angrier). Well, obviously my parents know about the pregnancy, and we've asked them to keep it quiet. A few days after they arrived, we had a small get-together and a friend of mine came over. In front of her, my mom looks at me and says "Does Kristina know?" Which basically forced me to tell my friend, because she knew we had been trying and at that point, had guessed. I got irritated at my mom, and she asked "Well, what should I have asked, then?" NOTHING. You should have said NOTHING and assumed that she did not know and I was not going to tell her.

Last night, they came over to pick up something. That's when my mom told me that she called my younger brother and asked him if he knew I was pregnancy. STRAIGHT OUT. Again she says, "Well, what was I supposed to say?" NOTHING. Assume he does not know unless he brings it up. (He knew, but I had literally just told him the night before.) And then she tells me that she's told her new neighbors. People who I don't know, but if I miscarry, will absolutely know about it. I'm incredibly frustrated. I know she's excited, and I know she means well, but I'm finding it really disrespectful and it's bothering me. I tried to explain to her why I didn't want anyone else to know, but she basically just said that I wasn't going to lose the baby. She never lost a baby, why would I lose a baby? At that point we dropped the conversation, but it still gets on my nerves to think about. I'm not sure if I should just let it be, or if I should try to talk to her about it again. Would it even do any good at this point?

Okay, rant over. Sorry for venting, I just needed to get that out.

Your mother's day sounds great! And I so hope that your husband's pooped-on leather jacket will bring amazing luck!

We got chinese last night, and my fortune cookie was again something really cool. I don't remember the exact wording, but something along the lines of "a small gift will be bringing joy and blessings to your family." I put in up on my wall, along with the other one from right before my BFP. Hoping it's good luck!

I need to get back to work, something went wrong in one of our systems and I have to clean it up. Sorry for such a me-me-me post today. I did check out your chart first thing this morning (because I'm a stalker) and was excited to see your temp up again. All looking good! I hope acupuncture is great for you today!

XO
Marie

Hi lovely,

Gosh.... Your mum. I would be FUMING!!! I totally agree I don't understand why she felt she would need to say anything at all in front of your friend or to your brother. It's not pregnancy hormones Hun, I would be very cross if anyone including my mum had done that. I would definitely have another chat with her. I know she is excited and genuinely thinks you would never have a miscarriage (and I'm sure you won't!) but it is so much more common than most of us realise sadly and that's why it should always be your decision who you tell before you've reached 12 weeks and had your scan etc.

This is why I was so cross my mil told her sister, her niece, her frigging uncles wife (who I've met 3-4 times and she sent me a sympathy card about it and mentioned her loss?!) and her running friend about my loss. I don't know those people, I do not want them knowing my personal business. If you have a miscarriage you want to decide who you tell. I ended up telling a lot of my friends anyway even tho they didn't know I was pregnant but it's one thing to tell them when you are ready, it's another thing feeling you need to contact people to tell them while you are going through a loss.

Anyway, chances at this stage are so high now that all is absolutely fine with your baby but I totally get why you don't want to tell people until you are ready. And also, whose to say you weren't planning a cute or special way to tell your friend.

Sorry work is so busy, mine had been manic today as well, my emails are out of control! I'm still tired from such a busy weekend and I work with numbers and just didn't feel very 'sharp'!

Acupuncture was good today thanks, I feel good. Really mellow and content but also positive and motivated. I've had pinchy cramping today which has had me a bit stressed out because my spotting and bleeding started on 5 dpo last month, but nothing so far today, just loads of creamy cm.

Yes I'd say a pouch of Tuna every 2 days is fine when they are so much smaller. I've started back on slimming world today and eaten loads of salad and fruit. For tea I made slimming world coronation chicken with jacket potato which was really yummy.

Right, I'm off for a shower and an early night! I'm glad you are feeling a bit better and don't apologise for the rant, that's what I'm here for :)

Speak soon. Xxxxx

OMG...... So, totally randomly a girl at work bought in about 20 fortune cookies to work today as her husband eats a lot of Chinese!! I had a strong feeling to open the bright pink packet one.

Lets hope this is an omen!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh