Supplement help

MarieMo7

#girlmom
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm on my final cycle TTC until we officially take a break for a few months, so I want to break out all the big guns.

I am on Clomid, so need to stay away from actual fertility aids (i.e., vitex), but I got Evening Primrose Oil, CoQ10, B-50 Complex, baby aspirin, and B-6. No clue on dosages, frequency, etc.

Can anybody help, or help me find a good online resource?

I do already take guaifanesin around ovulation, since Clomid can cause dryness. We did also get a PreSeed-like product this cycle - just in case!

Thanks in advance, ladies!

Hi hun, I take...

400mg of q10 split up throughout the day.
3000mg of epo again spread out through the day.
75mg of aspirin

I spread the others out to help with absorption, I don't take any of the others so can't help with that.

hope this helps :thumbup:

Oh you can also try a glass of grapefruit juice from af to O to help with cm, it works wonders for me and I have next to no fertile cm ever!

Evening primrose can change the date of your ovulation, so track carefully if you decide to take that. It should also be stopped after ovulation.

Before I had IVF I had a consultation and I told my doctor the huge list of supplements I was taking at the time and he told me to ditch all of them except Omega 3. He said it was the only thing worth taking (along with folic acid and possibly a pregnancy multi-vit if I felt I didn't get a balanced enough diet). The Omega 3 must be taken from 'fish oil', NOT 'fish liver oil'. Find a source that is definitely okay for pregnancy.

I still take that, but I've also added calcium and co-enzyme Q10 back. I take baby aspirin now too, since my miscarriages - 75mg a day, must be taken with food, must be carried on into pregnancy if you're successful, at least until you see your midwife who will advise you on if/when to stop it.

I also take 4x the recommended amount of folic acid. It is water soluble so you urinate out any excess, which gives bright yellow pee! I have a bright pee about 3 hours after taking it, so I know I'm taking too much, but it's cheap and I'd rather have too much than not enough.

I don't know about the other things on your list, sorry.

I take 4mg of folic acid and 81 mg aspirin (from O to AF). I tried the Vitamin B50 complex this cycle (2 a day) and it really screwed up my O day..I thought I was 8 dpo yesterday but turn out I haven't even O yet (another positive OPK and lots of ewcm)

Thanks ladies. What exactly is the aspirin supposed to do? I don't have a history of miscarriage, so not sure if this is something I should be taking?

I conceived my first on clomid & that too on my last cycle on it. I was also takin guaifanesin & epo but only different thing i did that cycle was to use Preseed! I honestly beleived ot helped used it every time we bed 1.5 mg & second time ttc #2 only thing i used was preseed & opk & conceived first cycle. Wishing u luck x

Evening primrose can change the date of your ovulation, so track carefully if you decide to take that. It should also be stopped after ovulation.

What do you mean by change...earlier, later, or could go either way? Curious here because I usually O on CD18-19 and have a 14-16 day LP, so it makes for some pretty long cycles. Would be nice to go shorter but don't think I can handle longer, lol! I do BBT and OPK and cervical checks so I guess I'll see if it does anything on that front!

I have to say epo has never changed my o date, that's the first time I have heard that?

I've read it can delay ovulation. Same as you Marie I want my cycle shorter not longer so I'm not going to risk it. I'm drinking grapefruit juice daily for cm and using conceive plus instead.

Yeah, I read it can delay ovulation but mine was extra early the one month I used it. Might have been a coincidence but I was wanting to prolong it that month and so I never used it again! I don't think it affects everyone, just that there's a possibility.

Yes def doesn't affect everyone. I just decided not to take the risk x

Hey Mrs. W - we're on the same cycle again! I'm on CD5 today. I'll see you in the TWW! :) Here's to hoping we give our July girls a November sibling!!!

Hey Marie! What cd do you ov on? I don't usually ov until about cd21 so I've got a bit of a wait yet. I'm thinking of trying soy next cycle if I'm not lucky this time to bring ov day forward a bit, have you ever tried it or heard anything?

Ooh yes November babies. I'm dreaming of sitting under the sparkly Christmas trees nights cuddling a newborn :) fingers crossed!

I'm usually between CD18-20 - so not too far off from you. I've never tried soy, but plan on doing Vitex once we get off Clomid. I used it one cycle last time I was TTC and I did ovulate using it, just didn't fall pregnant. Not sure what CD it was then though bc I had come off BCP just a few months prior and hadn't had a period in awhile. Either way, it worked well enough to get me a period, which I needed to start on Clomid!

November babies are a great way to make sure you see all of your loved ones at Christmas - in the comfort of your own home! It just sounds magical :)

I'll be pulling hard for you this cycle! How long did it take you to conceive your first?

First cycle with my dd and first cycle with my mmc last nov. I'm just hoping my body is ready now and that we can cover the bases with dtd! I don't think my anxiety about it all is helping, I'm so desperate to be pregnant now.

Oh I see, I've read about vitex. Hopefully the clomid works for you this time then.

I just looked and I ov-ed cd 20 with my daughter and 19 or 20 with mc ( didn't temp that one) so maybe a bit earlier but still feels like ages away ! X

I hear you on the desperation to be pregnant! With my daughter we conceived on our first ovulatory cycle on Clomid. We are on cycle 6 this time around with no luck, and it's gut-wrenching - especially since I know that we're taking a break after this round if we're not pregnant. I guess it would be easier to get through the day knowing that I don't need to obsessively check what my chart is looking like, or symptom checking like crazy. I didn't have time to get obsessive with my daughter, it all happened so fast! LOL, wishing that were the case now.

I understand how you feel. When it happened first time again with pregnancy no 2 I took it for granted tbh, now I'd give anything those those 2 ones in a test again.

Plus having longer cycles doesn't help does it, when we have to wait a week longer than some of our cycle buddies!

Why are you taking a break after this month, sorry I've forgotten? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"