surely this cant be right!

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
Attempted to measure LO today and got 81cm
looked in book and that is waaay of the scale surely i measured wrong!

what does everyones LO's measure ?

We measured LO last night on the changing table-we moved her heals towards the wooden end and got a book to level the head and measured that length-60cms.

LO was never measured for length before. We are curious as OH and all his family are 6ft 3 and above and i'm 5ft 8. The red book explains that LO will usually be on an average of the parents height.

my son was measured a month ago and he was 64cm. i think hes got to be at least 70cm-ish now. i dont measure him myself, i get it done when i go to the h/v for his weighing. he'll be 6 months old next week so i might go get him weighed and measured some time next month.

all babies are different though, my son is pretty long, he has been since birth (his daddy is 6'4" so he must get it from him, im only 5'4" lol).

if you have any concerns you could speak to the h/v. xx

my HV's never take his lengh, he was measured once at birth!

I'm 5ft' 5 and his had is 5'6ish so not really tall but my family is tall and he is really long but i didnt think he was THAT long, think i'll remeasure tomorrow !

Omar was 81 cm few weeks back & he's at 95-98th percentile for length. I guess you measured him wrong hun.

yeah im gussing i did as it's not just a little bit over the line it was like at the very top for an 11 month old!

I wish they would measure my LO more often. He's been measured once since birth.

Hi Hun, funny you should mention about length, we tried to do it first time today! We are not sure if its perfect but we got 28 inches or 71cms.. In the book I think it says its the 50th centile I was getting paranoid about her 'height' even though she has outgrown her up to 9 month clothes, Im so silly.. I think try again tomorow, if your lo is 80cm thats very long! xxxx

After reading this thread, i have just measured lo and he is 71cm xx

I measured my 13 month old yesterday, and he measured 72cm...which puts him on the 2nd percentile!

Short ar*e!!!

No wonder he's only just outgrowing his 6-9 month clothes! :haha:

He's longer in the body than his legs tbh still in 6-9 month jeans as his legs are little but 9-12 vests

this is how long he is ..
https://i55.tinypic.com/2mg59h0.jpg

he looks fine.
oh and i must add, hes adorable. :)

my h/v said they dont measure babies often because it can be hard to get a proper measurement. but he got measured at 6-9 weeks old and then it wasnt until i asked them to do it when he was 4 months old.

it is hard to get the right sizes for them when they measure strangely. my son is in 3-6 months (at the moment) for his length but his belly is slim so his jeans are too big still, but hes not under-weight though.

He's longer in the body than his legs tbh still in 6-9 month jeans as his legs are little but 9-12 vests

Looking at your pic, that looks about how Ollie looks on his changing mat.

Ollie is exactly the same too - 9-12 vests, but still 6-9 for trousers, and he was about 72cm yesterday...mind you, I was trying to measure him whilst he was trying to walk away from me, so not exactly accurate!! Hee hee!!

Aww, bless him, he's sooo cute. You can see from my avatar that the rails of his bed reaches his mid chest at 1 year (lowest setting) @ 80-81 cms

ETA: here is a photo of Omar standing at 12 months xx

This is really interesting, does anyone have their red book handy to check for me, 71cm at 19 weeks (on tues)
Thanks in advance if anyone can.
I have been noticing over last couple of days that his tops dont seem to fit right, like another poster said, long body, short legs lol. He is in 3-6 jeans and am now having to buy 6-9 month tops xx he must be tall for his age :)

he looks fine.
oh and i must add, hes adorable. :)

my h/v said they dont measure babies often because it can be hard to get a proper measurement. but he got measured at 6-9 weeks old and then it wasnt until i asked them to do it when he was 4 months old.

it is hard to get the right sizes for them when they measure strangely. my son is in 3-6 months (at the moment) for his length but his belly is slim so his jeans are too big still, but hes not under-weight though.

ahh i might ask them to measure him then i want to know!
yeah it's really hard i have the opposite problem, LO has a porky belly so the 6-9 are getting a little tight on the waist but are fine on length!
Try getting the adjustable waist jeans from next hun, then you can adjust them to fit his belly

x

Looking at your pic, that looks about how Ollie looks on his changing mat.

Ollie is exactly the same too - 9-12 vests, but still 6-9 for trousers, and he was about 72cm yesterday...mind you, I was trying to measure him whilst he was trying to walk away from me, so not exactly accurate!! Hee hee!!

my LO was trying to grab the measure. little monkey! i had someone think he was 1 the other week i was like no he's 8 months :lol:
im glad he's long otherwise he would look really chubby, atm he's really shot up and evened out loads even his face isnt as chubby as it used to be. i find vests last for very little time, not sure if it's just me but i always seem to shirnk them :(

x

This is really interesting, does anyone have their red book handy to check for me, 71cm at 19 weeks (on tues)
Thanks in advance if anyone can.
I have been noticing over last couple of days that his tops dont seem to fit right, like another poster said, long body, short legs lol. He is in 3-6 jeans and am now having to buy 6-9 month tops xx he must be tall for his age :)

from my workings out its the 98th line,
i have a yellow book though but i think it's the same!

Aww, bless him, he's sooo cute. You can see from my avatar that the rails of his bed reaches his mid chest at 1 year (lowest setting) @ 80-81 cms

ETA: here is a photo of Omar standing at 12 months xx

aww he's so cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back