Surprise??

Camia

Reaction score
I don't really know where to put this so I guessed, I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

So boyfriend and I have been WTT. We for sure want kids and probably in the near (or nearish) future but there's a lot going on right now that needs to settle down and I'm not 100% sure I'm ready. I love kids and have wanted my own for ages but every time I start to think about the life-altering reality of it I get kind of panicky and feel like not yet.

AF was a few days late. Now this isn't really a big deal for me as it's fairly irregular and is often off of what I try to predict, even sometimes by 4 or 5 days. I've also been on antibiotics for a UTI, I just barely finished them, and I think I read somewhere at some point that can cause delays in your cycle--correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't actually looked into it. But I've felt...off for the last day or 2. Nothing really bothersome, nothing I can pinpoint, nothing I'd really call symptoms aside from the late AF, just a little bit, vaguely off. I honestly hadn't really thought much about it until this evening. But I'm kind of an anxious person and had a test lying around so I figured for the sake of peace of mind it wouldn't hurt.

When I mentioned it to boyfriend before I tested he agreed that it was probably nothing. He even went so far as to point out that we haven't done "the deed" as much as normal this month due to everything else going on and, basically, unless I ovulated really early and there was some sort of slip up we didn't catch it should be almost impossible. But to be fair I don't really track my cycle, just roughly guess.

Test is positive.

Big, fat, instant positive.

Boyfriend went white as a sheet when he saw it. Immediately said we need to get more because he didn't trust that one since at one point it had been left (in wrapper in box) in the glove box of the car for multiple nights so the temperature could've done something to it. And, because Google is our friend, a list of reasons for false positives had medications and UTIs on it. So we got another package but I'm waiting for morning to test again. Can't sleep. I'm cycling between a surreal, lightheaded dreamlike state and total gripping panic.

Help, I guess? Is he right? What do I do?

I have no idea how weather can affect tests . But I would take another test if it helps to reassure you :D

I did take one of the ones we bought last night. Another positive. Still kinda panicking.

It is most likely positive. I would try again with a different brand to make absolutely sure, if you want certainty :)

It is most likely positive. I would try again with a different brand to make absolutely sure, if you want certainty :)

That's what I'm thinking. This one is a different brand than the first one and both are pretty dang clear positives

It will probably take a while to sink in. It won't feel real at the moment <3

It will probably take a while to sink in. It won't feel real at the moment <3
It really doesn't. There's a local clinic that specializes in unexpected pregnancies and offers free ultrasounds to confirm and find out how far along I am, and will help us find a doctor, so we're going to try to go tomorrow

Thanks guys. It's slowly sinking in. Boyfriend is transitioning from shocked to happy (and is already thinking up names) and I think I'll get there eventually. I just want to know 100% for sure right now and hate that I can't really do much more yet. I hate sitting around doing nothing.

No idea how I'm going to break it to my family and right now it's the main thing getting to me. They're all about waiting until I'm at least 30 (I'm within the first half of my 20s), and don't all really consider my job a "real" job. I'm sure they'll go off on how we should've been more careful, I need to get a "real job" now, all that.

The time is never perfect but I hope that your family will be accepting and supportive.

Just got back from the clinic. No ultrasound today but I have an appointment for 2 weeks from now. They said I'm 5 weeks 3 days and gave us a list of doctors and resources to get some coverage and stuff to help with medical costs, and some prenatal vitamins. And a baby blanket. It has foxes on it.

This is getting really real really fast.

Well we have told a few key people. My best friend, because I really needed to tell someone I knew 100% would be supportive without question, and boyfriend's parents as he really felt like he needed to tell them. They're super excited, have been wanting a grandkid forever, so that's a big load off. They've offered to help with anything we need, including dealing with my family if they're not on board right away. Really grateful for them.

Also the baby has been nicknamed Hatchling by my best friend, thanks to my dragon obsession. She's always said she's not a fan of kids but I think she's secretly excited too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->