Surrogacy

I'm tired of replying to all these posts and being jumped on for having a different opinion to what's popular. In summary:

- Surrogacy for reasons other than infertility is, in my opinion, inherently selfish when the option to adopt is available
- It is never a good idea to deliberately remove a child from one of its parents or deliberately deprive it of a mother or father figure
- Surrogacy is a poorly-regulated system in a lot of countries open to abuse and massively unequal in its distribution
- Surrogacy is abused by the very rich
- It is not a "right" to pass on your genes

For everyone who thinks commercial surrogacy is all rainbows and butterflies and anyone who questions any part of it is an evil bigot, please feel free to search online for research on the moral and ethical issues it raises and see that it's not only the anti-gay brigade talking about it.

But you made presumptions about someones fertility based on very little.

I agree it isnt a right, but I dont think it is fair/right that a same-sex couple has less 'right' to pass on their genes than others simply because of their sexual orientation.

I'm tired of replying to all these posts and being jumped on for having a different opinion to what's popular. In summary:

- Surrogacy for reasons other than infertility is, in my opinion, inherently selfish when the option to adopt is available
- It is never a good idea to deliberately remove a child from one of its parents or deliberately deprive it of a mother or father figure
- Surrogacy is a poorly-regulated system in a lot of countries open to abuse and massively unequal in its distribution

For everyone who thinks commercial surrogacy is all rainbows and butterflies and anyone who questions any part of it is an evil bigot, please feel free to search online for research on the moral and ethical issues it raises and see that it's not only the anti-gay brigade talking about it.

I agree it isnt a right, but I dont think it is fair/right that a same-sex couple has less 'right' to pass on their genes than others simply because of their sexual orientation.

I dont think anybody has said they considered surrogacy rainbows and butterflies, but i certainly wouldnt consider anyone that did as 'evil' or as a 'bigot' just misinformed and a little ignorant. Im suprised to would have the audacity to label someone as a bigot after some of your comments on this thread.

I actually know a couple people who are attempting surrogacy, so you aren't alone:hugs: I came across a journal (I THINK it's in the surrogacy section) of a BnB member chronicling her journey as a surrogate. Wish I could remember who it was:( It's really interesting, and may offer you some insight if you are curious!

Thank you. I didnt mean I am the only one, but parents who have multiple miscarriages dont tend to chose this route, not sure why. I think it might be to do with losing your baby (no matter what gestation) makes you long for your biological child all the more but at the same time its almost as if you have something to prove by doing it yourself.

Phantom is the first part of her user name. I am following her journal, looks like she might have just got her BFP :happydance:

Piper is adopting not a very expensive thing in the US? Even more so from another country. How is that not buying a child too?

I dont think anybody has said they considered surrogacy rainbows and butterflies, but i certainly wouldnt consider anyone that did as 'evil' or as a 'bigot' just misinformed and a little ignorant. Im suprised to would have the audacity to label someone as a bigot after some of your comments on this thread.
Please read what I said again. I'm not calling anyone a bigot. It may have been poorly expressed, but I was referring to the assumption that I must be a bigot because I have some doubts about commercial surrogacy and the ethics of it when it doesn't involve infertility.

Please read what I said again. I'm not calling anyone a bigot. It may have been poorly expressed, but I was referring to the assumption that I must be a bigot because I have some doubts about commercial surrogacy and the ethics of it when it doesn't involve infertility.

You have expressed doubts about the ability for a same sex couple to raise a child as well as a heterosexual couple due to their gender.

I can't believe I'm even saying this on BnB.

Cannot believe what I have been reading.

A child should be taken away if same sex people adopt/surrogate? As long as a child is in a loving home I dont see ANY wrong in it.

I would love to be a surrogate for a gay couple, but unfortunatly, I wont I will only be doing it for my sister once I have finished my family.

I actually know a couple people who are attempting surrogacy, so you aren't alone:hugs: I came across a journal (I THINK it's in the surrogacy section) of a BnB member chronicling her journey as a surrogate. Wish I could remember who it was:( It's really interesting, and may offer you some insight if you are curious!

Thank you. I didnt mean I am the only one, but parents who have multiple miscarriages dont tend to chose this route, not sure why. I think it might be to do with losing your baby (no matter what gestation) makes you long for your biological child all the more but at the same time its almost as if you have something to prove by doing it yourself.

Phantom is the first part of her user name. I am following her journal, looks like she might have just got her BFP :happydance:

Awww that makes me happy!:)

Lol I've been a silent stalker

Me too, for the most part.

You have expressed doubts about the ability for a same sex couple to raise a child as well as a heterosexual couple due to their gender.

I can't believe I'm even saying this on BnB.

Agree with this, I dont think anyone has a problem with you disagreeing with surrogacy for non fertility problems (though i have yet to see you provide an example of this on this thread) but rather the fact that you keep expressing unsavoury opinions on same sexed couples using surrogacy.

Sorry, are we back in 1840? Some of these comments are incredibly closeminded.

Also I have to say that various women on this site have offered to be a surrogate for me. This was way before it was an option I was even considering. They never met me, they know I am not rich. For them it has zero to do with money and everything to do with wanting to help me have the rainbow baby I long for.

Also I have to say that various women on this site have offered to be a surrogate for me. This was way before it was an option I was even considering. They never met me, they know I am not rich. For them it has zero to do with money and everything to do with wanting to help me have the rainbow baby I long for.

That's amazing, there are truly some awesome women on this site!:)

Agreed.

Agreed.

Totally agree with you both x

I am actually about to start the doula certification process, and hope to provide volunteer doula services to both surrogate mothers and those who chose to give their child up for adoption

Fab idea trichick.

Yes they are Lenny, the amount varies though. Some do it and earn a lot, others do it and just get expenses and the bare minimum x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->