Surrogacy

Thanks! I figure people could always use a hand to hold during a big moment in their life, regardless of the emotion or reasoning going into or coming out of it:)

Agree with you, in fact those people often need more kindness and support.

Especially with busy, overstretched maternity departments.

Especially with busy, overstretched maternity departments.

The maternity system in the US is...yikes. Often, nurses don't have the time to answer many questions so mothers can often be left confused and feel like a patient number. For someone with additional emotional concerns or added stress it could be even worse:nope:

I think the preferred term in the adoption community is "to place" for adoption, not to "give up":flower:

I think the preferred term in the adoption community is "to place" for adoption, not to "give up":flower:

I've ignored a lot of how you've worded things, because from 'seeing' you around the forum, it just seems to be your way. But I think it is a little ironic that you are advising trichick on wording considering how badly a lot of your wording in posts are.

Are doulas common in the UK?

They werent, but are becoming more and more popular. If I manage to get pregnant with a sticky baby then I would consider one, purely because I already feel like I have no control over my pregnancy and induction (happening between 30 and 32 weeks), so I feel one would help me to feel a little more in control.

I think they are becoming more so :)

That's awesome to hear. I had no idea they existed until I started researching my prereqs to become a Nurse Midwife. In this part of the country the average is about $500 for labor support, to include a couple prenatal visits and a follow up. We will be using one in the future should we be blessed again:) I don't think OH could rub my back for 12 hours. At least without complaining:haha:

I think they are becoming more so :)

That's awesome to hear. I had no idea they existed until I started researching my prereqs to become a Nurse Midwife. In this part of the country the average is about $500 for labor support, to include a couple prenatal visits and a follow up. We will be using one in the future should we be blessed again:) I don't think OH could rub my back for 12 hours. At least without complaining:haha:

See i would feel robbed cos I only labour for about 1 and half hours :haha: lol

See i would feel robbed cos I only labour for about 1 and half hours :haha: lol

:rofl: Mine have been 27 hours (established), 90 minutes (first contraction to holding her), 45 minutes (first contraction to holding her), 0-7cm in an hour (then section) and 12 minutes (established). I might feel robbed but the support before hand is worth it for me.

They werent, but are becoming more and more popular. If I manage to get pregnant with a sticky baby then I would consider one, purely because I already feel like I have no control over my pregnancy and induction (happening between 30 and 32 weeks), so I feel one would help me to feel a little more in control.

If you do consider surrogacy, I imagine that using a doula could maybe work to help bridge the gap and help foster a connection between mothers during labor? Maybe teach relaxation and labor coaching techniques so that both mothers feel really involved in the birth? Just a thought:flower:

Wow, is about all I can say about some posts on this thread! Any child who is born through surrogacy or is adopted is so clearly wanted and will obviously be loved. I just can't see how it matters whether they come into a family of one parent, two fathers, two mothers, or celebrities. It's not taking a baby away from it's mother, it's giving a baby a family (I don't consider a surrogate the mother by the way).

Tasha, I really hope it works out for you! xx

I just read a article about elton john and his husband having their second son. i dont know how anyone could begrudge them this.

A child brought into life by a family who loves them, who can support them and cherishes them is very lucky in my eyes

I was using my example to say that two and a bit years is a very short time to decide you're infertile.

:dohh:
I'm not even going to get into the closed minded things I've read in this thread.

Tasha I wish you all the best...I really do! <3 I can't wait to hear good news from you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->