Sweetsammi

kookie

pregnant with no 4
Reaction score
yeah i have still been getting them im not convinced there just braxton hicks because they do feel different they didnt really explain to me what they could be just most likely pre labour contractions all i know is there not much fun and i cant wait till they do turn into active labour and i'll be holding our beautiful little boy or girl

Yeah it sounds exactly the same as what ive been experiencing! And i agree, just want it to turn into active labour so i can meet the lil fella! :) They put in my notes ?? Preterm labour, but they dont seem concerned. Hopefully we wont be waiting much longer! Has he/she started to engage yet? Mines 2/5. x

Just found this on BabyCentre:

Can I have contractions and not be in labour?

Yes. You're in false labour if your cervix doesn't dilate (your doctor or midwife can confirm this during an examination), contractions are erratic and don't feel increasingly intense, and any pain you may feel in your abdomen or back is easily relieved by a warm bath or massage.
One mother we know had strong contractions for three days before she was officially in labour. The contractions, though painful, were completely irregular and unpredictable, coming at five minutes, then seven, then eight, then five, and eventually at eight minutes. When her water finally broke, she cried with relief, hoping she was finally entering real labour. She was.

well hopefully we'll both be holding our little ones soon yeah bubs is fully engaged so ready to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->