swimming

ke29

Reaction score
is there a minimum age that babies can go to swimming baths? I would like to take my LO this weekend but all the swimming outfits ive seen start at 3-6 months and Aquababes session start at 4 months but what about normal public swimming?

All places are different - give the place you are going a call to see what they say. If you do go - have fun xx

I took my LO this week. He is 4.5 months - we were told to wait until after the 4 month jabs in case the pools weren't totally spotless!

HTH

I took my daughter swimming the first time at 3 months old. our doctor told us we could have taken her around 1 month+. i have a newborn swim suit and a 0-3 month swim suit. i think it all just depends on the pool. the one we took our daughter too had a heated baby section.

There is no minimum age to take them. You don't need to wait until they have had any vaccinations. I would just think about what session you pick (so there aren't screaming teens) and the temp of the pool. Some people use those baby wetsuits.

Babies can go swimming virtually from birth. You can get teeny tiny swim nappies (little swimmers). Also you can buy wet suits from mothercare and the waterbabies website. As other posters have said the most important thing is the temperature of both the water -check the pool is suitable for babies - and the air. As young babies get really cold afterwards - make sure you take a towel to the side of the pool so you can wrap LO up as soon as you get out and don't stay in the water for more than 30 minutes.
The pool we go to has a beach type access so is really easy to get in and out of.
Have fun x

I heard that you can take babies swimming after they turn 17 weeks (4 months), its probably to do with having their injections done as others have said.

You can take them from birth but I think its recommended that they have at least had their first vaccinations at 8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->