Switching to reusables - HELP!!!

Hannah

Mummy of 2!!
Reaction score
Hi,

I am really new to the idea of reusable nappies but am really interested in switching my little girl to them and using them for any subsequent children. The only problem is I don't know how easy this will be, has anyone got any experience of switching their 8 month old to cloth?

Are there any hints and tips you can give me?

I have ordered a trial of the following nappies, Bum Genius v.3, Fuzzi Bunz perfect fit and Wonderoo as these seemed to be some of the simplest to manage but are there any others that you ladies can recommend?

How many nappies do you think I will need (just a general guess, I know this will vary from baby to baby)

Do they need to be changed more frequently than disposables?

Any help you can give me would be great. Thanks :thumbup:

Well Done & Good Luck!

each of us have our own preferences to nappies and the results can differ as all our LO's are different size/shape etc.

the FAQ's article linked in my siggy should answer a few of your q's for you. if you have any more q's then we'll me more than happy to help you.

We changed over at 4 weeks so can't really offer you any advice for changing over at 8 months. the types you've listed are pocket nappies, which aren't too different to disposables.

if your looking to try other types you can buy second hand or preloved nappies on the cloth swap/sell thread or cloth nappy tree (website - they have a classifieds section)

Enjoy!

i would read the above linked articles too, they are quite helpful!

How many times do you change your baby now? just multiply that by a enough to give yourself 1 wash day and add one or two in case of emergncies. Nappies should be changed every 3 hours but my lo will quite often go 4 no prbs, anything longer than that we start to get leaks, depends on the nappy too some are more absorbant than others. the material is a good indication but it also depends on your baby how heavy wetter they are etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->