Taboo subject - Drugs

I, myself, have never done drugs, never smoked, and I barely drink. Boring I know, but I don't see the point. I used to tell people I had and didn't enjoy it so they wouldn't pressure me. I was scared of them and Caitlyn will be too.

I derailed a couple of years ago, round about when I turned 18 and I tried a bit of everything (bar heroin).

It's left me with life long mental conditions, it triggered/brought out my bipolar disorder, and has left me with borderline personality disorder and extreme paranoia. Doctors have confirmed that it was the drugs that caused them with scans, dates etc. I was only using for 5 months, max.

If my child ever used drugs, I would be heartbroken. I will fully explain to them about what they did to me, and the risks. On several occasions I thought for sure "I'm going to die, I can't live through this"... CK was a particularly bad mix for me. I will bring up any or all of my children knowing everything drugs can do, and also knowing that they themselves are high risk and vulunerable, as it is hereditary, and the vulunerability is a genetic trait. It's such a lottery with drugs, I wish I had never touched them.

People are going to try it . It's shown on tv read in magazines it's always is peoples faces. And an addiction is easier to start than it is too beat. My mother was and still is addicted to heroin , she even took it while she was pregnant with me which made me poorly when i was first born she ruined her own life . I believe each person can try it if they get addicted they'll learn the hard way that feeling good for 30 mins isn't worth having no job no money and no family to support you

Drugs ruin peoples lives

My OH was brought up in a home where both parents were drug addicts the used to beat him if they couldnt get a fix which is why he has so many problems now and finds it hard to show emotion
x

Drugs are disgusting. I have no time for anyone who does drugs.

I do, because it is a choice and everybody experiments. Personally, I was going through a horrendous time, and had given up all my pride and self respect so nothing stopped me.

If someone listens to my story, and everything I've had to go through, and then does drugs, or does drugs when they are pregnant or have children, then I have no time for them. But if you don't know about them, or your not fully informed, or you've just been brought up thinking they aren't a big deal then what is gonna stop you? x

Not everyone experiments to be honest. I know loads of people that haven't done drugs, and never would. I was brought up to know drugs are stupid and I wouldn't bring my children up any other way. It isn't normal, it isn't safe at ANY time, and even weed makes me feel sick. Why anyone would want to put them into their bodies for a kick is beyond me. I guess it's like smoking though, if you don't do it you don't understand. I still don't think people should do it though, and I don't have time for people who smoke either. My mum being one of them. Every time she even says the word "fag" I tell her it's going to kill her. Because it will if she doesn't stop. I also tell her that if she smokes and Caitlyn sees one of those "my mummy stopped smoking because she loves me," adverts, she's going to think nanny doesn't love her.

Not everyone experiments to be honest. I know loads of people that haven't done drugs, and never would. I was brought up to know drugs are stupid and I wouldn't bring my children up any other way. It isn't normal, it isn't safe at ANY time, and even weed makes me feel sick. Why anyone would want to put them into their bodies for a kick is beyond me. I guess it's like smoking though, if you don't do it you don't understand. I still don't think people should do it though, and I don't have time for people who smoke either. My mum being one of them. Every time she even says the word "fag" I tell her it's going to kill her. Because it will if she doesn't stop. I also tell her that if she smokes and Caitlyn sees one of those "my mummy stopped smoking because she loves me," adverts, she's going to think nanny doesn't love her.

I didn't mean experiments as in just with drugs, I just meant everybody experiments at some point. Taking drugs, with regards to death rates/injuries, is safer than driving on a motorway, so you could argue your taking more of a risk driving on a motorway than you would with drugs!!

I totally see your point of view, I was the same until I derailed, I think it's an interesting subject but it is one of those things where you make a choice as an individual, I made mine, and I have to live with that for the rest of my life - hopefully by seeing the effects on me, I've turned quite a few people off. My sister had just started trying weed, since what happened to me she's totally stopped. That's enough of an achievement in itself!!

You will just have to explain to your daughter that her Grandma loves her very much, and when she's old enough explain that her Granny has a choice in life that neither of you can make for her. I'm lucky in that none of my family except a few cousins smoke, so I am never exposed, even my DH gave up because I hated it, and it was a waste of money. Perhaps your Mum will give up, perhaps she never will but it's her choice hun, same as anyone who chooses to use drugs or drink or drive or hey even cross a road. Everything in life has consiquences, your mum is probably more than aware that it's killing her but is making the choice to carry on.. you will just have to accept it babe, and make sure Caitlyn grows up with the frame of mind you want for her x

I hate them also but maybe thats just because of where I live and not being around anything like that. I personally think they are vile.

hmm probably going to get slated but here goes
i started smoking weed when i was 14, started doing "hard drugs" (ecstasy, cocaine, acid, speed..) when i was 15. i was given a pill on my 15th birthday by one of my friends and subsequently had one of the best night of my life. but it didnt stay that good, i smoked weed heavily and developed extreme paranoia now i dont think anyone can understand what thats like unless theyve experienced it but yea.. its terrifying to be scared out of ur mind and hallucinating when stone cold sober?

i have wound up in hospital 3 times? because of drugs but that didnt put me off, yes it scared me temporarily and at the time i swore to myself i wouldnt touch them again, but the following weekend came round and id do it all again..

its a period of time im not proud of at all. i stopped a few months before my 16th birthday so even if you do choose to judge me youre not judging ME, youre judging who i used to be, i feel like ive grown up a lot since then and frankly feel embarrassed that i (and my friends) used to think there was nothing wrong with it

my parents knew but i think they felt helpless to do anything. i dont blame them for any of it at all, they did everything they could and tbh if theyd punished me it would have made me rebel more. i was an idiot

id be gutted if my child(ren) did drugs, because theyre not as harmless as people make out. pills for example.. you dont just have a bad experience if you overheat and dont drink enough water etc.. i only ever really did them in a house like sat down not dancing or anything like that and was really aware of drinking enough water, going to the toilet etc (people who have done them will understand what i mean about making yourself go to the toilet ha), not getting too hot.. and i still ended up on life support because my heart was stopping and starting. its true what other people have said (i read this whole thread.. took me a while lol) that you never know what its cut with, sometimes you just get a "bad batch" and you can never know til its too late

i dont really know what point im trying to make tbh. just wanted to share my experience. and that my opinion back then was that drugs were fun, drugs were what i needed to have a good time, my opinion now is drug use (at least to the excess that i did at such a young age) is idiotic and so so dangerous.

i truly believe if your kids are going to do drugs theyre going to do drugs. nothing you do or say can stop that. of course i was taught not to do drugs and knew how dangerous they were but i still did them. :shrug:
x

one more thing, i now have clinical depression which i imagine is related to my drug use in the past. these things creep up on you and carry on to affect you months/years after you have even touched drugs

I personally would never do drugs, have never even tried them. I had a kind of strict upbringing and never wanted to disappoint my parents especially my dad because we are very close. When I got with DH, my mind was made up about drugs because he sat there and watched his brother get deeper and deeper into drugs and finally 3 years ago accidentally overdose at the age of 22. To each their own, but as I said, it's just not for me :flower:

Ok so i haven't read all the posts and only got to page 2 of this so i thought i would tell you about dh and me, our experiences and our lives then i will give my point.
I am a recovering heroin/ any drugs i could get my hands on and inject into me i was on them and i will say now i am 5 years clean no relapses etc i am not proud of what i did but i did it and yes i will know the signs if my child was to end up doing them where as my parents didn't, i spent 6 long years an addict and i lost a lot in that time, i now suffer with scar tissue on the brain resulting from the drugs and due to that i suffer epilepsy.
Dh was an alcholic for 16 years and has now been clean for 4 years, he is now suffering with alchol induced bone marrow poisoning which is a side affect people are unaware of.
So the moral of my story is ALCHOL AND DRUGS are the same, they are all mind altering substances and can and do cause psychological and physical addictions, they all screw lives up but they are all out there, readily available and widely used by many.
I think it is our jobs to educate our children then THEY can make their own choice as adults but as long as they are aware of the drugs, the state of mind they render you in and the side affects they can cause then what more can we do????? Some kids as they grow are determined to do the opposite from what you tell them you say don't do it and they will go do it.
That said alot of people as in adults need to be educated regarding drugs and the mental illness that addiction is.
Personally i will be open with my children, i made the decisson to be open regarding my experiences to my kids and i hope they choose to take something from them and use them in their life so they don't make the same mistakes, they like people on here may think bad of me and as the person i was but i would rather 1 person learn from my experiences than them having to go through them just to learn, i hope if god forbid my children did do drugs or worse they found out they had a problem with drink or drugs that they would feel comfortable in approaching me regarding it.
Sorry to waffle on but that's me i'm not a druggy anymore i'm a waffler :haha:
Think bad of me if you wish but you can't judge me more than i judge myself on a daily basis, if you want to ask questions feel free to do so i will be open, but most of all stay safe ladies xx

Well done dippy :hugs: You shouldnt be ashamed you should be proud
xx

alot of ppl here r saying that alcohol and drugs are as bad as eachother, i understand how awful alcohol can be believe me! my oh comes from a long line of alcoholics and it can destroy your life as easily as drugs can. there is one huge difference though, if you drink in moderation you'll stay safe. drugs in moderation can cause serious problems. a bad pill can and does kill, and my oh's father developed schitzophrenia as a result of moderately using pot. he ended up destroying my oh's childhood as a result :cry:

I'm sorry but thats a bit of a rediculous thing to say.

paracetemol is a drug

alcohol is a drug

valium is a drug

caffine is a drug

the epidural is a drug

ritalin is a drug

ibruprophen is a drug

morphine is a drug

antidepressants are drugs

nicotine is a drug

asprin is a drug

codeine is a drug

Funny how alot of these "drugs" are used by most of the population.

I have no time for narrowmindedness.

I like the fact I've taken drugs, I'm not going to dress it down - I had a damn good time doing it! Some of my best nights out and experiences where on psychedelics! I've never been addicted, never taken anything that I didn't know what was in it and I've never fucked up off them because I KNOW my limits and I know what I can handle. I'm not gonna turn round to anyone and say - "take drugs they are good!" but I'm not gonna turn round and say "don't do drugs they are bad" cause it ain't my place to say it either way! I'm glad me and my OH have experience in drugs - cause when the time comes that our baby has them (if she does! who knows what she'll be like/be into in 15 years :shrug:) then we'll know what to do/say and will have the first hand experience to deal with anything if a situation were to arise.

I'm glad there are people out there who aren't interested in drugs - cause the world would be a messy place if everyone loved getting off their face! Good for them - I respect 'em.

Peopel who take drugs cannot garuntee that they will not get addicted. Drugs control you not the other way round. Well done to people that got off them liek dippy.

But I dispise drugs i'e ILLEGAL drugs. My OH is a very scared and messed upperson because his parents thought 'drugs are fun'

Coming in a forum with influentual young peopke and saying I like drugs they gave me a good time I believe is ridciulaous you are glamourisng the taking of drugs when in fact they are bloody dangerous and Do kill. You may think you were able to handel them, But someone reading this who is not so strong could think yeah lets do it and end up seriously addcited or even worse dead!!

I don't think people who share their experiences should be looked down on though, I wrote a very long post about my own experiences of taking a lot of drugs over quite a long period of time in an environment where it was deemed normal, and felt the following posts were condescending and looking down on me which is why I chose to delete what I wrote.

Not looking down all I am saying is someone could be reading this and seeing another person saying taking drugs is fun. When in reality when a drug addcition gets hold it really is no fun

I take my hat off to anyone that overcomes and addiction
xx

You got off them though katie and if it was made normal to you then how would you have know they were wrong but in a socity today people need to know the harsh reality of such dangerous substances and how they change lives mostly not for the good
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"