Take away help!

mumoffive

Reaction score
what can i have from the chinese takeaway that isnt too bad? I usually have a lovely curry with fried rice. Anyone any ideas of how many calories in that? I am having a take away on Sunday night when some friends come over but dont know what to have. I have been watching my calories and been doing well so far. Dont want to blow it!

When I used to do Weight Watchers (years ago), I always had a plain chow mein coz it was only 4.5 points. There's quite a lot of salt in it though.
Tbh, I don't think there's such thing as a 'good' takeaway. If it were me, I'd have whatever I fancied and exercise extra hard the next day :)
xx

Yes,its probably the best way to go :) Thank you . x

they have a area on some menus that says diet/low cal and you could choose from there. i used to get the steamed chicken and vegetables with rice and side of soy sauce... it has no seasoning on it so i usually add the no salt/sodium free salt from the store and pepper.....

they have a area on some menus that says diet/low cal and you could choose from there. i used to get the steamed chicken and vegetables with rice and side of soy sauce... it has no seasoning on it so i usually add the no salt/sodium free salt from the store and pepper.....

thats a great idea but ive never seen anything like that here unfortunately. I too would need salt lol!!

Pork Char Siu with boiled rice is usually a good choice...and IMHO very tasty too. Can't remember the old WW points, but it was low enough, considering its a takeaway meal.

I also used to eat it when I was taking Xenical, with no side-effects...so that, if nothing else proves the fat content is reasonably low.

Honestly none of it is healthy!! Most dishes has up to your daily fat intake and if it doesnt then they have lots of sugar or salt..

I do alot of work/promo work for a leading female supplement company - Maxitone so my advice... If you are dieting and being good, indulge! One meal is not going to do any harm and a cheat day can be a good thing. It can kick start your metabolism and by having it it'll stop you craving other naughty things.. As long as its a treat and not a daily thing..

Honestly none of it is healthy!! Most dishes has up to your daily fat intake and if it doesnt then they have lots of sugar or salt..

I do alot of work/promo work for a leading female supplement company - Maxitone so my advice... If you are dieting and being good, indulge! One meal is not going to do any harm and a cheat day can be a good thing. It can kick start your metabolism and by having it it'll stop you craving other naughty things.. As long as its a treat and not a daily thing..

Thank you for that!! I love your advice lol!! I think i will have curry and rice and then just continue on with my healthy eating and exercise more the next day to burn it off!!

Thank you everyone :)

It's all garbage. I worked in a Chinese restaurant for years, lol! If you can find a REAL Chinese restaurant then you can get good stuff - steamed fish etc. Ask for real chinese food... they will know what you mean. Or follow your portion sizes - meat the size of your palm, grains (ie steam rice) the size of a tennis ball etc

I worked in a Chinese many years ago sure some fish may be steamed although this isn't always the case as they go for cooking options that are quick. But even if the meat is cooked healthy the sauces still contain a huge amount of sugar/salt or fat..

Well its been cancelled lol!! but its good to know. Once i have been on my 'diet' for a while i think i will have a treat. Thanks for everyones comments. I think everything in moderation. I used to have a take away once a week. It was something i looked forward too as i rarely go out and i dont drink - because i dont really like alchohol!

Im exactly the same I don't drink but I do have a cheat day once a week helps me be good throughout the week...

Im exactly the same I don't drink but I do have a cheat day once a week helps me be good throughout the week...

A cheat day sounds good to me. Think i will have one when i have been losing for a few weeks. Just want to kick start my diet. Couldnt face demotivation of putting on atm lol!

A cheat day sounds good to me. Think i will have one when i have been losing for a few weeks. Just want to kick start my diet. Couldnt face demotivation of putting on atm lol!

I have a treat day every Saturday too (I prefer to call it 'treat' day, rather than 'cheat' day!). I definitely think it helps to keep me motivated and, like Amie said, it can give your metabolism a bit of a 'kick.'
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"