Talk to me about Disney land Paris

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
I've never been and thinking of booking for next year

Best way to travel?
Best meal plan.. anything that includes a character lunch as well?
Right now they have an early booing special of 4 for 2 nights
Best place to book?

We are going in September. We have booked through Disney themselves as you can pay a deposit then the rest 8 weeks before. We found Disney direct the cheapest. We are flying from Edinburgh.

The offers change frequently. For us the 2 free days/nights worked out a better deal than the free meal plan which tends to come on offer on rotation with free days and nights.

If you want character dining included in your meal plan you need a premium meal plan. We just have a plus meal plan as that best suited our needs. You can use your vouchers at face value towards character dining. I'm thinking about booking the lunch with the princesses where the top up would be about €120 on top of our vouchers.

People rave about the club rooms in hotels and the extra benefits they bring so this may be worth considering. We are staying in a golden forest club room at sequoia lodge. The extra benefits for us is a free hot buffet breakfast in private lounge, access to private lounge, free hot and cold drinks in the lounge until 10pm, afternoon snacks included, fridge in the room etc. The extra £50 was well worth it for us.

We booked direct through Disney.
You can add on character dining on whichever meal plan you have, you use your meal vouchers then pay a top up.
We drove as we wanted to take a lot of stuff with us (bed bars etc). We got a free ferry crossing with our booking, tolls were about £40 and fuel was about £70.

There is a facebook group called disneyland paris for brits. They answer you questions within seconds, it was a great help for me when booking.

I worked in a travel agent for years and have been to Disneyland Paris many times.

Personally, we have never bothered with a fancy hotel, we were literally only in the room to sleep at night and maybe a quick change. I've never stayed in the same hotel twice, I've stayed in a mix of Disney hotels and the non Disney hotels just outside. All the ones I've stayed in have been fine (I can't remember the names as it's been a while since I was there but I know I stayed at the Santa Fe) which is a 2* and it was fine. We had a bunk bed and a double bed.

I personally hate hotel breakfasts so I always just have cereal when away.

We never did the character dinners as I don't think they are great value for money personally. You meet most of the characters through the park anyway. We usually ate in Disney village at night.

As for pricing, when I worked in the travel agents we could beat the price of Disney direct if you already had a quote from them. That was a few years ago so I'm not sure that's still the case, but we could also do a dynamic package which usually worked out even cheaper. You just had to pay the fees to use the Disney bus when you were at the airport (or make your own way there) - I can't remember the price but I believe it was maybe €20 pp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->