talking to your bump

channy3232

Reaction score
Anyone else talk to their bump?? I don't sit there and talk to him a lot but every morning the first squirm or kick of the day I say "good morning Rocco!" :)

I do the exact same thing. When I first wake up, and LO moves around for the first time, I always say good morning. It makes me feel good cause I know the baby is okay and nothing wrong happened when I was asleep.

I also talk to my bump in the evening when they are most active. Often ask "Peanut" if they are playing soccer or stretching their limbs for gymnastics or something silly.

I say goodmorning too :) or if he is REALLY wriggly when im trying to nap i say "hey ok!"
We are also trying to get into the habit of reading to bump at night :)

Yeah, I totally talk to and play with my bump. It's neat, because baby responds when I shake my belly a little, usually with rolls and twitches. It's cool to think that it actually has movement with a purpose now!

Yeah I do that too! If he's wriggling around a lot I'll be like ok Rocco I know you're in there! Geez!!

hehe yea i talk and play with mine all the time. i dont work so i have a lot of time to myself when my hubby is working at night, so its just me and my "peanut"... i have even written him a letter... lol (lots of free time...) ill say good morning or goodnight or just "scold" (totally wrong word i know) for kicking me so savagely in the ribs... he seems to enjoy hearing my voice and wiggles a little bit extra to let me know hes there. i have also discovered that if i poke a certain part of my belly or jiggle my belly, he will respond by kicking me in the ribs or rolling around... and he loves it when i wake up in the morning to go pee or whatever. its his excuse to officially wake up and wriggle around.

I talk to my bump all the time. Even when people are around. I dont care. I was sitting there the other day in my mums and the baby was wriggling like mad so i said to him "what are you doing in there, having a little party" People look but i just think its a normal thing to do now.

I chat to my little man all the time. My hubby thinks im wierd.
Usually when im cleaning his nursery i'll give him a running commentary.
I was sat in the garden over the weekend chatting away to him. My next door neighbour unbeknown to me was in their garden. Hell knows what they thought of me. :dohh:

We have all started talking to him lately normally along the mines of 'come on baby i think you have invaded my/Your moms Body for quite long enough its time to get moving now!' dont work though :( x

As im not yet pregnant, i don't but when my sister was pregnant i used to talk to hers so that when he arrived he was used to my voice, and it worked too because i talked to him a lot, id just say hello, and are you ok in there and things, and he would kick back and then when he arrived other than his mum and dad, i was his next favourite person.

Yip, I speak to Munchkin all the time and so does hubby. I also say "Morning" when I get my first kick of the day and if I'm driving somewhere I'll tell bump where we're going and who we're going to see.

I talk to Chops... Mr Pickle reads him a story every night... last night we gave Chops the choice. we have 4 books. Daddy said 'which would you like? you have to kick my hand to let me know'. He chose the 'Hungry Caterpillar' - great choice! Mr P has a deep voice and Chops knows when bedtime is. Daddy does the oil on the bump and then when he's finished, reads a story....

We play games too. mummy taps lightly...Chops kicks back.
Daddy taps lightly.... Chops kicks back.

he's too cute!
LP
xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"