Tassimo for formula!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect any formula company to actively promote bf. Of course they want people to FF. It is their business afterall. If they meet the legal requirements regarding bf I am not sure what more you can expect tbh.

Am I missing something about nestle? :blush:

yes. They once gave their formula to 3rd world countries so the mums milk would dry up, they couldnt afford to keep giving the formula, they made unsterile bottles up with dirty water etc. Horrid.

Every advert I've seen about formula on tv, the Internet, wherever, it always says about breast being best or breastmilk being advised :shrug:

Every advert I've seen about formula on tv, the Internet, wherever, it always says about breast being best or breastmilk being advised :shrug:

Me too, as long as they are following the law as a pp said I dont see a problem.

They get a hell of a lot of flack really and without formula a lot of us would be stuck

yes. They once gave their formula to 3rd world countries so the mums milk would dry up, they couldnt afford to keep giving the formula, they made unsterile bottles up with dirty water etc. Horrid.

Do they still do that though? Or are there other things they are doing too?

It's awful that they did that, infact it's completely disgusting....but aren't companies allowed to change?! There must be so many companies that have done unethical things in the past!

yes but dont think theyd do it if it wasnt the law! formula can be a great thing but the companies are out to make money, nothing else.

Think Im missing something, or being slow or something but I don't see the big deal...

doubt Id ever buy one but can't understand why it's so bad...

xxx

I don't understand why this was put in the breastfeeding section......!!!

& No, nestle still have very agressive marketing campaigns in some countries.

I don't doubt that they wouldn't mention it if it wasn't the law but they're just like any other company. Out to sell their product and make people want to buy their product. I think it would be expected for a formula company to advertise to sell formula. Luckily they have to advertise BFing as a better "product" than their own which kind of goes against the norm with advertising. But the point is, they DO mention it

I dont think women make descisions on FF baised on marketing campains for a companies advertising.
I certainly didnt. I want with the brand I had as a child and when that didnt suit Lo I went with the type my HV advised for her condition.

I think there is a huge amount of miss understanding and missinformation about FF. It isnt that simple and it is somthing that you really need help with understanding. However the guidlines states that MWs cannot educate mothers about FF and how to do it safely. In reality when I went home I had little or no idea how to FF my lo what the current guidlines were or why they were such.
I think the information that is out there by the companies is not only useful but necessary and is filling a gap in which we are net getting information through the nhs

Thats fine but i dont think people should delude themselves into thinking formula companies think breast is best :shrug:

Thats fine but i dont think people should delude themselves into thinking formula companies think breast is best :shrug:

I dont honestly think anyone does. Do you? Its abo as true as furniture stores claiming its 50% off. No on believes that either but its all part of marketing

I dont think they think breast is best but at least they promote it

To be honest what ever they do will not be good enough for some people, I dont think some people will be happy till all formula is wiped off the earth

What is trolling? :shrug:

I'm not sure I exactly understand what this product does.... Like a coffee maker for formula? But you still have to turn it on and wait for it to "brew" right? There must be something I'm not getting, because that doesn't seem any more convenient to me...

Do they still do that though? Or are there other things they are doing too?

It's awful that they did that, infact it's completely disgusting....but aren't companies allowed to change?! There must be so many companies that have done unethical things in the past!

Nestle are still a disgusting, unethical company. In response to the latest report published earlier this month, Nestle agreed to stop only 4 of their highlighted violations of the UN requirements, intending to continue with the remaining 97% of breaches.

I agree, I don't believe formula companies think breast is best. What kind of company would they be if they believed another product was better than theirs after all? Although I don't agree that mothers decide how to feed their child by watching adverts on tv. I just think that grown women are more intelligent than that and aren't dictated to by something they saw on telly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->