Tassimo for formula!!!!!!!!!!

Really ... Who cAres ??? If someone wants to but it the so be it!!! Not exactly the end of the world!

Shouldn't this be moved into formula feeding..seeing as it's not relevant in here?

Sam...I cba to read that whole article on the link you posted, but I don't understand your problem...yes breast is best, but it is not always that simple, so why is it such a bad thing to make lives easier for those people? Stop being so judgemental, or at least explain yourself, if you can.

Would've loved to have breastfed if I could have made enough milk or not get an infection that made me unable to...

Not always as simple as it being easier- and trust me it's not always easy.

I am however lucky I don't need to boil water in order to make his bottles. I am thankful I can just get it from the tap and not have to take that extra step!

You obviously don't want a discussion, you just want people to agree and/or commiserate with you.

I bet it won't be long before someone makes a reusable pod that works in the machine, so that you can use the baby formula of your choice. Like for the Keurig and Senseo coffee machines.

lets face it lots of mums have to go back to work when LO is young and a tassimo thing i guess would make things easier not only for the mum but whoever is looking after the baby. an invention like this doesn't make me want to ff instead of bf but it is a help for those who cannot bf for whatever reason. it's not so black and white!

sam also it is not just nestle milks that say that milk is tailored for babies nutritional needs. how many other formulas boast 'probiotics' ot 'prebiotics' or whatever in an attempt to make mothers choose that brand?

sam also it is not just nestle milks that say that milk is tailored for babies nutritional needs. how many other formulas boast 'probiotics' ot 'prebiotics' or whatever in an attempt to make mothers choose that brand?

There is loads of evil stuff that nestle do. It's the tactics in third world countries that are the worst. Making women believe formula is better than breastmilk is dangerous when they have no clean water to make it with or use too little powder because thry think that'll make it last longer :( babies die because of that. Oh, and they give money to the Mugabe family :growlmad:

To the poster who said she doesn't have to boil water (sorry, on my phone so can't check back) how come? I thought it had to be boiled because of powder not being sterile, not anything to do with the water?

Bloody Nestle...
Now that I have that out of my system, why is this in the BF section? What is the point? It's for FF parents, not BFs...

I think its fab! Charlie was breast fed and now on formula, and anything that makes life easier is great in my eyes! However money would be the only issue for me.

Why is it in any section? It would be offensive to have this thread in FF when it states by a BFing mum that something to help FF mums is 'vile'. Whether that opinion is on FF in general or Nestle, it comes across wrong!

It doesnt belong anywhere, its just a pointless thread and OP wont understand we cant all agree.

It always has boggled my head why threads bashing formula companies land up in here. It's like some people go looking for something FF to slate.

or use too little powder because thry think that'll make it last longer :( babies die because of that. Oh, and they give money to the Mugabe family :growlmad:

To the poster who said she doesn't have to boil water (sorry, on my phone so can't check back) how come? I thought it had to be boiled because of powder not being sterile, not anything to do with the water?

I think she means she has a boiling water tap, I'd love one but I'd blatantly try to wash my hands under it!

Seriously the hassle with FF IMO is the bottle washing, water sterilizing etc, not the powder dispensing and mixing!

Agree with this, which is why I can't see the point in this gadget. If one doesn't have the time to scoop powder in a bottle then they can always buy ready made cartons. (probably cheaper than buying this thing lol!)

With combi feeding (topping up after each feed!) this would make my life a lot easier... Does that make me lazy? I don't think so? :thumbup:

it's not always fully FF mums that use formula, some people use it to carry on breastfeeding. Not always as black and White as it seems!

or use too little powder because thry think that'll make it last longer :( babies die because of that. Oh, and they give money to the Mugabe family :growlmad:

I think she means she has a boiling water tap, I'd love one but I'd blatantly try to wash my hands under it!

Not sure why we don't have to here but was told in the hospital we don't have to. So I just fill up his bottle with cold or room temp water put the scoops of formula in and shake!

I think it has to do with the fact that we use chlorinated water? And if it is nonchlorinated then we would have to boil. I also never sterilize after the first time I wash his bottles when they come out of the package. Just warm water and dish soap.

Not sure why we don't have to here but was told in the hospital we don't have to. So I just fill up his bottle with cold or room temp water put the scoops of formula in and shake!

I think it has to do with the fact that we use chlorinated water? And if it is nonchlorinated then we would have to boil. I also never sterilize after the first time I wash his bottles when they come out of the package. Just warm water and dish soap.

I have never boiled or sterilized either.

the boiling water thing is to kill the bacteria in the formula, because formula isn't sterile. The water should be an ideal 70*C when the formula is added, then allowed to cool before giving the feed to the baby. That's what the new UK government guidelines are anyway, but not sure what it's like elsewhere in the world. have to say, when Harry had some formula, I always used cooled boiled water that I'd kept in the fridge, lol.
Personally, i don't like the machine because a) it's really expensive, b) i never used my espresso pod machine (Tassimo), so i expect i'd do the same with a machine like this, use it a couple of times for its novelty value, then it will sit gathering dust on the worktop and c) the actual advertising of it breaks the WHO code on a number of levels- on the Nestle website, they are renowned for being anti BFing, which is why many people (and the NCT) boycott Nestle.
Personally, i dont really care, lol, but i can see why some would hate the machine and others would love it, so each to their own.

I highly doubt that 70 degrees is hot enough to sterilise anyway - why would it be, when to sterilise bottles you need a rolling boil of at least 5 minutes? Otherwise you could just dunk bottles in 70 degree water for a minute and say they were sterile.

"Boiling in water for fifteen minutes will kill most vegetative bacteria and inactivate viruses, but boiling is ineffective against prions and many bacterial and fungal spores; therefore boiling is unsuitable for sterilization. However, since boiling does kill most vegetative microbes and viruses, it is useful for reducing viable levels if no better method is available. Boiling is a simple process, and is an option available to most people, requiring only water, enough heat, and a container that can withstand the heat; however, boiling can be hazardous and cumbersome."

So I fail to see how 70 degree water that is cooling is going to do much good.

Actually, 70C is hot enough to kill the majority of bacteria that are going to do you or your baby harm. They are actually pretty fragile things in some ways. There are a lot of tougher microbes etc out there that such measures don't kill, but generally they aren't harmful anyhow. Spores are ridiculously hard to kill (and prions nigh on impossible) so it's a good thing most of the former don't do much to us and we don't encounter the latter that often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->