Tattoos, for losers?

Look at David Beckham, is he trash? :rofl:

DB isn't a great example to use, he may not be trash but he hasn't exactly been hit with the brainy stick!
Anyway, I don't think tattoos have any direct relation to any aspect of someones personality, intelligence or social background. However, contrary to most people I always look at a tattoo and think :sick: To me, they are disgusting, regardless of whether they are well done or not.

Who said anything about brains? ... I wasnt talking about that :rofl: :rofl:

did you know only the highly important people such as kings/ queens etc back in the VERY old days were the only ones who had a tattoo - made them upper class! I have three.

This thread and the one you wrote about being jealous of your 2 year old niece makes me wonder about your world perception... really it does

My Nan got drunk on holiday this September and plucked up the courage to get 'Mam <3' on her bum after her late mother. My mum jumped on the bandwagon and got my name & my daughters name on the nape of her neck. I plan to have a tattoo myself in November.

Bloody chavs, we're from Liverpool too, I guess there is nothing down for us.

:shrug:

Don't know what a 'chav' is.

I don't have any tatoos. I don't think there is a certain 'type' of people who have them (except maybe they have a little more guts and pain tolerance than me). I personally do not care for tatoos for myself.

All aboard the loser train, choooooochooooo!

https://www.hipstertravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/loser-trader.jpg

I love my tattoos, they mean a lot to me and I am definitely NOT a chav. My dad's family are working class, my mum's are middle class. I'm proud of my background and am more worried about the insinuation that working class and tradespeople are scum (all of the men in my family are plumbers and i'm thinking of retraining as one!)

I agree! I am proud of being working class! We work damn hard!

i have four tatto's now all very special to me names of my babies that died or for my son all i will happily look at when i am 90 they are all mostly hiden and personal though. never committed and crime and hoping to be a doctor in the future. not a chav lol :D

i havent read the whole thread, but personally i find separating people by socio-economic class is VERY out dated, and fairly old practice. -especially when looking at someones appearance.

we dont live in a cleansed society, nor do we base judgements or laws on class anymore - so the point that only "lower or working class" people have tattoos is out dated.

second - i am not a chav, im not a loser, and im proud of my tattoos. In the next few months my entire right rib cage will be COVERED in them. Hows that for class ;)

just to add- im no stranger to stereotyping, but i find this one in particular ridiculous... its very clear that tattoos are not limited to the scum of society, they are widely accepted, and are considered an art form in some countries. What would you call original tribal tattoos?? The people that invented them in the first place would HATE to be linked to a nasty stereotype, and they werent criminals either.

My Nan got drunk on holiday this September and plucked up the courage to get 'Mam <3' on her bum after her late mother. My mum jumped on the bandwagon and got my name & my daughters name on the nape of her neck. I plan to have a tattoo myself in November.

Bloody chavs, we're from Liverpool too, I guess there is nothing down for us.

:shrug:

This had me giggling for ages! :) My mum did the same for her first tattoo by getting drunk on holiday and I swear it is the SMALLEST tattoo i have ever seen :)

I am more than offended by the original post. I am not from a working-class background at all, quite the opposite. I have an IQ of 147. I am also covered in tattoos. People who fuel this outdated view make my life a misery, it's the reason I get turned down for jobs, get funny looks on buses or stared at when I'm out with my daughter. You can see a few of mine here...

Attachments

• 27102010118.jpg
    27102010118.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 20
I am more than offended by the original post. I am not from a working-class background at all, quite the opposite. I have an IQ of 147. I am also covered in tattoos. People who fuel this outdated view make my life a misery, it's the reason I get turned down for jobs, get funny looks on buses or stared at when I'm out with my daughter. You can see a few of mine here...

This what i was going to say, even though it is such a old fashioned view, unfortunately you are still judged for jobs etc on your appearance, you can have all the skills, knowledge and experience but it's your appearance that counts. Someone with piercings and tattoos generally would not get the job over someone who hasn't.

I personally don't like them and I'm too much of a wimp to have one. But i know through my job how horrid it is to be judged by your appearance. So i never have and never will judge anyone on face value.

To be honest though op this really isn't a debate is it?. It's going to offend one way or another:shrug:

This what i was going to say, even though it is such a old fashioned view, unfortunately you are still judged for jobs etc on your appearance, you can have all the skills, knowledge and experience but it's your appearance that counts. Someone with piercings and tattoos generally would not get the job over someone who hasn't.

I personally don't like them and I'm too much of a wimp to have one. But i know through my job how horrid it is to be judged by your appearance. So i never have and never will judge anyone on face value.

To be honest though op this really isn't a debate is it?. It's going to offend one way or another:shrug:

Me too I'm also wimping out. Everytime I think I want one, I then think , what if I change my mind or dont like the way they do it, what will it look like when Im 50, what if people will judge me, what if it hurts too much that i run away halfway through lol
Too many what ifs, and if you doubt yourself this much then tatoos are definitely not for you. Each to their own, I really admire people who have some really arty well thought out stuff on their bodies and its tasteful and are proud of what it stands for rather than my mate did it so did i sort of thing. :)

I think OP was being a bit blunt and yes offensive, as its like any sort of personal body enhancement, piercings, hair colour change, boob job, lipo, botox, something you know thats fairly drastic in change or maybe permanent or different from conventional, its kinda scary for some and makes them want to pigeon hole people into certain categories. so yeah I dont think its up for debate as its such a personal thing that its like saying someone is not accepted for having freedom of expression.

I did used to think only sailors had tatoos when i was a nipper lol as my naval grampa had blue scribblings up his arm in a rather crude way, naked women etc. so maybe thats where OP's mum got her pre conceptions from.
Yes a lot of different walks of life get them done now for one reason or another, this threads proven that point, so afraid OP's mums wrong, end of. :D

I think the original post in incredibly closed minded.
But I must also say that there are quite a few (close minded) People who probably hold
this belief.

I can say growing up in America it wasn't unheard of to hear more often then not (especially in bible belt regions) that people who have tattoos are devil worshippers....

Or even from my own dad that tattoo parlors are dirty and if you get a tattoo you gonna end up with hepatitis or aids... :dohh: for surely in the 21st century they have the ability to sterilize or use sterile equipment for this.

May I also mention that when I went to uni I don't know if I knew a single person except for myself and two friends who didn't have a tattoo... and then one of them went and got one... hehehe... and we are all no respectable professionals.

I also know two tattoo artists who come from respectable backgrounds. One went to university to be an archetect and didn't like the day job, so started tattooing and then started his own buisness. The other agian an AMAZING artist runs his own buisness as a tattoo artist and has a band.

So I think in our day and age we need to be, you know..... a little more open minded.

How incrediblely small minded and offensive. I don't have any tattoos myself (yet) but I know a lot of people that do and they're chavs or criminals...

in some religions people actually get rings tattoo'd on instead of wearing wedding rings so that the two people are forever linked together and also so that noone can pull a fast one and day thier not marry personally i wouldn't do it but thats because everyone i know gets devoriced and it would be a nightmare to have that for life lol but i think its a great idea :D

in some religions people actually get rings tattoo'd on instead of wearing wedding rings so that the two people are forever linked together and also so that noone can pull a fast one and day thier not marry personally i wouldn't do it but thats because everyone i know gets devoriced and it would be a nightmare to have that for life lol but i think its a great idea :D

I should try this. Over the past couple of weeks my wedding ring, engagement ring and the ring Andrew gave me when Joseph was born have all brought me out in an itchy rash and I've had to take them all off. They are different metals too so I can't understand why.

could be nickle or something in them all when rings are made sometimes other metals are added to them so although they are all said to be gold, silver or white gold they all have something different in them like 9ct gold is less gold than 18ct gold if that makes sense i have a nickel allergy so it effects alot can't wear belts, earrings and some other things surgery also need to watch it etc... just means when buying stuff it has to be checked had no problems with my engagment ring but think its high quality and little or none nickel.

I don't know. Two are white gold, one is yellow gold and one is platinum but I've been wearing two of them for over nine years, one for almost four years and the other for nineteen months with no problems until this past month so I just don't know :shrug:

My OH has the most amazaing skull piece on his leg.
He is CERTAINLEY not any of the things stated in the first post!

He hasn't had a disadvantaged background, is a wonderfull loving father, never been to jail etc.
I am offended by that!

I am also planning on getting tattoos myself.
I think you would be suprised by people who actually have tattoos that you do not know about! Helen Mirren has one for God sake! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->