Tax Credit Advice

KX

Reaction score
Wobbles can I put it here as I need a relatively quickish response?:blush:
(Please)he he

I am due to hand in my MatB1 this week, as u have up until the 25th week of ur pgncy to hand it in.

Anyhoo, when u hand it in u have to give details of what maternity leave u r taking. I have a dilemma!

I would take 6 months but only get 14 weeks full pay then its the SMP of £106 per week, my question is-does ur tax credits go up when u drop to SMP?

I had to go back to work when madam was 4 months as couldnt afford the 106 per week, but someone said the t/credits should increase slightly?

Any help would be grateful chicks!

uvv ooo all xxxxxxxxxxxx

When i took maternity leave they told me they don't take into account maternity pay on its own as it isn't taxed on she said i had to estimate what i would earn til the end of march, thats what the amount you get is based on your income.

Thats soo confusing!:dohh:

the day my wage went down to £100 a week i called them and told them and they re-calculated it and my tax credits went up, then the day i returned to work i phoned them and told them i was back at work and my tax credits went down again.

even if they dont change it you will get a lumpsum of money next april as it will work out your p60 is lower then they estimated

Sorry haven't a clue about tax credits, but SMP is £112.75 per week now

Cx

sorry hun,

I know they were most interested in what my amount would be for that tax year.
It did go up slighlty but not by much

Ring and enquire before you decide anything for definate

Thanks Mrs E-thats an extra tin of SMA!:happydance: Hope ur jogging up and down the street to get LO out!xx

Dionne the thing is i couldnt afford to wait til the next april id need them to up it the minute i went down as our outgoings are ridiculous. :hissy:

Not that i am complaining as debt is my own fault i know :baby:

sorry hun,

I know they were most interested in what my amount would be for that tax year.
It did go up slighlty but not by much

Ring and enquire before you decide anything for definate

Thanks for that hun, they dont make life easy do they!xx

Blimey they give a hard time - I'm baffled or thick :rofl:

my tax creds stayed teh same but wen it came to my end of year declaration, i had to take 2600 off my earnings(26 weeks matty between april 06 and april 07 at 100 a week!) so tht has brought my tax creds up :wacko:

KX you can phone the tax credits office and let them calculate what your credits will be once your income changes. When I was expecting Dylan I phoned them to give them what our income would be once I was on maternety and they inputed hypothetically that he had already been born and told me what my weekly amount would be. This should help you work out what your earnings would be, and yes you can do it based on your estimated earnings so you can take your anual salary and deduct your cut for the maternety period and give it to them as an estimate. if they over pay you they will just deduct it from your credits in the next tax year.

BTW Paid maternety allowance is now 9 months not 6, so your empolyer should pay you for a ful nine months if you choose to stay of work that long.

Just been awarded ours ....

Well confuddled :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->