Tea/coffee?

charliekay

Mummy of two
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I know we're supposed to limit our caffeine intake and both tea and coffee have quite large amounts of caffeine in them. Do you think it's safe to drink decaf coffee and tea? I love a good cuppa and I'm really struggling to limit my daily brews haha other than them I only really drink water or orange juice x

I have an aversion to tea and coffee ATM but I drank both normal and decaf tea and coffee in my previous pregnancies (not to excess but I also wasn't counting if you get me), decaf is supposed to be fine is it not? And normal I think you're allowed 1 or 2 cups a day?

I've gone off tea and coffee at the moment but in my last pregnancy I drank loads of decaf.

Decaf is fine. A couple of normal cups per day is also fine.

Thank you i usually drink a lot of brews a day so I'm struggling just having a couple, think I'll nip out to shop and get some decaf so can stop worrying and drink as much as I want haha x

I sure hope decaf is fine lol iv been drinking loads of decaf tea

I have a decaffe tea or coffee most days still :)

You're "allowed" 200mg a day. Risks are low so they're not that strict.

one mug of instant coffee: 100mg
one mug of filter coffee: 140mg
one mug of tea: 75mg
one can of cola: 40mg
one can of energy drink: up to 80mg
one 50g bar of plain chocolate: up to 50mg
one 50g bar of milk chocolate: up to 25mg

Decaf is completely fine.

I've totally gone off tea and coffee which is very odd as I'm a complete tea head usually! I had the same with DD and suddenly fancied tea again at about 16 weeks. I hope it's the same this time!

In my past pregnancies the max was 250mg of caffeine a day and most nutritional info will have the amnt of caffeine in a product. I do try to cut back shorter than that tho bc some things we eat have caffeine we don't realize is there ;)

200 mg is fine. I try to keep it around 100 or less. Starbucks iced coffee with milk is 90mg, it's from an instant mix, so way less than their normal coffee, so I get that often. I think decaf is totally fine.

I drank about 3-4 hot drinks a day. Mainly tea. I personally dont think people who only have 2-3 hot drinks a day need to worry.

my daughter is healthy.

Just enjoy your drinks and dont over worry xx

I was huge fan of cappuccinos and would go daily to costa for one. I have since stopped and I now have the occasional cup of tea. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->