Teaching assistant interview

Groovychick

Reaction score
I have a SEN teaching assistant interview next week and as part of it am required to prepare a 10 minute activity based around number bonds to 10.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do? All ideas welcome.

Thank you in advance. :thumbup: :)

We recently did one setting up a farm before hand and then separating the cows rfom the sheep etc and using these along with the number bonds square sets. Not sure if that helps at all.

Do you have Pinterest? There’s loads on there for number binds to 10. I would suggest something hands on and practical to begin with before moving on to recording the pairs on the whiteboard. Perhaps handing out towers of 10 multi-link cubes and asking the children to snap the towers in half and asking each child what size towers they now have. They could then put them back together and snap again. You could talk about how it doesn’t matter what size little towers you have the answer will be ten and these are our number bonds to 10. If you have time you could write the bonds in order and model how to find missing number bonds on your fingers and then spot the patterns (as the first number gets bigger the second one gets smaller).

I know it’s so pressured but try to ask the children’s names and use them, and be firm with them to show your high expectations (not easy as you want to come across as being liked). Also you could start by saying we are looking at number bonds to 10, quickly tell your partner something you already know about them as a bit of an ice breaker?

Good luck, I’m looking at becoming a ta so very jealous

In year 1 in my school recently they've used paper chains in 2 different colours for no bonds to ten. Looked good and pretty quick to do. Good luck.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->