(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

MM - awesome, looking forward to seeing the nursery! Thanks for the advice on the scar tissue - I seem to have so much of it under the scar and all over the top and sides of it as well. Hopefully it will go away in time... I sometimes wonder how it will affect my labour - at the minute it still hurts to sneeze!

Ladies, I heard Bio Oil was excellent for scars and scar tissue. Have you tried it?

MM - your nursery is gorgeous, you've certainly got an artistic streak
Thank you!

MM - awesome, looking forward to seeing the nursery! Thanks for the advice on the scar tissue - I seem to have so much of it under the scar and all over the top and sides of it as well. Hopefully it will go away in time... I sometimes wonder how it will affect my labour - at the minute it still hurts to sneeze!

Like I said, massage will help break it down but don't go making yourself hurt. Bio-oil supposedly helps but I know tons of ladies that it did not work for. If you can find Mederma, https://www.mederma.com/products/gel I suggest that but not until after baby. Heat, massage, and time will help with scarring hun. Counter pressure, like pushing on it, when have to sneeze or anything else will help a little.

Hey ladies! I'm just loving my vacation! Its kind of weird to think this is probably the last vacation I'll go on before being a parent! Although running around after a baby has to be funner then sitting there watching your husband go on waterslides lol! He was really good though... even turned down some of his friends that wanted him to stay all day! I'm just LOVING the Dells!

Thanks Tink and MM - I've actually been using Bio Oil on my belly every morning and every night since my first tri in a vein attempt to not get stretch marks (I have lots on my hips from normal growing, but so far so good on the belly front!). I haven't thought of massaging using Bio Oil, but it makes total sense! :flower:

As far as I know Bio oil should only be used on scar tissue once it has completely healed. I remember buying it in South Africa to put on immediately after my ectopic keyhole surgery but then, to my dismay, was told I had to wait like 4 weeks before I could use it!
For stretchies I have been slathering on E45 cream pretty much head to toe every night after my bath/shower. It really helps itchy preggo skin and nips too! :thumbup:
I do use bio oil every couple of weeks on my bump when it feels "tight" but it smells too strong to use it all the time.
Also reckon baby oil on damp skin is one of the best moisturisers around. :thumbup:

Yup, baby oil is good too, and so is breaking open Vitamin E gel caps.

I am using vitamin e oil on belly, butt, hips & boobs too...& baby oil everywhere else.. working till now!!

any hoo.. I went to the doc today..
2cm dialated, 80% effaced, she had a finger on baby's head!! & did a little sweep.. & recommended SEX to speed things up..
NST showed me having contractions every 5 MINS!! STILL .. but not so painfull at all..

Now I have to find a way to convince DH to make "sexy time" with me .. hehe.. perhaps I should dance for him.. HAHHAHAHAH.. .oh man.. the thought of it just makes me laugh!! Imagin a hugely prego woman doing a sexy dance.. lol!!

ohhh - 2016, thanks for the info about Bio Oil on scars, I didn't know about the 4 week wait!

Devi - yeah for getting to 2cm!! Sounds like it's all gonna happen real soon!! Are your 5min contractions really regular then? How long are they lasting for? DH and I tried to BD last night (like first time in 6 weeks), and it was so awkward... my belly was getting in the way, and he's injured his knee during rugby, so he kept getting pains and cramps in his legs, and embarassingly, we just both had to laugh and give up - what a disaster!! :rofl:

I'm with you on the BDing Joli!!! He leans on me wrong or I lean on me wrong or we both lean on me wrong or I cramp up :| Its not even fun to think about anymore! 1 month and 6 weeks untill my sex life goes back to normal :(

haha u wish claire!! there will be a baby in the way and im sure bd will be last thing on your mind..

yeh its pretty awkward for us at the mo i try to have it as little as possible haha xx

I am not expecting good sex for another 2 months post delivery too.. ;)

lol! I HOPE its what I'm thinking about! We used to have such a good sex life! Now we're like a million year old couple that does it once a month :( The baby has to sleep and we don't take that long :rofl:

I haven't been allowed to since 18 weeks and won't be allowed until 37 weeks. Not even self service!!!!!! :haha:

omg! Its sad when theres no self servicing! :( But bubs it worth it isn't he Tink??! I just wish we didn't have to say... "its all going to be worth it" lol I want to say "Oh I LOVE being pregnant" (insert having cake and eating it too scenario!)

He is DEFINITELY worth every bit!

Oh babies are definitely worth it all! But I must admit, my sex life never ever recovered after my first baby! Not too sure why.... Maybe the way I felt about my post baby body or maybe because of the tiredness and the way I find it so hard to switch out of mummy mode! Or maybe it's because I don't find my DH anywhere near as sexy anymore! Lol ;)

Devi.... Come on pandu..... We are all waiting for your arrival! Good luck hun :)

ohhhhhhh :( my sex life totally changed after I had my first one! But My appitite came back about 2 months after! So I'm hoping that I've already been subjected to whatever it is that changes your body that way! Although I'm thinking its different when you keep your kids :| so I know its never going to be the same! BUT My OH is still sexy to me! (thank god) So thats a plus! It'll be interesting to see what happens after the bubs!

I'm with you on Pandu getting here soon Tink! And your about ready too right?!?!?!

Trip to L&D today, I'm home, still pregnant, everyone is fine, will explain it all in the AM.

MM - hope u are ok.. L & D is never a fun place if you dont come home with a baby..

Even I want pandu out!

Tink - even u must be eargerly waiting for your bubs to get out of u... hehe... good luck to u too!! what does your doc say? when is bubs expected out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->