(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

Devi.... I know, the timing is crap! Mum and Dad have got the kids so I'm hoping they perk up! My DH is taking me up our local pub for a meal tonight so might have to walk there and eat something spicy! Lol Need to get this baby moving now!!!!!

Tink, got any bumpy roads near you?

I'm too tired to do much of anything anymore, we're pretty much ready anyway. Still have to stop at Goodwill on Tuesday for bedding for MIL's bed and that's it. These days, I'm just keeping up with the house work basics IF I feel like doing it!

Claire, PM me your number so I can put it in my cell for the 22nd and you'll get the updates hun.

Just got back from the pub and am stuffed! Lol Walked all the way there and back and am twinging so topping it off by bouncing on my birthing ball so hopefully something will happen soon!!!!! Lol ;)

Just got back from the pub and am stuffed! Lol Walked all the way there and back and am twinging so topping it off by bouncing on my birthing ball so hopefully something will happen soon!!!!! Lol ;)

Don't forget to make your OH help get the baby out since he helped get it in there!:haha:

GG---aww he's so cute! :D

I keep checking in to see if Devi has delivered yet! Nothing?
90% effaced sounds pretty darn close. I actually didn't have any idea you would efface and dilate 1+ weeks ahead of labor. I always thought that stuff happened like a day before. Now I know!

Actually, Tinkerbell, you too! It's time for baby to arrive, darnit

Joli--amazing pics! How many weeks were you when you had them done?

As for me, having what I assume is usual pregnancy discomfort. Baby won't get out of my ribs area. Dr confirmed this week that he's head down. Maybe this means he's ready to come on out. I hope so! I don't necessarily want a pre-term baby, but I don't know how much more of this I can take! I swear I feel weaker, more out of breath, and more immobile with every passing day-argh.

I'm going to try to check in more often, y'all. Exciting times for everyone. It seems like a lot of us are now through the "slow" period.

Devi and Tink, I love hearing your updates - Tink did you have any spicy food? Have you tried BDing?

Aurora - those are beautiful pics! Amelia is just the cutest thing ever, she has such a lovely smily face!!

GG - I saw the pics of your godson on FB, I bet you felt all gooey giving him a cuddle - I turn to mush whenever I'm near babies at the minute!

Hibiscus - I had those pics taken at 31.5 weeks, they were so much fun to do! You know, i've been feeling super out of breath this last week, I've never had this before. I'll be just sitting on the sofa, and I suddenly find it hard to breath for a few breaths, particularly after I've eaten a meal. Do you have any idea what it could be?

I had a really touching moment with DH this morning that i thought I'd share with you - we were watching Desperate Housewives on TV (sunday morning TV!) and in this episode, one of the ladies lost one of her twin babies before it was born, and DH just broke down and was sobbing - this is the first time he's really cried since I went into surgery, and he was so open and crying uncontrollably, I was stunned and we just cried together, and then we held my tummy together for a long time, feeling baby move around. I'm surprised it has taken him this long to release everything inside, but it was such an emotional moment, and I just knew in that very moment just how much he loves our little boy.

Awww Joli.... What a lovely touching moment with your DH! I think sometimes it can feel like they aren't in tune with the fact that you are going to have a baby an it can take a while for it to truly sink in, but it really sounds like he's with you on the fact that you're going to have a lil baby boy soon. I expect your recent health scare and subsequent surgery really made your DH aware of it all too. I think that's lovely that he was so open.

No sign of baby..... Just an upset tummy! I had a spicy sweet chilli dip with my starter and mushroom stroganoff for main so not ultra spicy! But the idea of BDing with DH at the mo is laughable! I'm huge and uncomfortable and he did offer but I declined! lol

Joli....:hugs: that is so precious! I remember that scene from Desperate Housewives - made me cry too!

LittleAurora...happy due date! :rofl: I couldn't view the pictures in the FB link, it just took me to my homepage. Is that because we aren't friends on FB? :shrug:

hibiscus....I feel weak and uncomfortable NOW! :dohh: God help me when I get to your stage!

Tink & Devi...come on babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello ladies, I'm sat here writing this from my hospital bed as bubs decided he was going to make a very early appearance last night. Thankfully things have stopped and he's still cooking, but was very worrying. They are keeping me in until tomorrow afternoon as a test they did came back positive that I could deliver within the next 14 days. So I've got to have 4 steroid injections to mature his lungs before I can be discharged. Came totally out of the blue, was fine all day til teatime and then felt rotten and the pain got worse from then. X

Woah! Ladybird! That came out of nowhere hon!! That must have been really scary! I was told that the steriod injections are very effective, so if baby does come in the next 14 days, hopefully everything will be ok! Were you given medication to stop the contractions? will you be on bedrest now? Thinking of you!! :hugs:

Tink - I can totally understand you're not wanting to BD right now! I've heard doing squats also helps...?

Wow Ladybird!!!!!!! Thats crazy! If you cook your baby full term after they give you the steroid injections does your baby have super lungs? I really hope bubs stays in there for at least a few more weeks!!!

What is it with the babies in here?!?! The ones that are supposed to come out want to stay in and the ones who WANT to stay in don't want to :|

Oh my gosh, Ladybird! That is pretty scary. At least you're over 31 weeks now. I think he would most likely be OK if he came now. It wouldn't be ideal, of course, but try not to worry about it (easier said than done, I know).

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and baby!

omg Ladybird!! Hopefuly baby will stay in there a little bit longer! and not just because you are my due date buddy :(

Thanks ladies, it was a shock, I got no prior warning apart from developing really bad back ache. I feel quite reassured as the consultant explained that the steroids should prove effective and even though the test was positive there are still good odds I may carry til at least 36 weeks plus. They don't know why things had kicked off like they did. Only thing I can think off is that I did go a bit mad with the hoovering and cleaning yesterday morning. Be careful ladies - tell your OH's cleaning is bad for you!! :-D
Ps clairenicole you crack me up..superlungs!! Did make me laugh xx

Ps forgot to say joli, all they gave me was paracetamol and codeine and for some reason things just eased off. And apparently I've just to take things a bit easier but i am not confined to bed rest, thank goodness x

OK, new belly pics below. I'm HUGE. You can kind of see the new stretch marks on the lower side of my abs. They could certainly be worse, so whatev.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday--anyone have a weird stinging sensation around your sternum? I've been having rib pain, which I think I mentioned, but I'm also getting sharp pains on occasion around my sternum. It feels like muscle or skin pain, rather than any of my organs. AND most of the time, there's a large patch of skin around the sternum area that is actually numb to the touch. It's so bizarre. I assume it's pinched nerves or something and probably not worth calling the Dr about. Thoughts?

Attachments

• belly 33w6d.jpg
    belly 33w6d.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
  • belly 33w6d-b.jpg
    belly 33w6d-b.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
  • belly 33w6d-c.jpg
    belly 33w6d-c.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online