(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

I didnt have b.hicks early on in the game either, all this contrax business started around 35 weeks.. No contrax now.. when I am having them.. they are not THAT painful (on 1-10 , maybe a 5) I can handle it.. some of them make me just close my eyes and breath .. cant talk through them though..

Oh well.. doc said its just bad luck to have these episodes for so long.. Oh well..

Oh Devi! Hang on in there hun! I'm in the same boat..... Never had a Braxton Hicks before about a week ago and now I get them all the time but no progress on going into labour! It'll happen when we stop worrying about it I reckon so I've stopped being so darn uptight about it all.

On a positive note..... My little boy Jack has taken his first unaided steps today at 18 months..... I'm soooooo proud of him and he was so very pleased with himself! The first person to witness it was my Mum which was lovely for her and she's got a real bond with him now too. :)

Thanks ladies - it's so misleading when I read all the books and they keep saying that we are likely to have experiences Braxton Hicks by now, so I was wondering why I felt nada - although GG, I'm getting a lot of feet sticking out the sides too - such a strange and awesome feeling!

Devi - I suppose 5/10 pain is bearable, but when you have to go through as many of them as you have, it must be so exhausting! Have you thought of using any natural methods to induce labour?

Tink - I hope your baby arrives soon too! How wonderful about Jack's first steps! What a precious moment :)

Devi...can't believe they wouldn't induce you! 26th is a good day though, it's DHs birthday on the 27th :thumbup:. Libras rock!!!!

Joli...I have been treated to BH from about 20 weeks! :dohh:

joli - natural induction methods that I know of:

Castor oil - NO WAYS IN HELL AM I DRINKING IT!!
Sex - DH has helped out a few times (considering he is paranoid of hurting the baby)
Accupressure - i have been pressing the points till my fingers are numb
Birthing ball bounce - been bouncing , has helped lower the baby though, from -2 station last week to 0 station this week.
walking - 10mins , gives me crazy contrax for a while very very painful, so I am taking it easy..

Dont know what else to do .. any suggestions?

tink!! congrats on the kiddo walking!! YAY.. u must be so proud..

Devi, try Eggplant Parmesan, supposedly the herbs in it (basil and oregano) will put you in labor pretty quick!

Joli - I've had braxtons since bout 22 weeks and they ain't that pleasant tbh, but are certainly less painful than the real thing
Tink/devi - can't believe those babes of your don't want to make an appearance yet, try a nice vindaloo!! :)

Devi...can't remember if I said before but pelvic rotations on all fours, on a ball...anywhere are supposed to be good to help dilation. There is a lot of debate about castor oil so I would steer clear (not that I need it right now lol).
It would appear the best way to have a baby though is to arrange an induction date and buns will arrive a few days before! I found it really lovely and interesting you want to share your bday with your baby. My friend was horrified at the thought of having her daughter on her birthday because it would "ruin it" :shrug: I personally think it's AWESOME! My birthday is 4 days after my mums and I think it makes us a bit closer!

Devi - GG is right, I've heard spicy food often does the trick, so maybe treat yourselves to some vindaloo??? One of my friends was doing squats and that induced her labour too - I suppose the birthing ball is kind of similar.

2016 - can't believe you've been having BH since 20 weeks!! and Ladybird since 22 weeks! I bet after my whole episode, baby will decide to stay in as long as possible!

Strangest thing happened this morning though - I finished having a shower, and was putting on my Bio Oil, and then as I was putting them on by BBs, out of sheer curiosity, I gave my nips a little squeeze, and a tiny bit of some thickish yellowish liquid came out!! Totally strange - and nips have been sensitive to airconditioning all day!

It''s my baby shower tomorrow!! Really excited cause I've never been to one! One of my girlfriends has totally organised it at her house, with catering, drinks, decoration and games, so looking forward to it! :)

Strangest thing happened this morning though - I finished having a shower, and was putting on my Bio Oil, and then as I was putting them on by BBs, out of sheer curiosity, I gave my nips a little squeeze, and a tiny bit of some thickish yellowish liquid came out!! Totally strange - and nips have been sensitive to airconditioning all day!

Hun, that's what they are supposed to do! Just wait till the baby comes and see what happens!

I don't want to have spicy food. It Might give me heartburn and I'm Indian so my body is kinda used to it.

Last night I had another episode of crazy contrax. It hurt so bad. I was crying in pain. But after 2 hours of this it went away. I don't know what the f is going on.

Today I am ok.

Oh happy due date to me!

One at due date, one over due, and one for sure popping on the 22nd. We all got pregnant about the same time, are we all going to deliver at the same time? Just a thought! What if all the of us went on the 22nd?

Strange but cool...

Happy due date Devi.... Sorry things haven't started properly for you yet. Hope it will be soon for us both x

Devi...happy due date! Can't remember how long Pandu has been torturing you but it feels like weeks you poor thing!

MM...would be really crazy cool if any of you deliver on the same day! Not long for you now! :)

Joli...I noticed last week mine had started leaking! Why does everything happen to me do early? Do you think I should worry my body is going to try evict Squiggle too soon...?:shrug:

2016, I've been leaking since about 10 weeks, it's normal hun. Boobs do strange things!

Speaking of normal.... it's normal for me to start getting a little anxious now, so once again, I'm trying to keep myself occupied. I'm not 'scared' or anything, it's pre-surgery jitters and I have my moments where I don't think I'm going to make it to the scheduled day, only done that once. I have like 6 phone numbers to call to find DH at work, people that I know there, security, management, lol, it's a very big place where he works and there are several buildings outside the plant where he has to go some times. AND it could take him an hour to get back home if something does happen... which I'm hoping nothing does.

I want to get to my date, I want MIL to be here. Come that morning, I'll be fine.. well better. I'll still be nervous a little about the actual surgery, excited that OUR SON will finally be here safe in our arms, and relieved that's it's all over with and that I didn't have another preemie. I will be sad that I'm not having anymore but I am finally admitting that I don't think I could emotionally handle another pregnancy. I worried and stressed too much this time to actually enjoy this pregnancy as much as I wanted.

I know I'm going to cry the minute I hear Charlie cry and I'll bawl louder than he will when I see him. We've been waiting for this for 3 very long years

Happy due date, Devi (am I a day late??)!
Re: leaking colostrum, Joli, I've been having that too--since about 5-6 mo, here and there. I had blood mixed in for a while too, but that stopped. For the last week or so, when I am lying down on the couch or leaning again my arms at my desk at work, it starts leaking out and soaking through my shirt!! Time to start using breast pads.

I'm actually a little concerned about breastfeeding. Sorry for tmi, but my nipples are usually pretty flat so I'm wondering how that will work. We took a 2 hour breastfeeding course today and the teacher said it shouldn't be an issue but I don't quite believe it.
BUT at least with the leaking, I know they should work like they're supposed to...as long as baby can latch. Eek.

Any other news??

Happy due date, Devi (am I a day late??)!
Re: leaking colostrum, Joli, I've been having that too--since about 5-6 mo, here and there. I had blood mixed in for a while too, but that stopped. For the last week or so, when I am lying down on the couch or leaning again my arms at my desk at work, it starts leaking out and soaking through my shirt!! Time to start using breast pads.

I'm actually a little concerned about breastfeeding. Sorry for tmi, but my nipples are usually pretty flat so I'm wondering how that will work. We took a 2 hour breastfeeding course today and the teacher said it shouldn't be an issue but I don't quite believe it.
BUT at least with the leaking, I know they should work like they're supposed to...as long as baby can latch. Eek.

Any other news??

Hun, mine are flat, lol they never stand at attention! :haha: I nursed 5 already, going to do it again. Baby will draw the nipple into the back of the mouth, doesn't have to be a perky nipple, they figure it out.

aw, it's good to know my bb's are just wierd! Any advice on whether we should avoid leaking as much possible since the colustrum is supposed to be all the good stuff? Or should we encourage leaking to get the bb's going?

Devi - Happy D-day!!! I am really so sorry that you're suffering so much! It won't be for much longer hon, just hang in there!!

MM - I'm not surprised you're feeling jitters, but you must be soooo excited!!

Hibiscus - I'm not sure about flat nipples, I have the opposite problem, mine are always embarassingly standing to attention, but I'm worried about breastfeeding as well, cause they are always sooooooooooo sensitive and if they get even a little bit cold, they are sore for hours afterwards, so no idea how I"ll cope with a little babe suckling on them!

2016 - Stuff does seem to be happening for you really early - I wonder if it is a sign at all that your body is ready for everything, or if it's just something all women get regardless of when their babies will arrive...?

Joli...I reckon I'm just wierd! :haha: Dont think Squiggle is going to arrive early anymore - my guess is New Years eve which is 1 week over! I don't think it matters what you lose from your bbs, your body just makes more. Do think it is probably best not to squeeze them or you might reach the shirt wetting stage earlier! That's only my guess tho...maybe the experienced gals would know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->