(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

All the very best for charlies safe arrival. Look forward to seeing pics soon!!

Mommymichele..... All the best with Charlie's arrival tomorrow. I hope he arrives safely and wish you a speedy recovery. Can't wait to see the pics soon! ;) x

Thank you ladies. I couldn't have made it this far without the support of my fellow Aphrodite Mama's!

Good luck MM!!! Can't wait to meet your little man. :happydance:

Awwww!! MM I can't wait to see the litlte guy!!! YAY! if you camera phone me a picture I'll put it up :D

Best of luck MM!!! Get back to us asap to let us know how everything goes - can't wait to see the pics!! :happydance:

Awwww!! MM I can't wait to see the litlte guy!!! YAY! if you camera phone me a picture I'll put it up :D

I don't have picture mail hun, not worth the money. I should be on the computer later tomorrow if we get a signal. Thank you though.

All the best MM !! Wish u a speedy recovery.. Take lots of pics.. cant wait to see charlie! Take care..

Thinking of Mommymichele today and sending her lots of positive birth energy! ;)

..... What a manic half a day Ive had! I'm still hanging on here but have only just found out that the lovely new birthing centre I was booked into is closed until 11 Oct with no given reason. The local hospital who have one birth pool room have currently got that birth pool out of order due to a leak! I went into blind panic as I cannot bear the thought of having this baby out of water (having had one baby in a birth pool and one not). So now frantically trying to organise a home birth and hiring an inflatable birth pool. I really need the arrangements in place today as I am 41 weeks today!!!! Aaarrrggghhh stress I don't need!!! :(

Devi and Tink - I was just doing some reading and thought you two might benefit from this (I am typing it from scratch, so apologies in advance for any typos):

"There is a restaurant in America Scalini's which states that, after eating their Eggplant Parmesan alla Scalini you have not started labour within 2 days, then you can go back for "another try on the house". It is interesting to note that within the recipe are the herbs Oregano and Basil, which are described in aromatherepy circles as havin properties which may cause contractions, though it is not yet known how or in what quantities. The recepit, courtesy of Scalini's in Cobb County, Georga:

- 3 medium sized eggplants
- 1 cup flour
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups fine Italian bread crumbs, seasoned
- Olive oil for sauting
- 8 cups marinara sauce (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 pounds mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups ricotta cheese

1. Wash eggpalnt, slice into 1/4 inch thick slices. You may choose to peel the eggplant before you slice it, but you may want to leave the skin on since it contains a lot of vitamins.
2. Place the eggplant slices on a layer of paper towels and sprinkle with a little salt, then cover with another layer of paper towel and hold it down with something heavy to drain the excess moisture. Let them sit for abotu an hour.
3. Working with one slice of eggplant at a time, dust with flower, dip in beat in eggs and cost well with breadcrumbs.
4. Saute in preheated olive oil on both sides until golden brown.
5. In baking dish, alternate laywers of marinara sauce, eggplant slices, ricotta, parmesan an Romano cheeses, until you will the baking dish about 1.8 inches from the top. Cover with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake for 25 mins in a 375 degree oven. Let sit 10 mins before serving.

Scalini's Marinara Sauce:

- 2 tbs chopped garlic
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 8 cups chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper
- 1/8 cup fresh chopped sweet basil
- pinch of thyme
- punch of rosemary
- 1 tsp sale
- 1 tsp black petter

1. Lightly saute onions in olive oil
2. Add garlic and saute another minute.
3. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil, then turn heat low
4. Add remaining ingredients, stir, cover and let simmer for one hour stirring

Bon appitite!! :flower:

Thinking of Mommymichele today and sending her lots of positive birth energy! ;)

..... What a manic half a day Ive had! I'm still hanging on here but have only just found out that the lovely new birthing centre I was booked into is closed until 11 Oct with no given reason. The local hospital who have one birth pool room have currently got that birth pool out of order due to a leak! I went into blind panic as I cannot bear the thought of having this baby out of water (having had one baby in a birth pool and one not). So now frantically trying to organise a home birth and hiring an inflatable birth pool. I really need the arrangements in place today as I am 41 weeks today!!!! Aaarrrggghhh stress I don't need!!! :(

OMG Tink, what a nightmare!!! I really really hope you can get everything sorted soon. It's the last thing you need right now! I really hope things fall into place quickly for you! :thumbup:

Thanks for the recipe Joli! I may need it but not today as I need baby to hold on now until after my midwife home visit appointment tomorrow afternoon! Today I have tired myself out preparing our conservatory for a home birth including pumping up the birth pool and plastic sheeting all of the furniture etc! Can't believe how my plans have changed! Will keep you all posted! ;)

Oh my tink! Gosh a home birth now. Wow. Hope u get everything sorted out soon!!

Joli thanks for the recipe. I don't really like eggplant. But I might give it a shot. Either ways getting induced on Saturday. Doc called to let me know it's been scheduled. & I must be ready to rock n roll the moment hospital calls me Saturday morning. Can be as early as 7.30am. So got to be ready Friday night.

ooohhh - Tink and Devi, I'm so excited for you!!! Tink, I can't believe you're doing a home water birth, that's so awesome!! We can't do water birth in Hong Kong, it's just not available. Devi - are you going to have an epidural after your induction? I've heard the contractions can come on pretty powerfully.

Oohh Devi how exciting! At least you know what the plan is if you don't spontaneously go into labour before Saturday. I hope it all goes well for you and I'll be sending you some positive vibes!

Joli..... Can't believe a water birth is not an option in Hong Kong! I thought they would be keen on promoting it there. Just goes to show how very different cultures and practices are around childbirth. Would you have been interested if it were an option for you there?

I think MM would have had charlie by now.. cant wait for a update..

Tink...glad you got your pool sorted. Hope your home birth is just fab.

Devi...really not long for you now!

Joli...I have stored that recipe away for future use! Looks like a fair bit of work (for a woman who can't be bothered to cook anything these days and just eats cereal :blush:) but it sounds yummy!

Anyone heard from Nicole recently btw? :shrug: I miss her! :hugs:

afm........3rd tri tomorrow and my ticker moved up a block! :yipee:

Tink - I would have totally been interested in waterbirth if they had the option here - in the prenatal classes we've been taking, we were learning about the best positions to give birth in, and they said that the squatting position was best if we could handle it, but in HK, the doctors at the last minute will still ask you to get onto the bed, so you just have to stand your ground, be really firm and refuse to move! can you imagine!? The medical care here is superb, but it's very conservative and they err on the side of caution allll the time!

2016 - I'm not a big fan of eggplant, but I think it's the marinara sauce that has all the necessary herbs, so I was thinking of making spaghatti or lasagne instead! Yeah for 3rd tri!!! How time flies!!!! I haven't heard from Nicole at all - are you out there???.... :shrug:

Ladies....... My labour has started!!!!! Pains woke me at 3am and I felt wet down there! Not my waters going but just lots of discharge (sorry if tmi!). It's 5:45am now and I have my TENS machine on but am resting in bed. Will keep you posted as and when I'm able.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->