(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

PS - GG on my pack of RLT, it says to drink 4 cups a day, do you think that's too much!?

hey everyone, sorry for not posting in so long, we just moved last Friday and I was overwhelmed trying to take care of ds while packing and cleaning. Just got the internet back!! :) and things are finally calming down, just unpacking the rest of my stuff when I feel like it now that most stuff is set up.

Joli: I'm a bit late but those maternity pics were just beautiful, you look fantastic!!! Glad you're doing better now! I can't believe how close you're getting!

2016: You've got such a nice bump! You've really popped in the last couple of weeks, just finished reading your journal but haven't posted yet. Thanks for messaging me as well. :hugs:

devi: Congratulations!!! The hospital photo shoot was beautiful, love seeing pics of your handsome little man! What a difference in the photos we can buy at our hospital, ours are just one awkward looking head on shot.

tink: Congratulations on Theo!!! Was looking at the facebook pics, he's gorgeous! and what a birth story, you should be so proud of yourself! I'm always in awe when people can do it naturally (I couldn't the first time and doubt I will this time, although I'll give it a whirl at least for awhile)

mommymichele: Congratulations on Charlie, he's so beautiful, can't wait for more pics! How are you doing?

gg: Haven't stopped by your journal but I will soon, hope there's more bump pics!! I love the name you picked, so pretty! and your nursery looks great! not long for you either!! yay!

clairenicole: Did I remember right, you might be induced soon? I should just look back a few pages...have you posted any new bump pics lately? How's it going with the nutruitionist? will have to catch up in your journal too!

hibiscus: as always just love your bump! and what a great pic you got! He's so cute! did you ever get rid of the breathlessness? Just being nosey but have you decided on a name?

ladybird: I've had that feeling the last couple of days, with a lot of period type cramps, worried me a little but ds dropped at 32 weeks so maybe this one is similar. When do you find out if he's engaged?

little aurora: 2 months already!!! That's crazy, I don't know why time seems to go faster once the baby comes, that's when it needs to slow down!

does anyone else have facebook? hope I didn't miss anyone! I can't believe so many babies are here already!

aww nicole we have missed you! my due date buddy (ish) we all wondered were u had gone, hope ur well.

Joli - I think u have to work up to that many cups, if you can stomach 4 cups a day go for it but its yack yack yack!!

I didn't drink the tea as I didn't fancy it! Lol I had the tablets instead! So much easier but more expensive! I bought the higher strength tablets, think they were 750mg per tablet and I was taking one a day initially and then two a day with meals. Don't know if it has anything to do with it but my labour was much shorter and I had Braxton Hicks before labour too and I've never experienced those before. I think both are attributable to taking the RLT tablets.

Nicole...lovely to have you back and thanks for trawling through a catch up on my journal!

GG...I love the taste of RLT! Can't wait to stop drinking it. My yoga instructor reckons taking EPO (or better using the 500mg caps as a pessary) after 37 weeks work wonders to get babies to arrive on time. Don't know if I believe any of it tbh! :rofl:

2016 its minging haha to be fair when i finished up it had gone cold Iv had a tip of putting some sugar in it to make it taste nicer so might try that. Were did u get the caspules from tink? do hollond and barrett do them or is it just the tea they do? x

GG.... I bought my RLT tablets on eBay for about £8 but Holland and Barrett do them too I believe.

Just had midwife appointment and I'm now discharged. Theo weighs 9lb 9oz now and put on 11oz in 5 days!!!! Reckon my breastmilk must be gold top! Lol ;)

Yeah Nicole!! So great to hear from you! We've all been wonderin how you've been doing! Glad you've moved now - DH and I are moving next Friday - probably not the smartest thing to go 2 weeks before D-day, but great excuse for me not to be able to lift a finger! How have you been feeling? Have you had any new scan pics since we last heard from you?

GG - I have tried putting honey in my RLT and is seems to help a bit, but it is gross! It's really really hard to find in Hong Kong though, I found 1 store that stocks it...but I have no idea whether we can get it in pill form... hmm... think I will have to investigate this!!

Tink - awesome that Theo Jamie is doing so well! I hope we're all just as lucky with our breastfeeding. :)

Yay welcome back nicole! Hope all went well with the move and you're finally starting to get straight.
I've been drinking RLT for about a week now, only trouble is it makes my heartburn a lot worse (I suffer terribly with it anyway). But no pain no gain eh. My 2nd stage with my last son was much easier and I'm sure RLT helped.
I've also heard clary sage oil is good for getting things going too, but obviously I'm too early to start that yet.
Tink - sounds like you are doing a great job with breastfeeding if Theo has put that much on in a week.
Oh and I've found my exercise/birthing ball so that's now pumped up and ready in the living room, will prob have a go later

Stopping to check in! My family just left, and we are on our own now, it's been a very long 2 weeks, maybe now I can get to know my son a little better!

Charlie is back up to birth weight although he only lost 4 ounces since birth. We're supplementing once a day to help him put on weight. Breastfeeding is going well but my supply took a major drop and I'm trying to get it back up. I've come down with yet another cold! Seems to be a monthly thing!

Hello everyone! Dr. says everything is going great with bubs! She almost dropped me today at lunch we were standing up to pay and I got this like PAIN in my downstairs and it took everything I had to stay standing! I was leaning on OH!! He was like WTF lol. I forgot about how fun that last few weeks are with everything in your body getting ready to go! My other awesome news is that we FINALLY got approved for WIC!! Which means we get milk and bread and cheese and cereal and fresh fruits and veggies!!! YAY! And if something happens and I can't breastfeed then we get formula..... which will help SO MUCH! I'm super excited about that! I feel like all we pay is taxes its about time they give us a little back!

I'm SO READY to be done being pregnant! The nursery is DONE... and I'm just ready! I'm getting more and more excited about breast feeding too! Its gotta be an incredibly close feeling to the baby!!! I feel bad that OH doesn't get that kind of bonding time!!!

Hib- I'm soooo jealous of your 3D scan pic! I get NOTHING when I go in!! Baby covers her face all the time and now shes so squished they said...we never see any good pics! And now she has hands AND feet in front of her face!! Its silly really. Our baby is such a stinker! Your way lucky that your picture turned out so well! what a cute baby!

Nicole- Welcome back!!! I hope the move went okay and your not stressing yourself out too much!!! I'm going to be induced at the latest on the 23rd but if I look like I might go into labor before that shes going to induce on the 18th! Which means 12 more days :| Shes going out of town on the 20th and 21st so she doesn't want me to go into labor while shes gone... and neither do I!!!

Joli- I hope the RLT starts workin for you! you actually have Braxton hicks throughout the whole pregnancy! Its just a matter of when you can start to feel them! Your body is going to be ready no matter what don't worry!!

Ladybird - what is clary sage oil? I was wondering do you know what the difference is between a birthing ball and a normal swiss ball?

MM - great to hear from you! Charles was so little when he was born, so it's great that he's back up to birth weight.

ClaireNicole - I've heard of women in their last weeks suddenly get their legs taken out from under them, I think from baby kicking a nerve or something. Fantastic that you guys get assistance! That's really going to help with all the expenses of a little baby too! I didn't realise you get BH throughout your whole pregnancy!? I just figured that I had contractions before, so my body figures it knows what it's going to do, so doesn't feel like practicing any more! :rofl: I can't believe you're going to be induced so soooonn!! So exciting!!

Mm - good to hear from you, hope you get rid of your cold soon. Such good news Charlie is doing well and up to his birth weight.

Clairenicole - wow not long now before you meet your little girl, so exciting. Glad things went ok with your appointment yesterday.

joli - clary sage is an essential oil that can be used with a carrier oil for massage or can be inhaled by placing a few drops of neat oil on a tissue. It is only to be used after 38/39 weeks though. Apparently acupressure is also safe to be used to try and bring on labour if overdue or full term. If you google it then there are a few websites and videos that show you how to do it and which points to use.
Oh and to be honest Joli I don't know the difference between the different types of balls but just thought that I'd use my exercise ball that I already had to save money instead of buying a new ball! :)
I'm off to see the consultant at the hospital again this morning, hopefully itl just be for the usual 35 week stuff but we shall see x

Hey Ladybird - thanks for all the info! I wish so badly there was a Holland & Barrett here, it's so hard to find anything remotely natural! But a lot of women here have accupuncture around 39 weeks to help to induce labour.

I'm trying to decide whether to buy a TENS machiene or not - any of you ladies who have had babies have any advice on whether this is really effective or not?

Joli...my yoga instructor says there's no difference between the two balls...it just needs to be big enough. If you are under 5ft8 then you need 65cm and if over then you need the biggest size which I think is 75cm. I am using mine from now while I watch telly to make sure I'm not slouching on the sofa which is apparently very bad for bubs positioning. Squiggle seems to favour transverse so I hope I can train him otherwise! I just won't be doing any major bouncing on the ball until 37 weeks.

I have heard clary sage can be used in the bath too and can work as a pain reliever in labour as well as helping to bring on contractions.

Afm...every time I eat these days I get nasty tummy pains 15 minutes after and normally end up dashing to the loo :(. Hope the excess BMs don't bring on contractions early for me! I don't find pregnancy enjoyable and am so uncomfortable but I wouldn't dare wish him out just yet...not until 36 weeks at least. Was joking with my mum yesterday that, if he were me, he'd be here by now! Was really surprised when my mum told me how long I was in hospital after being born at 28 weeks. I always presumed it was months because I was under 2lbs when born. In fact they let me out in just 4 DAYS because I was BF and everything! Is that even possible??? :shrug:

I used a TENS machine each time and found it helped if only to distract me during contractions by pressing the boost button! Lol I think some women find them more beneficial than others. I've got a Babycare Elle TENS and I think it's one of the better brands on the Market and is reccommended by midwives.

Afm...every time I eat these days I get nasty tummy pains 15 minutes after and normally end up dashing to the loo :(. Hope the excess BMs don't bring on contractions early for me!

meeee 2!! what is it??? I thought i was going to go into labour the other day i was sweating and rolling round the floor double up and started to get backache, all whilst crying for my mammy hahaha I thought it might ahve been iron tablet, are u taking iron? x

Thanks for the advice 2016 and Tink! Tink - I'm going to see if I can find some TENS online to order, I suppose even if they don't work for labour, I can always use them for my or DH's sports injuries!

2016, maybe you should see the doc about getting tummy pains after eating, that's terrible, you poor thing! I can't believe you were only 2lbs when you were born!!!

oh GG, it totally sounds like your baby is engaged! I had my prenatal class today and the midwife said that women feel braxton hicks differently and they don't realise that's what it is - but she said a lot of women get the trots, and some get the aching backache. She said to me that she thought my belly still looked pretty high, so I don't think by baby is engaged. I've been taking iron since my operation - it can cause constipation, so i've been having prune juice every day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->