(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

Thanks for sharing about Iwanta8a8y, 2016! That's great news. I'll keep checking to see if she posts some pics.

And, Nicole, so nice to hear from you! It's been a while. It sounds like everything is going well :)

Ladybird--thanks for mentioning the clary sage oil. I haven't heard about that! I've been trying to think of some home remedies. My favorite tea, "Egyptian Licorice" by Yogi, has been off-limits because the licorice can induce contractions, but now it's probably OK to start drinking it again. It could be coincidence, but I swear I've had mild menstrual-like cramps since I had some yesterday afternoon.

Joli--that stinks about the 3D pic. Boo! BUT it will be an even bigger surprise to see baby's face--there's always that silver lining. Also, sorry about the protein in your urine. I wouldn't worry too much about it, though, since you're so far along now. If it had showed up 8 weeks ago, then you might worry that it could spiral out of control or something but worst case scenario now is that they would want you to deliver a little early, right? And your BP is OK, so I bet not.
And what is RLT? Sounds like something to help induce contractions?

Hey Hibiscus - it's funny that you mention liquorice tea, I love liquorice, and I've been eating it for the last 2 months, I've just been craving it... but I had no idea it could cause contractions! Maybe it's just the tea version? You're right about the protien in the urine, the worst that could happen is that they do delivery earlier, but I honestly think everything is ok. RLT is Red Leaf Tea, apparently it does help contractions along.

Ladybird - I'll get myself some clary sage oil once I reach 37 weeks! I was trying to do some reading about it, do you by any chance know if you want to mix if with a carrier oil, what the quantity ratio is? I'm just wondering cause I'm not sure if you can rub is straight into your skin, or if it's better to dilute it with a carrier oil...!?

PS - most of you probably already know this, but for those of you who don't know, after some reading on clary sage oil, all websites give a big warning not to use normal sage oil, because it can be toxic to the baby.

Joli...always dilute clary sage (or any essential oil) in a carrier oil eg. Almond or olive oil. I think 6-8 drops in a tablespoon of carrier oil should be about right. Or you can put about 8 drops in your bath.
I craved liquorice like mad for all of first tri! Never caused any contractions though...:shrug:

Hey Hibiscus - it's funny that you mention liquorice tea, I love liquorice, and I've been eating it for the last 2 months, I've just been craving it... but I had no idea it could cause contractions! Maybe it's just the tea version? You're right about the protien in the urine, the worst that could happen is that they do delivery earlier, but I honestly think everything is ok. RLT is Red Leaf Tea, apparently it does help contractions along.

Ladybird - I'll get myself some clary sage oil once I reach 37 weeks! I was trying to do some reading about it, do you by any chance know if you want to mix if with a carrier oil, what the quantity ratio is? I'm just wondering cause I'm not sure if you can rub is straight into your skin, or if it's better to dilute it with a carrier oil...!?

Yeah, there's a warning on the tea for preg women not to drink it, so I looked it up during my last pregnancy (one of the miscarriages) and apparently licorice root can cause contractions! So, I think this applies to it in all forms. Thanks for the info about the RLT. I'll see if I can find some.
I mentioned to DH last night that I was trying to induce contractions and he was shocked I would do that. I just want this baby out now! :wacko:

Yeah, there's a warning on the tea for preg women not to drink it, so I looked it up during my last pregnancy (one of the miscarriages) and apparently licorice root can cause contractions! So, I think this applies to it in all forms. Thanks for the info about the RLT. I'll see if I can find some.
I mentioned to DH last night that I was trying to induce contractions and he was shocked I would do that. I just want this baby out now! :wacko:

I totally know where you're coming from, I'm really loving being pregnant but at the same time, I'm so anxious to meet the little guy! Honestly have eaten a ton of liquorice - woops!! The midwife said it was fine to start on the RLT now, and when I get to 37 weeks, I'll give the oil a try! Do you know if your baby is engaged? Mine isn't yet, but I've read doing squats should help.

I totally know where you're coming from, I'm really loving being pregnant but at the same time, I'm so anxious to meet the little guy! Honestly have eaten a ton of liquorice - woops!! The midwife said it was fine to start on the RLT now, and when I get to 37 weeks, I'll give the oil a try! Do you know if your baby is engaged? Mine isn't yet, but I've read doing squats should help.

I asked the Dr this week and she said that he's not engaged, but is head down and pretty low, at least. It might not happen til the day I deliver, so I'm trying not to count on it for any relief from rib kicks :D

I hadn't heard about the squats. I'll give it a try! Thanks :thumbup:

Hey ladies! I just got back from the docs :| They had me come in and do a UA because they founf protein in MY urine too Joli! Doc says don't worry about it... my BP is normal and no one is worried... so I'm not either!

Nothing else new to report really :| I haven't had any RLT... because I don't even know where to find it! My camera battery is charging!!! YAY! So I can see if I can get some pictures of the nursery and of the bump!!

Joli...always dilute clary sage (or any essential oil) in a carrier oil eg. Almond or olive oil. I think 6-8 drops in a tablespoon of carrier oil should be about right. Or you can put about 8 drops in your bath.
I craved liquorice like mad for all of first tri! Never caused any contractions though...:shrug:

Thanks for this 2016! Sorry I missed this post yesterday :wacko: Very helpful to know!! Quite looking forward to an excuse to ask DH for a massage! :)

ClaireNicole - really interesting that so many of us have protien in our urine - can you imagine going through this without each other? I'm sure I'd be so much more of a nervous wreck, but it's good to know that others are going through the same thing, having the same tests etc! :hugs:

well mine came back clear, im guessing maybe sample was just a bit contaminated with some of our lovely discharge x

Just checking in ladies! Charlie keeps me pretty busy, we're on a nursing sabbatical this weekend, just me and him skin to skin and no visitors for 3 days. It's improved our breastfeeding so much! He's been a little fussy.... well fussy enough to where I was so busy caring for him that I didn't get to eat for nearly 24 hours! Little stinker! I think we have it figure out though.

Waiting for his cord to fall off in the next day or so, so I can give the boy a proper bath and put his nonexistent tushy in cloth diapers!

ah thats lovely mm, im looking into cloth after we use up the disposible, didnt think i would be able to use them but they seem pretty easy

afm - I bought some RLT capsules today woohoo no more ming tea and some clary sage oil - which i know is too early to use yet (the woman nearly wouldnt sell it me lol) x

Sounds like Charlie is certainly keeping you busy mm, I'm sure everything will settle down x

GG I think I'm gonna do exactly the same and get some RLT tablets. Even though I like the tea it's just giving me too much heartburn. A trip to holland barratt on Monday for me I think!

ah now that u mention it! THATS WHATS INCREASED MY HEARTBURN!!! thanks LB x

GG...funny they nearly wouldn't sell you the clary sage. I bought some in boots the other day no questions asked! Obv I'm not going to use it now but the oils were 3 for two and I wanted bergamot and lavender. Bizarre thing was in order to buy pure almond oil to use as a carrier for the stronger essential oils, they made me ask the pharmacist for it behind the counter! :dohh: I mean that's nuts - almond oil is such a safe mild oil, like olive oil and you could safely drink it if you were daft. That's over the counter but any other potent essential oil in easy reach on a low shelf? :shrug:

Set back in my recovery. Chest cold is causing me some pain, so I need to take it easy, not that I've been doing much at all but feeding Charlie and sleeping. I'm going to the Dr about this, not like the last time I had this and ended up with double pneumonia. Have to wait till Tuesday since Monday is a waste of a day holiday.

I got myself some Clary Sage oil as well today! I was going to get Almond Oil, but the store lady suggested using Jojoba oil as the carrier - she said it had more moisture and no smell so it would keep the Clary Sage smelling strong. I'll start using it after we move this Friday to our serviced apartment (we've sold our apartment, but new house is still under construction...). I also ordered some RLT tablets online as well (can't seem to buy them here) - anyone know the best dosage to take?

MM - sorry you've got a chest cold - is there any risk of you passing a cold onto Charlie?

Joli, he should be fine, he's getting antibodies from my breast milk. I'm not running a fever or anything, just a little congested. He's not showing any signs of being sick.

I'm lurking girls... just feeling kinda yucky to be posting! Would all be complaints anyway! But didn't want you to think I was in labor!!

https://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/Mamabaum77/Charlie/S6301586.jpghttps://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/Mamabaum77/Charlie/S6301585.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->