(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

hmmm interesting, she wasnt engaged at my appointment but was head down.. but I think she moves in and out to be honest as sometimes I get those electric shock pains that take my breath away x

GG - I have been wondering whether the baby can go in and then come out again, because sometimes I feel like baby has dropped, but was told last week that baby wasn't engaged. I have a 3D scan tomorrow, so I'll ask the question and will let you know!!

GG...nope no iron for me and it doesn't seem to be some food - it's ANY food! :dohh: I have had IBS in the past and it feels the same. Would love to take Buscopan for the cramps but that's a no no apparently.

Joli...forgot to say that my friends have all raved about TENS. My BF had her 9lbs girl in August with just TENS and gas&air and she isn't the toughest for pain IMHO so it must have worked. I am buying the machine off her second hand. Don't know if it matters but I noticed some TENS machines say they are for pregnancy and others say not suitable...not sure if there really is any difference tho.

Thanks 2016 - I've heard the midwife say there is no difference between the pregnancy one and the normal one - awesome to hear such great feedback on them! :)

Tink - I just ordered from the UK the TENS machine that you recommended! Thanks! :hugs:

how much did u pay joli and which site? Im thinking of getting one too x

If you're ordering from the UK, it's 53.99 quid (and free shipping), and i got it from this website (other websites seem to charge 60-70 pounds) -

https://www.win-health.com/actinic/acatalog/babycare_tens.html

Because I am overseas I get 17.5% off as I don't need to pay VAT, but then I have to pay shipping charges -poo! But the midwife told me that it's a good investment as you can use it for muscle strains or back or neck aches in the future, it doesn't have to be just for labour.

thanks, im not sure if I want to buy or rent, I dont think it will get used much if we buy it x

I was going to rent it, but it ended up costing about 15 quid more expensive to buy our own (since they generally ask you to start renting 2 weeks before your due date), so I thought I might as well buy one rather than rent it. Too bad we don't live nearby, then you could use mine! :)

GG...the one I am buying off my BF only cost about £30 which isn't too bad and it worked great!

2016 - you are spot on bout the clary sage oil, it can be used in the bath and during labour.
I had my hospital appt this morning and they are quite happy with me so from now on I only need to see the community midwife at my doctors, not the hospital. I'm so glad bout that, it's really stressful rushing up there and trying to find a parking place.
Bubs is still head down. I told her bout the pressure down below and the electric shock type pains and she said that he wasn't engaged this morning but he is probably popping in and out which is normal with this being my third baby. She also measured me and said my bump was spot on the middle line for my weeks. Told her I was relieved at this as my last midwife at 32 wks said I was 2 weeks ahead n having a whopper. She said that this just seems a nice normal size baby. Thank god for that!!!!

Joli.... I hope you find the Elle TENS useful. There's a great booklet with it that shows you the accupressure points which help induce labour and help with labour pains so you can familiarise yourself with them before the time comes.

Ladybird - I'm in the same position as you, baby sometimes drops into the pelvis, but he's not engaged yet. Doc said that engagement should happen any time soon. Baby is now 6.6 pounds! he's around the 67th percentile, so bigger than a normal baby, but not huge.

Unfortunately no 3D pics cause baby was facing my spine, so all we could see was the back of his head! oh well - guess it will make it even more of a surprise to see him on D-day! I did a urine test and twice I tested positive for some protiens, so they're testing to see if I have pre-eclampsia (eek!). My blood pressure was normal though, so hopefully they're just eer-ing on the side of caution.

Joli..... Towards the end of my pregnancy I had some traces of protein in my urine but my blood pressure was fine so they weren't worried. I think pre-eclampsia is more likely with high blood pressure.

Joli..... Towards the end of my pregnancy I had some traces of protein in my urine but my blood pressure was fine so they weren't worried. I think pre-eclampsia is more likely with high blood pressure.

Thanks Tink! I'm inclined to agree with you - my blood pressure is naturally on the lower side of normal, so I'd be surprised if I got this problem. Good to know that you had traces of protein too, but that it was no biggie :flower:

Oh - I forgot to mention, I started drinking RLT the last 2 days, and last night and today, I do believe that I have starting getting BH - so it must work (or be an enormous coinscidence!). But I ordered some tablets online cause I'm not sure I can continue to drink 3 cups of this stuff a day - ick!

joli I had protien in my urine the other day, she has sent it off to lab as most likely a uti just waiting to hear, as tink says as long as your bp isnt up I wouldnt worry about pre-eclamsia, also look out for overly swollen ankles that dont tend to go down when elevated as this is a sign x

joli I had protien in my urine the other day, she has sent it off to lab as most likely a uti just waiting to hear, as tink says as long as your bp isnt up I wouldnt worry about pre-eclamsia, also look out for overly swollen ankles that dont tend to go down when elevated as this is a sign x

Thanks GG! You and Tink have totally eased my mind :flower:

Just noticed on the 3rd tri thread that iwanta8a8y has had her baby:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/432099-had-our-beautiful-baby.html

I posted and told her I would put the link on here so you all can see. :happydance:

It seems to be that the BOYS are ruling the roost on the Aphrodite thread! :haha:

it certainly does doesnt it! our girls our out numbered claire and aurora!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->