(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

totally normal dont worry hun symptoms dont usually start to kick in till 6 weeks + x

Congrats, CN! Haven't had time to read your birth story yet but will do so soon.

Well...I ALSO have news to share with you ladies. I went into labor Tuesday night, when water broke after no contractions. Baby arrived yesterday at 5 PM EDT after 20 hours of labor including 3.5 hours of pushing. His name is Jack and was 8 lbs, 11 oz, 21 inches. He gave me a hard time for a while, but was born vaginally with no assistance (other than the miracle epidural). I'll be back online in a couple of days to share more including pics, and read more about Claire's experience!

Congrats, CN! Haven't had time to read your birth story yet but will do so soon.

Well...I ALSO have news to share with you ladies. I went into labor Tuesday night, when water broke after no contractions. Baby arrived yesterday at 5 PM EDT after 20 hours of labor including 3.5 hours of pushing. His name is Jack and was 8 lbs, 11 oz, 21 inches. He gave me a hard time for a while, but was born vaginally with no assistance (other than the miracle epidural). I'll be back online in a couple of days to share more including pics, and read more about Claire's experience!

OMG how wonderful!! what a beautiful name, congrats Hibiscus :happydance::happydance::yipee:
Cant wait to see the pics and hear more. Wow just as I get my bfp you guys are all having your babies.
there is going to be hardly anyone left soon to be bump buddies with
:hugs:

Hibiscus....lovely news! I am so glad your little boy didn't keep you waiting past due because I know you were so ready to have him...and at 8lbs 11 I bet you're glad he didn't cook much longer! Excellent weight and you did a sterling job of delivery by the sounds of it!!! I adore the name Jack too! :thumbup:
Look forward to updates and piccies!!!!! :flower:

Britt....don't you worry, I will be here for a while yet! :friends: I was having the same thought just before you joined the grads because these Aphrodite babies are arriving like busses now it seems! :happydance:
It is pretty normal to feel no symptoms for a couple more weeks yet (in fact some lucky people never do) - so much for the lie of symptom spotting in the TWW. One thing I do remember from the early weeks, although not everyone gets this, was severe cramping...worse than any period pain! Woke me in the night every 2-3 days and made me worry like hell but it was just my body saying "blinking heck what's going on here!" :haha:
I'm pleased AF stayed away and she will continue to do so! :smug:
Anyway, I have little doubt you will be reeling from MS in a short while and wishing for it to stop! :haha:

Okay first of all :happydance: YAY!!!!! I'm so happy for you!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!!!! But I still won that race lol by a few hours! Epidural=amazing I know!!!! I'm so happy for you for real!!!

I'm home now! We could have stayed another night but just didn't see a reason too!!! Baby is a latcher! So thats good... but I think shes starting to have problems getting enough milk (collostrum) and I'm worried about that... I'm actually worried about EVERYTHING. Justin and I went to lunch today while mom watched Payson.... and I was a nervous wreck! she called to ask me something about the computer and I was SURE she was going to tell me something was wrong when the phone rang... now i'm just sitting here waiting for her to make noise!!! My bbs HURT way bad lol. BFing is kinda stinky! But I know it'll be better! and it is nice to have the bonding time! Althogh we're trying to feed every 2-3 hours and I haven't slept much since Monday night!!!!!

I hope all you ladies are doing well!

Britt- I didn't have any MS untill like 5 weeks and then it kicked in SO BAD! I was sick for 2 months straight!

Omg hibiscus, huge congrats to you. What a cracking weight he was and gotta agree that Jack is a lovely name. Babies are popping out like mad at the mo! X

CN good to hear you're home, I'm sure things will pick up with the BF'ding and you're doing a great job. x

congrats hib!! wow LB looks likes its u and me next..unless nicole sneaks in there before us !!
Britt I will still hang around here and im sure never,chia and taebo will be over soon!

Wow congrats hib!!!! You got yourself a big boy there !!! Good job mama.

Cn - lovely story if your birth. Hope u are recovering & getting some sleep. I am up @ 2 am now feeding. So mummy life is so different. Lol.

Britt - totally normal to be tired. I was sleeping at 7 pm everyday 1st tri. So tired. My m/s kicked in 6 weeks.

Wow Hibiscus!!!! Great news! Congratulations mummy! Jack is a wonderful name (my middle son is called Jack!) :) x

hibiscus: :happydance: Congratulations!!!! Such exciting news! Great that you went a bit early! Love the name so much!

clairenicole: She's beautiful!!! and you look great and so proud! Do you have fb?

joli: Love the video and pics of Harrison, such a sweet little guy! and I'm so jealous of how great you look after labour and delivery! How's everything going? Hope you're getting some rest!

Britt: I didn't have symptoms with ds right away and not a lot this time other than increased cm. tiredness is good though! When will you get an ultrasound?

gg: yay! anytime now for you!!!! Must be a great feeling! when is your dh back?

I have a question, tmi but I can't remember if anyone had this but is thick greenish yellow discharge okay? doesn't seem like an infection but i don't remember having this before.

I know wow its a race not for GG and LB....then soon to be Nicole! :hugs:
truly wonderful, beautiful babies.
I wish Joli would log on soon she doesnt even know my news yet or the new babies born :blush: but she has her hands full with little Harrison.

Thanks girls for the advice of lack of symptoms. That fatigue is something else though hey....just feel like a zombie but I am not sleeping well either.

So I saw the FS yesterday, he was a bit shocked to say the least :haha:
awesome, guy, he wants to follow me until 7 weeks, so he booked an u/s at 6+6 or 6+5 (I gave him the wrong period date lol). So looking forward to that, if that u/s is good than he will discharge me from the clinic.
I got all my money back less $650 which is great and the receptionist said this rarely happens... :)

Nicole- you need to change your siggy!! :winkwink:

:hugs:

OMG!!! Away for 5 days and SOOOOOOOOO much news!!!!!! Wow!!! This sure is a happy happy thread! :)

Britt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously screamed with joy when I saw your ticker, I am so so incredibly happy for you!!! This has totally made my day! Remember when I got my bfp, I had zero symptoms - I mean ZERO, I never got sick, tired, nauseas, cramps etc. so don't you worry!!!

Hibiscus and CN - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CN your pictures are gorgeous and your baby girl is just stunning, she has your eyes. Hibiscus I can't wait to see your pics and hear your full story!!

Wow, I am totally stunned right now!

I'm sorry I haven't been online for a while, we came home from hospital yesterday and I am utterly exhausted - I haven't slept longer than 3 hours or so each night, and I can't seem to sleep during the day. Baby Harrison has jaundice, and as an alternative to having phototherapy, we are being forced to give him formula for 48 hours. With the hormones, I got really upset that I can't breastfeed for 2 days, especially when it's been going so well. Motherhood is amazing, he seems so small, fragile and vulnerable to me, but such a miracle that I could stare at for hours on end.

Huge credit to you ladies who have a baby whilst having other kids too - our cats are attention starved and are getting to the point where they are getting annoying - I can't imagine having to balance my attention with another toddler!

Sorry ur havin a tough time joli, have u been told to just ff or can u supplement with bf? I'm just worried for u that if u don't bf for 2 days u will lose ur supply. Hope little man starts sleeping better soon xx

Nicole Is the discharge jelly like? Cud it be some plug? Dh is bk :) he was bk for weekend and we are going to visirt family and has just been informed he doesn't have to work away nxt week now :) phew x

Thanks GG :) I'm not allowed to bf him at all - apparently the hormones in my breastmilk can make his jaundice worse before it gets better. But I'm using a breastpump right now, I have to, my boobs feel like they're going to explode!! :rofl: Congrats on reaching term!!! Could be any day now!

Nicole- I think the keyword there is green... I don't think green is good at all in this case! I would call the doc and see if they want to do a few tests!!

Joli- parenting is tiring!!!! I'm so lucky to have my mom here helping us out! She makes my whole life easier right now!! and poor cats! lol

thanks joli, ah thats good :) its sad that u cant bf but u will be once jaundice eases up...hopefully wont be too much longer. I never knew that breast milk had that affect on Jaundice, learn something new everyday.

Thanks GG :) I'm not allowed to bf him at all - apparently the hormones in my breastmilk can make his jaundice worse before it gets better. But I'm using a breastpump right now, I have to, my boobs feel like they're going to explode!! :rofl: Congrats on reaching term!!! Could be any day now!

ahh thanks so much for the congrats hon, warms my heart. I was so excited for you to find out I could have burst :rofl:
funny after all this time, all the tests, clomid, and procedures and paper work for IVF to get a natural bfp....so pleased and still cant believe it :hugs:

also I do sell some phototherapy for the NICUs (I sell all L&D fetal monitors and NICU specialized incubators and warmers so really cool) and do you know that putting Harrison next to natural sunlight will actually bring down his bilirubin as well. Seriously put him by there for at least a few hours a day- phototherapy is just specialized intense light. Too bad you werent here I could get you a biliblanket photo system for home :hugs:

btw, Harrison is so freagin cute!! OMG love him

GG how are you feeling? anxious to have your baby? :hugs:

CN how are you? getting any sleep? sounds like you are settling into mommyhood well

afm- busy day, so tired, I had 2 birthday parties to go to tonight but I ditched on both of them. I also feel like I am coming down with a cold and I never get sick

also what do you ladies think about the flu shot? I dont ever get it and I am in out of hospitals all day and i havent gotten sick once. I know they try and pressure you into having that when your pregnant but I am worried about injecting something foreign into my body and the trace mercury for the baby.

Britt- I got the flu shot! My Dr. recommended it and I really trust her! But I talked to her about the risks and talked to my husband about it! I also had to get a tetnus shot after I gave birth.

I wouldn't be adjusting to mommyhood so well without my mom!!! I'm just the feeder mostly. I think I've changed one diaper! But thats okay because I'm soooooo tired!! I went to walmart today with my mom to get some stuff for me and baby and a few groceries.... and I wasn't taking any pain meds because I figured they wern't helping.... BAD IDEA!! Apparently my epidural site has been quiet because it was KILLING me when we were done!! I'm pretty sore! I just tried to sleep a little but baby isn't cooperating!!!!

Britt- I got the flu shot! My Dr. recommended it and I really trust her! But I talked to her about the risks and talked to my husband about it! I also had to get a tetnus shot after I gave birth.

I wouldn't be adjusting to mommyhood so well without my mom!!! I'm just the feeder mostly. I think I've changed one diaper! But thats okay because I'm soooooo tired!! I went to walmart today with my mom to get some stuff for me and baby and a few groceries.... and I wasn't taking any pain meds because I figured they wern't helping.... BAD IDEA!! Apparently my epidural site has been quiet because it was KILLING me when we were done!! I'm pretty sore! I just tried to sleep a little but baby isn't cooperating!!!!

Oh my gosh I cant believe you were out and about already ClaireN!!! seriously you need to rest and recover, but good for you for venturing out :thumbup: Hope Payson sleeps well for you soon.
I think I heard something of trying to wait past 3 months to get the flu shot have you heard that before?
actually I am ill right now and I never get sick, but I think I read that is normal, your immune system shuts down to protect the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->