(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

hey ladies, crazy busy day at work. Thanks for the 6 week wishes...that is so sweet, I must say I like the ring of that.

yes ladies watch that video with the volume up really loud...DH and I laughed so hard watching that...got to love animals

Devi- hope you feel better soon

Ladybird- OMG so exciting, so he is ready any time!! yeah, keep us posted :happydance:

GG- I am hoping things get easier soon

CN- she is so gorgeous, I love that you are taking her out everywhere already, :thumbup: thats how I would love to be.

2016- how are you doing today hon?

lol Britt! if you mean taking her everywhere by saying I hadn't left the house in over a week!! But Lunch with the family was pretty awesome! I had pumped and had a bottle... and she was really good in the car ride over there and then she woke up during lunch but we all took turns holding her and feeding her a little and she was super good!!! And she was still good all the way home... AND shes in her crib now! So shes still awesome! and I love her so much!!!!

GG - I'm suspecting that Harrison has colic too - poor boy has been sleeping, then waking up crying, and is awake for so long, nothing will console him except for going on my nipple, but I know he has a lot of trapped gas. DH and I were awake most the night with him, we even gave him a tummy tub bath at 3am, which soothed him for 50 mins sleep, but then more tears. I'm getting some infacol today too, and I really really hope it works. I hate seeing him suffer like this. Are you going to use it every feed? I've heard gripe water is good too, but you can't use it until baby is 1 month old?

Britt - omg, that video is hilarious - watching it has made me smile for the first time in the last exhausting 24 hours! Happy 6 weeks to you!! What is your due date?

CN - Payson is just gorgeous and she looks so happy! :) are you feeding her by express only or mixing with bf?

Ladybird - Now that you mention it from your midwife, I do remember reading that for your second child onwards, baby's head often doesn't engage until immediately before delivery. On the infacol, can I ask how often you used it with your boys and how soon you saw improvements?

Joli I'm almost exclusivly bfing! Shes only had 2 bottles in her whole life!

Britt...you should know better by now than to ask how I am :dohh:

So glad I am now only working 3 days a week because even that is a struggle. First day of the weekend yesterday and, I must say, what a bloody waste of a day off! My lower back has been playing up the last couple of weeks and siezed up a number of times making me unable to walk. Don't know if I mentioned getting stuck in town last week and having to get a colleague to help drag me back to work.
Now I'm afraid to go to lunch by myself so I either have to burden someone or just stay at the office. :blush:

Last few nights it has been particularly bad and it takes ages and some teeth gritting to get myself up to shuffle in agony to the loo. Wednesday night it was so bad I couldn't get up at all so DH had to near enough carry me there and back - 3 times!
Yesterday there is just no way to get comfy so all I have managed to do is take paracetamol and try sleep. Thought I could use my TENS machine but the instructions say not until 37 weeks! :hissy:

Called the midwife in desperation and she said there's nothing they can do (apart from having me go to physio which only happens next Thursday). She said she reckons I have a bulging disc and that the weight will just put more and more pressure on, potentially causing the disc to rupture eventually. She said they would induce me if it gets much worse to try prevent this permanent damage. I do not want to be induced because I then can't have a natural or water birth, but that seems to be the least of my worries right now! :cry:

Then the MW tells me my last blood results showed antibodies which could be making Squiggle anaemic. :nope: Of course the antibodies could be showing up because, instead of the tests being done at 28 weeks BEFORE the Anti-D injection, they were repeated at 31 weeks when there is a chance the antibodies from the jab are still lurking about so it’s not my body’s doing at all. Have to have the bloods repeated next week and see if the antibodies are going up or down. If they are going down it is likely it was just the injection but I will have to have repeat bloods until they disappear. If they are going up, however, we might be talking fetal blood transfusions!

Today my back feels so much better, but then I realise it's because Squiggle has slipped back into his favourite transverse position again. So it seems I have to choose between horrible rib pain and a baby in the wrong position, or terrible back pain that might force me to stay in bed and/or get me induced! Rock, hard place :shrug:

Joli - it is about 6 years since I used it so i am a bit rusty but I am sure I used it after everyfeed. I was lucky in that my boys fed every 4 hours like clockwork so I could monitor the dosage. I don't know how much you are allowed to give per day, especially not when bf'ding. I would ask your health visitor/midwife if they can recommend anything as I think there are also several other products out now that may suit too. It was effective and is certainly worth a try if poor harrison is in pain x

2016- sorry to hear your having such a nightmare hun, I really feel for you and hope your pain eases off xx

aww 2016 sorry your still having a tough time, will pop by your journal later today and have a proper catch up. :hugs:

Joli - Iv heard it works better if you use it before every feed but I have forgot a few times, we had a better night last night fed at 10 for an hour and then woke at 1.30 and fed and had her little awake time that she has in my womb, I gave her 10mls of expressed breast milk just before she went off about 3.30am and she didnt wake again (well I woke her) at 7.30, I think she got more sleep than me as I was just watching over her haha. She really likes to hold onto her wind like its gold or something the little monkey x

2016- that sounds really stinky hun! I don't understand why they won't give you something for the pain... drs were trying all over to give me pain killers for the migraines when I was getting them! You'd think a muscle relaxer would go a long way!! I hope it gets better for you! I'm just really happy that your pregnancy made it this far! There was that time when you didn't know if it would right? Your baby is going to be so worth all the pain I promise! But I hope you get your water birth if that is what your hoping for!! You deserve to be able to do this on your own terms :D Unfortunatly babies don't care lol :hugs: I hope you feel better soon!!!

yeh I know only too well babies come on their own terms, my pumkin decided to beat the crap out of my waters and then change her mind my birth plan went out the window at that point lol really hope u get the birth u want hun but as I said in ur journal u wont care once baby is here x

Thanks girls! :hugs:

CN...you are right, I was so afraid he would make an all too early arrival from around 20 weeks so I should be (and am) grateful I have made it to 33 weeks. Even if he arrived now, I am sure he would do just fine. I woke up this morning so happy because my back didn't hurt at all and I could walk pretty well. Sat on my ball for a while which moved Squiggle head down and now I am in agony again :(
Oh well. Only 4-9 weeks to go!

I am home with my baby!!! I had been having painful braxton hicks on and off for over a week but my gyno didn't think anything was going to happen yet. My water broke Thursday night around 8, they wanted to induce me and I agreed since with DS I went into labour on my own and still ended up getting induced. I got an epidural a couple of hours after they started the pitocin and he was born at 5:36 am November 5th. The delivery this time was much easier than with DS, he was out 6 mins after I started pushing, I'm somewhat embarrassed to say it only took 4-5 pushes. We got home this morning, haven't slept much since I went in so I'm going for a nap soon. Hope everyone is doing well!

Omg nicole!!!! Well done momma. Huge congratulations to you, I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see photos xx

Ps I still haven't had my baby and I feel like I'm gonna be pregnant forever (even though I know I won't!). It's really starting to get me down now and I'm starting to feel quite depressed about it. I dont seem to have any symptoms now and to top it off DH has been ill the last few days and is on antibiotics so I've been running round like an idiot doing everything. Sorry for the mini rant ladies I feel a bit guilty even typing this as feel awful for thinking like this as I'm not officially overdue til next week x

Yay Nicole!!! Huge congrats on the safe arrival of your little boy! How is your older son with him? Look forward to seeing the pics soon x :)

Ladybird.... Don't feel guilty hun! You are allowed to feel fed up as you've been pregnant for 9 months and it's not you, it's the hormones making you feel fed up, down and frustrated. I felt the same way. But the bliss hormones will kick in as soon as baby comes which will make you feel like a whole new person again. Hang on in there hun! :)

Nicole...I said it on FB but congratulations!!!! :bunny:
Took me by total surprise! I looked at your ticker on my journals front page yesterday and thought "oooh Nicole is term now I should see how she's doing". Little did I know you were just then having your new little boy!!!
Why would you be embarassed about 4-5 pushes? Sounds like you did an excellent job and I am thrilled it all went so well for you. :flower:

congrat nicole!! cant wait for pics.. dont feel embarrassed it didnt take me many more and iv had no other children lol! epidural is amazing isnt it? it really put me in a better frame of mind and I really enjoyed labour after it had kicked in!

LB dont feel guilty hun, It must be aweful for you :hugs: u deserve to have a bit of a moan x

Ladybird...We are all here to listen and you have every right to feel fed up at the stage you are! Can you believe that round here they don't consider a person "overdue" until 42 weeks? I will go insane! :wacko: From 40-42 weeks they call a person "post dates" and then overdue comes at 42+1. And every baby born lights an hormonal fire in my brain making me want Squiggle NOW! Even though, in my case, it is wrong to want that so soon.
Why is it that some women get to have their babies earlier and others have to wait 5 weeks longer? It ain't fair is it? :haha:

Nicole...I meant to ask in the last post, I see DS has his birthday today - does that mean they are just 2 days apart? My mum and I have our birthdays 4 days apart and I love it that they are so close.

Congrats Nicole!!! I can't wait to see pics!!!

LB- Don't stress the moan! We all have been there almost now lol and it sucks being 9 months pregnant! You WANT to feel grateful that your pregnant... but you can't lol! I hope you have that baby SOON!

OMG Congrats Nicole :happydance::baby: you totally caught me by surprise too. That is so cool if your boys bdays are that close together. Did you know you were having a boy and do you have a name? wow...so many questions I know, just so excited for you. Cant wait to see some pics and glad the labour went well.

2016- I hope the pain is subsiding a bit, and I agree with the other girls- most of the doctors mentality over here in Canada/N America is its much better on the baby if the mom is not in pain- so they do prescribe stuff. Apparently it can cause some stress to the baby if you are in pain so its worth the medication. Thinking of you, please dont have your baby too soon or I will be on my own... :hugs:

Joli- I will pm you later today, how are you doing? Gosh I hope little Harrison is sleeping more for you. Looking forward to some updates :hugs:

LB- I dont blame you for being anxious to deliver, I would be the exact same way- my gosh your turn must be coming soon. I dont know if its that way with your DH but I find men in general kind of big babies when they are sick. My hubby is a bit dramatic when he is sick...makes me laugh actually. Here I am pregnant and I am like are you okay is there anything I can do for you :dohh:

Hello CN and GG and Tink

as for me- well starting to get some symptoms I guess. I did have some nausea yesterday but honestly I think it has to do with my diet, if I do things right I am fine. First time I had it, I didnt take food with my prenatal (big mistake) than I had it after the gym when I was starving....not a good idea to do a light work out on a semi empty stomach
I also very sore boobs, ouchers.... Scan is on Wed, cant wait

:hugs:

Yay congrats Nicole !!!! & well done on getting him out quick. I could get mine out on my own even after 3 hours of pushing. So u did a great job!

Thanks ladies, I hate moaning but thought after my pre term labour episode and then having all the steroid injections, that he might make an earlier appearance as his lungs would prob mature quicker. Oh well, have to just see what happens. I must admit I am frightened of being induced though.

Britt - you def have a point about how men are when they are ill. I know my dh felt ill as he has asthma so it's made his chest infection worse but it's been like a performance of the "dying swan!". Good thing is he's perked up today and is now up and about. You must be so looking forward to your scan on Wednesday. I'm sure everything will be fine and can't wait to hear how it goes. xx
2016 - I can't believe that in your area they only say overdue at 42+1!! that's crazy. Its mad isn't it how one area of the Nhs can vary from another xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->